Lt. Commander
# 2701 Patrol missions
12-30-2011, 08:48 AM
top thing i want to see come back is the the actually patrol missions it realy helped with lvling.

Only issue i have at moment
Lt. Commander
Short Term: Storyline Content, storyline content, storyline content. Make dilithium a silver thing, ease up on us gold members. Make the items we craft with no dil the same as theirs except usable only by gold members. How hard is that?

Medium Term: More storyline content. You were being bought out, I get that. So what were the peons (devs etc not actually involved with the buying and selling negotiations) doing during the takeover. Were you getting paid? Were you at your desks? Then why weren't you making storyline content? If you were all temporarily laid off and sent home then I take it back, sorry.

Long term
: More storyline content. Can I tell you how insanely boring doing STFs, fixing those 3 g*dd*mn satellites, and killing the same 7 ships while defending the reserve tanks is getting. Give me weekly episodes like we were promised a year ago. I have certainly been giving you my $30 / month (wife and I sub). Surely you can give us more than running a race on ice. p.s. Deferi borg invasion is not storyline content.
Lt. Commander
MUST DO THINGS TO SAVE STO! PART 1

1.COMBINE ALL SECTOR SPACE… ONE MAP
2.SECTOR SPACE… The ship interior should be fully utilised in sector space.
3.FACTION FRIENDLY SAFE SPACE AND NEUTRAL ZONE…
3. a) DIPLOMACY VERSUS COMBAT – “DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY”
3.FACTION FRIENDLY SAFE SPACE AND NEUTRAL ZONE…
4. NEUTRAL ZONE – “BAD LANDS”
5. SPACE COMBAT – “RED ALERT!!!”
6. “PREPARE TO BE BOARDED!!!”
7. BOARDING MINIGAME
8. WEAPONS/TECHNOLOGY – “ALL WEAPONS RUNNING WITHIN NORMAL PARAMETERS… CAPTAIN”
9. GROUND COMBAT – “SET PHASERS TO STUN”
10. GIVE OFFICERS MORE VALUE
11. TRANSFER CURRENT DOFF SYSTEM TO READY ROOM
12. STARBASE – “DEFEND THIS STATION” Sisko

SECTOR SPACE – “SPACE THE FINAL FRONTIER”
1. COMBINE ALL SECTOR SPACE… ONE MAP
2. SECTOR SPACE… CRUISE IN YOUR SHIP INTERIOR

The ship interior should be fully utilised in sector space.
The bridge should have the auto-navigate button... Tell your officer at the helm to get you somewhere and he will take you there.
The view screen should show your map and nearby objects… the better your sensors… the further out you can see!!!!!

3. FACTION FRIENDLY SAFE SPACE AND NEUTRAL ZONE…
In your own faction space you cannot be attacked (safe zone) outside of this you can be attacked by ANY enemy faction.
Example: If I am federation I shouldn’t be able to waltz around in cardassian space if we are at war with them. There ships and starbases should attack me.
THIS COULD CREATE…
DIPLOMACY VERSUS COMBAT – “DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY”
Doing diplomacy missions and tasks should give a player immunity to go into other sectors without being attacked by their starbases or patrol ships, however if your diplomacy rank is low you would get attacked.
Make this a balancing act.... if you gain diplomacy you lose combat attributes and vice versa.
Attacking another ship in neutral zone for example should decrease your diplomacy level.

4. NEUTRAL ZONE – “BAD LANDS”
This should be high risk/high reward areas…
Fleets should be able to build starbases and claim territory.
This should include advanced hostile/friendly NPC species and missions… cool B-).

5. SPACE COMBAT – “RED ALERT!!!”
Ships should be permanently destructible. This will devalue ships in STO, but seriously… I have currently 9 redundant ships I never use sitting at the shipyard…
Whatever I do in STO I have nothing to lose, which is why STO is BORING.
I should be able to lose consoles/weapons/entire ships if I am destroyed outside of faction space unless I’m on a specific mission.
There should be a risk to being destroyed in a sequential way, i.e loosing dps, accuracy. Etc. These can be fixed via your officers, which should also take time, not insta-fix like we see in elite STF’s.
If your ship/consoles/officers are destructible then you should be able to….
“ABANDON SHIP”
If you are destroyed in combat in sector space, you risk losing weapons and officers, however, if you abandon ship, your escape pods will reach space dock, and you will respawn, on these escape pods, you can put all your officers, and a limited number of ship weapons/equipment.
Your escape pods can be upgraded, to carry more weapons, according to your rank and ship.
Your enemy has a choice to disable or destroy your ship!!!

6. “PREPARE TO BE BOARDED!!!”
I SHOULD BE ABLE TO BOARD YOUR SHIP
Users should be able to disable ships in neutral zone and board them. Engaging a ground pvp mini game taking place on the boarded ship. The two players must either fight or negotiate to save their own ship or loot the disabled ship. Awesome!
WHILST IN SPACE COMBAT - You need to abandon ship while still got the chance, clicking abandon ship has a counter, lets say 1 minute. If your destroyed before this point, you will still escape with your officers, and the predetermined consoles you decided to save.
You will respawn on earth with your injured officers, and you saved your whole inventory but your ship is left behind.
However, if the enemy decides to disable your ship they have a chance to board your ship.
This will engage a ground combat mission on your own ship, where the player brings his team to kill or talk to you. If he kills you, he can salvage your consoles and your weapons, even your ship.

7. BOARDING MINIGAME
Is comprised of four sections, where both players should be able to go to.
Cargo bay – This is the boarded ships inventory… if your enemy gets their he can loot your inventory… Risky 
Engineering – The enemy can loot your consoles/weapons
Bridge – this is where the player being boarded will spawn
Escape pods – this is where the player being boarded must reach in order to abandon ship (if he doesn’t want to stand and fight the aggressors).
The player has a choice to fight off enemies from his/her cargo bay and engineering or run to the escape pod, running to escape pod will initiate abandon ship (you get away with your officers and whatever components can fit on your escape pods).

The player being boarded should have a self-destruct option located at the bridge that he/she can enable/disable but this has a countdown. So if you decide as soon as you’re being boarded to self-destruct… your enemy has lets say 6 minutes to kill you and salvage your components.
Scenarios –
If the enemy dies, they will respawn on their own ship, without any salvage. Your ship would be untargetable for the enemy thereafter – this will engage the repair function for you (explained below).
If the player being boarded dies, you don’t get to abandon ship, you risk losing your consoles, your officer and your ship whether or not you have it on self-destruct and your enemy has the opportunity to salvage components and beam out.
If your enemy takes items and beams out, they will take whatever they were able to put in their inventory.
The enemy can beam out at any point, but this will end their boarding mission and the player being boarded should be invincible in sector space, however disabled. The player being boarded can then disable self-destruct and repair his/her ship, this should depend on your bridge officers how long it takes to repair and get IMPULSE ENGINES BACK ONLINE!
Once repaired you get the warp to faction/safe space option, where you will repsawn with a heavily damaged ship with maybe some missing consoles, but in safe space, you will have to get back to space dock or starbase to repair your ship fully.
If you don’t disable sefl destruct, you will die and respawn with some missing comrades. Lulz.

8. WEAPONS/TECHNOLOGY – “ALL WEAPONS RUNNING WITHIN NORMAL PARAMETERS… CAPTAIN”
All ship equipment should be fully destructible in combat and should have mileage.
Buying brand new weapons directly from Starfleet would be expensive but they would be working at peak efficiency… The more your use your weapons the more maintenance/resources they should require to keep them running at peak efficiency.
Better officers… Better maintenance abilities for weps/consoles etc.

9. GROUND COMBAT – “SET PHASERS TO STUN”
Injuries should be more realistic… if your on a ground mission and your officer sustains an injury(debuff) this should take an undetermined amount of time to recover. These officers should also be destructible… suffering a heavy loss on ground missions your officers should be able to be killed… not just become unconscious.
STAR TREK is about TEAMS… Your officers…. And honestly STO has got nothing to do with that…

CONTINUED PART TWO!!!!
Lt. Commander
MUST DO THINGS TO SAVE STO! PART 2

10. GIVE OFFICERS MORE VALUE
BOFF’S and DOFF’S should be combined. A user should be able to train up an officer individually. Grow them, promote them, and may be have them as first officer one day! Taking officers on ground missions should individually give them xp and level them up…
Every player character should have a team of 20 officers.
And on his roster the player character has to fill slots for roles like a sports team… who playes what position.
These positions should be:

1 First officer
1 or 2 Doctor(s)
Lt. Commander
Chief engineer
Helm
Lieutenant
Security
maybe 3x Ensign(s)
and the rest are crewmans

You should be able to put any officer in any position… however, if you put a pilot on your helm… you should get a ship buff… like turn rate, or speed. Etc… Putting an low level crewman as chief engineer will mean less efficiency etc.
But it would be awesome to see the teams that users could put together.
Current STO space combat does not need to be affected as you can select a certain number of officers whose abilities you can you while in space combat.

Crew man… Basically either stand ins for when your officers are injured in combat, or young fresh faced cadets straight out of star fleet academy on their first assignment on your ship!

Ensigns – These are the same as crew man, but just promoted... maybe able to award a skill training once they have been promoted.

Security – this usually wouldn’t matter in STO… but since you can be boarded! You should have security!!!!... this would also be helpful in other ground missions where you can take a security team designed specifically for ground combat.

Tactical – These officers would remain the same… have superior space combat and ground combat skills… but less ground combat skills than security obviously.

Science – These officers should have the ability to give you better sensors… as we mentioned earlier. Whilst in sector space (lets say your in a neutral zone where you can be attacked). The better science officers you have the better your sensors should be at detecting them at long range.

Engineering – These officers should be stationed in your engineering interior. Rather than having duty officers doing some random warp coils assignments which give you virtually no benefit after your VA. You should be able to go to engineering and give them direct maintenance assignments on your ship to keep it running at peak efficiency. This ties in with the idea that ships and weapons are degradable without maintenance. Awesome!
Not got enough DPS!? That’s okay… head down to engineering and give your chief engineer an assignment to clean up your warp coils or repair the power flow through eps conduits on decks 21… to increase your dps to optimum performance!... Captain.

Doctor…
These officers should determine the amount of injuries your officers experience and how long it takes for them to recover!... Your injured officers should not be able to come to combat with you and will be in sick bay until the doctor thinks they are fit for duty.

First officer
This officer will have a direct effect on your individual abilities. You should be able to go into your ready room and your first officer should tell you which officers on your ship are showing a lot of promise… gained xp… or what assignments should be done. From your ready room you should be able to access mail and maybe an in game web browser… So you never have to leave the comfort of your own ship…. Lulz.
Your first officer is your go to guy… he should give you updates and so forth.

Helm
This officer should have a direct effect on your ships manuverability. The better the officer, the better your turn rate for example… (+5% turn rate). And this officer should also determine how fast you can auto-navigate to other systems.

Give these officers morale, how often do you give them shore leave? These factors should lead to increased efficiency, buffs and special skills. For example an officer coming back from shore leave or time in the holodeck may receive an efficiency buff for 24 hours etc.

These officers should be made up of:
Attributes - These attributes to could cover anything and everything, categorised into the separate obvious fields… engineering, tactical, science. And this should affect your ship and your abilities.

Special skills or perks – for example chance to recharge a certain ability faster… very rare officers might give you +15% accuracy.

Abilities – these are normal abilities as used in STO right now
only the officer allocated on your bridge, as it ais right now in STO, should be allowed to used their abilities whilst in combat.

These officers can die in combat, or they may decide to LEAVE, as they are on assignment on your ship, not permanently contracted.
Successful missions and on-board entertainment/technology will increase morale and the efficiency of their attributes. And therefore your overall performance.
These officers are part of a Starfleet or any faction roster... if they are killed, they are simply erased from history.., but if they decide to leave after the assignment time is over, you can put them up on the exchange for bidding or for trading between players.
This constant up and down of attributes, will give the player a more immersed experienced, as they will be able to assess their officers before going into combat, to see who is performing at peak efficiency. Different species have attributes for example a liberated borg will perform at high efficacy for longer and do not require shore leave or time in the holo suits (wwell come to that in a second) but require technology like the regeneration alcove for the borg and should also require high levels of maintenance resources. Bare in mind, officers will be promoted and want to leave after being commander, or before you promote someone to first officer, this will mean your current first officer is reassigned on the exchange or traded.

11. TRANSFER CURRENT DOFF SYSTEM TO READY ROOM
The current STO duty officer assignments should be completely transferred to your ready room via your first officer. Sending an officer on an away mission assignment would specifically be to train up your officer attributes, and for the duration of the assignment they should not be able to be used in missions or combat. For example you send an officer to the Starfleet academy for training for ground combat for a day, he will come back with better attributes in ground combat
All systems, engineering and life support etc maintenance assignments should be dealt with on-board the DOF system in engineering. Kewl!

12. STARBASE – “DEFEND THIS STATION” Sisko
Fleet starbases are a must! IT’S A GOD DAM MMORPG!
Fleet Starbases should be commissioned in neutral zone space. This should cost a certain amount of energy credits and dilithium. A huge amount of resources and energy must be needed to commission a starbase.
But once commissioned it will generate daily resources for high ranked fleet members.
The starbase should have its own defences, standard starbase turrets and beam and projectile weapons, the are additional weapons slots for weapons that can be acquired or normal ship weapons, which are weaker but will still do damage. You can only craft high level starbase weapons not purchase.
These starbases can be boarded or destroyed similar to normal ships. If all starbase weapons are destroyed. You can longer respawn at this starbase and you will respawn at the nearest faction starbase or planet. Allowing enemy fleets to take over your starbase. Remaining people on the starbase will have to fight away boarding enemy. As soon as the weapons are down, all starbase, for example email and bank and exchange will be disabled.

13. CONCLUSION
I know MMORPG’s and I love Star Trek… These changes will give STO a more immersive and addictive experience.

Korix & Pulsar
Lt. Commander
# 2705
01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
short term:
first, bring back the real STFs, the missions we worked to become good at and built friendships within.

Second, make the rewards for those STFs something worth really having, something worth the time and effort we put into such a mission.

Third, fix it so we don't take 5 minuts to beam down onto ESD or DS9 (I have actually timed out before beaming onto ESD)

Mid Term:
Hey, how about some new content, that would be refreshing and welcomed.

See above statement

Long term:
Hmmm, how about something like a ship we can actually earn, not have a chance to win or pay for the same chance to gain(win in another word)

How about making STO either a Pay to win Game or put a challange into it so that we don't notice all the things you keep taking away from us.Fix Crafting, at the rate you have gone already, over 100 of my "Friend's" have headed off to a galaxy far far away, as have alot of Cryptic's Dev's as i have read, which is just plain sad no matter how you look at it.
Lt. Commander
# 2706
01-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Please keep in mind this is from the perspective of a brand new one and a half day old player. Being new I will likely not have the same concerns as veterans due to lack of experience with the game, but knowing what new players notice as problems is probably quite important to you guys at Cryptic.

Short Term:
Fixed audio bugs, crackling and bizarre eccho.

Mid Term:
Make shooter mode more versatile, I mean this by letting the player interact in this mode. I find I have to click `B´ constantly because I have to use my mouse or interact with objects and other things. The perspective/shooter aspect is an improvement over standard, but needs more work to make it into a staple game mode.

Long Term:
More personal interior ship choice, currently it is fairly bland with little to do and seems a wasted opportunity. Inclusions could be outfitting the NPC crew members to resemble tailored officer crew member uniforms, Jeffries tubes for exploration/repairs, holodeck for entertainment, armoury as weapon display, brig, interior light settings, more displays, more access to ship areas, officer quarters for my important crew members. Basically the ability to truly tailor the players crew and ship to the Star Trek experience we want.
Lt. Commander
# 2707
01-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Short Term
1. Bring back the patrol missions
2. Ambassador class ship
3. More maps in The Foundry

Mid Term
1. Add a shuttle bay to the engineering ship deck
2. Ability to choose a BOFF ‘as a pet’ when we beam down to social zones
3. Range of shuttle interiors

Long Term
1. New hair tec
2. Interactive BOFFs
3. More sectors
Lt. Commander
# 2708
01-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Foundry, Foundry, Foundry.

Short Term: STF assets in the Foundry. There's just so much storytelling utility for a lot of those visuals. Particularly the Borg stuff, of course.

Mid Term: Some very basic conditional scripting capability in the Foundry to enable more branching stories. Just yes/no flags that can be defined, set and checked as conditionals, at least in dialogue.

Long Term: Expanded editing of the appearance of starships in the Foundry, or at least some generic alien vessels, to enable some degree of representation of non-Starfleet, non-KDF aliens that UGC creators might want to include.
Lt. Commander
# 2709
01-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Short Term: more content, not C-store fluff or P2W ships.

Mid-term: more content, not C-store fluff or P2W ships.

Long-term: MORE CONTENT, NOT C-STORE FLUFF OR P2W SHIPS!!!

Simple enough? Is it too much to ask?
Lt. Commander
# 2710
01-06-2012, 07:47 PM

Short Term - Missions! The more the better.

Mid Term - Explorable Sol system. I want to full impulse past Saturn, jupiter, and Uranus (Couldn't help it).

Long Term - More shipboard locales, and please make the layouts actually fit the size and proportions of the ship!