Lt. Commander
# 2691
12-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Short-term: No more grinding for EDC and salvage in STFs;. Would be far easier for everyone to just grant a requisition at the end of the mission, like the original STF's granted a piece of Borg tech.

Medium-term: 1# Place the Deferi Invasion mission on the queuing system where the STF's are located.
2# If we don't want to grind the STF's for the good gear, allow us to craft it instead.

Long-term: Give us the ability to receive skill points for our ship and ground skills, even though we've reached the level cap. (Doesn't have to be a lot, just small amounts when we complete a mission).
Lt. Commander
# 2692
12-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Short term: Fix the Boff cloning issues on my bridge. I'd like my officers to all have a place on that wide open expanse. I take alot of time tweaking all of my Boff's appearances as well as their skills, I'd like to at least have my bridge cosmetically reflect that. It doesn't bother me nearly as much that there isn't anything to do on my ship, as much as it bothers me that my officers aren't all represented. On a side not to this, i'd love to be able to set a uniform for my whole ship. My Boff's and captain having one uniform scheme and the rest of the npc's on my ship having mismatched uniforms make me want to find my ships quartermaster and toss him out the airlock.

Mid term: I'd like to see a form of refitting for old favorite ships. I got very attactched to a couple of them, heck i used my nx-class until i hit captain, just because i didn't want to see it become defunct. I'd like to see a way for us to upgrade them, either through a special ship refit at spacedock or something, where we can trade dilithium or w/e to upgrade them. It would also make for a more interesting spacescape out there, with VA's not all flying around in the same few classes of ships.

Long Term: I'd like to see the romulans become playable.

I enjoy alot of the new changes, and hope that the drive to improve doesn't fizzle out again.
Lt. Commander
# 2693
12-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terabelle View Post
Short term: Fix the Boff cloning issues on my bridge. I'd like my officers to all have a place on that wide open expanse. I take alot of time tweaking all of my Boff's appearances as well as their skills, I'd like to at least have my bridge cosmetically reflect that. It doesn't bother me nearly as much that there isn't anything to do on my ship, as much as it bothers me that my officers aren't all represented. On a side not to this, i'd love to be able to set a uniform for my whole ship. My Boff's and captain having one uniform scheme and the rest of the npc's on my ship having mismatched uniforms make me want to find my ships quartermaster and toss him out the airlock.

Mid term: I'd like to see a form of refitting for old favorite ships. I got very attactched to a couple of them, heck i used my nx-class until i hit captain, just because i didn't want to see it become defunct. I'd like to see a way for us to upgrade them, either through a special ship refit at spacedock or something, where we can trade dilithium or w/e to upgrade them. It would also make for a more interesting spacescape out there, with VA's not all flying around in the same few classes of ships.

Long Term: I'd like to see the romulans become playable.

I enjoy alot of the new changes, and hope that the drive to improve doesn't fizzle out again.
I was going to post...but I think you covered my short/mid/long-term goals
Lt. Commander
Short:
Euro friendly invasion timezones
MX STF gear to get outfit
Ability to exchange 2 rare borg salvage for 10 EDCs

Mid:
Borg liberated over speices (Gorn,Andorian,Orion etc)
abilty to become your first officer (so we can be borg,breen,Reman or photonic)
Fleet starbases

Long:
More playable fractions
Breen
Romulan
Carddasion
(My main three playable fractions)
Lt. Commander
# 2695
12-26-2011, 04:24 AM
1.- PvP has broken -> carriers and heavy unbalanced -> anybody play

2.- Ground need love. Champions online has the same "game engine2 and have a lot of options, if this game where 50% of complex of champions online in ground, will become to fantastic game.

3.- Real playable factions ( cardassians, romulans, breens , etc... )

4.- Don't build a cake 15 ingredients, to fit races with no compatible lores in two major factions. ( Example: Orions with klingons?, this is startrek ?, Gorn with klingons?. Klingons are xenophobic race, they no integrate in their culture, only conquest ). Be respectful with the races backgrounds.

5.- Gigant space zone with persisten worlds.

6.- Un reclamed space zone, with open pvp.

7.- Private pvp and pve with less rewards. People that not belongs to fleet canīt play for population issues.

8.- Crafting vessels, space stations, etc... economy driven by players.

9.- Open Gamma quadrant

10.- No more levels, more skill oriented game.

11.- Free selection of vesseles. The appearance does not have a hard relationship with the characteristics.

12.- Why i have to fit 5 members to do a fleet. Prevents the formation of small communities. Money is enough.

13.- Sideckick system that allow to play Battleground with your friend.

Regards !!!
Lt. Commander
# 2696
12-26-2011, 07:10 AM
SHORT TERM

* Relook at the reward system in STF's. One EDC is a tad ridiculous as a reward... Consider perhaps handing out a minimum of 2 guaranteed, with say a 20% chance to drop an extra 1 and a 5-10% chance for 2 extras.

* PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, allow us to buy the ingame ships for EC again or DRAMATICALLY reduce their cost in Dilithium. The ships are already free ingame, why is it made such a mission to change your mind?? I am a casual STO player and will Never afford another Tier 4/5 ship due to the cost. I really felt like a change of ship, but so much for that....

MID TERM

* I know it's being looked into, but the crafting needs serious love. Again, due to Dilithium, I will not be crafting anymore. The amounts needed are WAY beyond what I could ever afford. I understand the need to balance just being able to craft the strongest items, but have perhaps SLIGHTLY weaker options available that you can just spend research materials on.

* Weapon FX need fixing. A dual beam bank (goes for any dual weapon really) should not fire from either side of your ship. It should be 2 beams fairly close together. What I would love is to have hardpoints. You can still kit your ship as normal, but it highlights where on the ship the weapon will be mounted It shouldn't interfere with firing arcs at all.

LONG TERM

* Implement some kind of hydroponics bay into your ship. Allow us to collect plant samples when on away missions and use those to discover new or more effective Hypospays etc...

* On Away Missions, they SERIOUSLY need work. The fact that I Definitely already know I'll either be scanning or killing 5 of whatevers down there is tedious. I'd suggest introducing more puzzle oriented play. You can perhaps only scan 2 of whatever is planetside, then there is a "piecing together" section. You need to analyse the drawings/markings/schematics and figure out what they mean. You could go one further and have certain optional goals only achievable by certain classes.

* Variety. There is Far to much of the same. Even with the ship tailor etc. You need to introduce far more ways of making yourself unique. Either add a stack more sets, or provide some other means of "uniquely" (I know there will never be ONLY one) marking yourself. Honestly I would do a Complete Item overhaul. Make purple items feel special. Create a loot system that works. I have not used ONE weapon that has dropped in missions. All my rewards from missions are better.
Lt. Commander
# 2697
12-26-2011, 11:18 AM
It's been almost two years since I last gave my thoughts here.

SHORT-TERM
* Rework STF rewards. Grinding 40 missions for one piece of Mk. XI gear is insanely prohibitive in terms of time, and since I already have a bunch of purple standard issue Mk. XI stuff, Rare Borg Salvage does nothing for me. Maybe if it were tradeable for more Encrypted Data Chips, it'd feel like less of an ordeal.
* Take dilithium out of crafting, or at least lower the costs for unreplicable materials. Again, the costs are insanely prohibitive for doing just about anything, and not everyone wants to fiddle with the dilithium exchange. Why not use different mats you can find in-game?
* Better align non-scaling rewards like the Efficient Impulse Engines Mk. IV to the level you actually do the mission.

MID-TERM
* A wider range of alien bridge officers. And I don't mean defectors from other races. I'm talking Federation members. Tiburonians, Efrosians and Napeans jump to mind. And for Klingons, the Arin'Sen and Kriosians, who are canonically Klingon subject species.
* A makeover for Starbase 39 Sierra and Starbase 114 in the Celes System, turning them into full-out social areas.
* Excise Mackenzie Calhoun from the game and hurl him callously into the Discard Bin of Awful Names for Aliens.

LONG-TERM
* New sectors like Deferi space, populated by original species with original conflicts. Again, half the joy of Star Trek is exploration. We like blasting Klingons, yeah, but Star Trek is about seeking out new life and new civilizations. The Deferi are this; where's the next contender?
* A Tier 5 Akira with Peregrine launch bay.
* A wider range of side-story missions that you can access and play through outside of the primary story arc. Perhaps it's time-consuming, but it also gives players more to do. Because let's face it, the Genesis content doesn't cut it when it comes to immersion. Give us something to do on the side that doesn't come from a cookie cutter.
Lt. Commander
# 2698
12-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Some Skill Timers too be shorted Like

Engineering Fleet 2 is 5 min long
Miracle Worker 3 is 4 min

And i think the Multi - Vector Assault Mode's need too be shorted as well a 10 min timer i think is too long
Lt. Commander
# 2699 Q
12-29-2011, 02:18 AM
i love this game so i only have 1 long term Q is one of the best star trek characters have him just show up out of the blue at any time even doing while your trying to do a mission becouse thats what he does lol and let us deside how we handle him i think would be fun for us and great for the writers becouse you just go crazy and do any thing with the story becouse thats what Q is like
Lt. Commander
# 2700
12-29-2011, 02:19 PM
my short term change... the "deflector dish" on the bird of prey... is not on the front... thats the torpedo launcher. the deflector array is on the wings and it just looks silly launching torps through your "deflector" fx

also id like a t5 ship able to use the new ning'tao class skin... why give the klingons a modern looking bird of prey but have them all fly the one in star trek 3 when they get to end game?

medium fleet opperated star bases

long term... playable romulan faction / ships and race. ill even settle for them being part of the federation.