Lt. Commander
# 2771
01-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Revised list from way before would be:

1. Fix bugs and errors for 1 week per month and 3 weeks to be other things.
2. Start planning and designing for medium term some sandbox gameplay that can be like player generated but not the foundry, maybe a economy that is player driven like from eve with mining manufacturing, selling of final goods, all stages of production for those who would like to do such things.
3. Long term, have a long term goal in mind and tell the people what it is and try to get it to that stage in stages one stage per year so basically a roadmap ppl can follow on the site and STICK TO IT! Because sto seems to just release this that and the other with no clear plan of the final game coming to the players because all we are seeing is random stuff added which doesnt seem to form a solid motion of what you want the game to end up like in the long haul. Random things are nice but if they arnt aiming for a long term goal it seems there just quick plugins to satisfy the short term enjoyment factor to keep players playing which is ok but i would much rather see a long term feature by feature leading up and building up to a whole which intergrates it all nicely to show one glorious star trek online universe.
Lt. Commander
# 2772
01-29-2012, 05:36 PM
I have another idea:

Mid/Long Term: Ship boarding. In your first trailer, you showed Klingons boarding federation vessels. Please make this an ability, and make all the bridge officers on the bridge fight the boarders too. Also allow for in bridge gameplay for friends (i.e. The captian pilots while his friend mans the tactical console, which enables a shooter mode style targeting mode for friend to shoot enemy ships at will.), like in Star Trek: First Contact, when Worf comes aboard from the Defiant and helps at tactical on the Enterprise-E.
Lt. Commander
# 2773
01-29-2012, 06:14 PM
I only have one request right now... I love the game and finally found my race... I'm a ferengi

My one request is that other than a holo emitter, I would love to have a permanent ship to fly as a ferengi, i want to fly a D'Kora... I think there should be other ships besides the federation to fly...

For my example, a shipyard on Ferenginar to sell ferengi their class of ships
Lt. Commander
# 2774
01-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conrad
(...)

Short term:
(...)
-I am sick of beaming from my bridge to tactical view. Just have it cut to a loading screen, please
I'm not sick (as I'm not McCoy ;-) ) but I'd like to have this, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conrad
Mid-Term
(...)
-Shuttle bays. And I want to be able to see my actual shuttles and small craft.
I don't want to just look at my shuttles in the shuttlebay. I want to select one without visiting a shipselection officer in ESD or DS9. Maybe I just wander around my shuttlebay and have a look at the interior of my shuttles and small crafts. An when I'm near the helm control in the cockpit an interaction button should pop out. And when I click this button a launchsequence will be played and the shuttle is set as active ship. This would add to the mission "Cloaked intentions" in the romulan (reman?) campaign.
Lt. Commander
SHORT TERM GOAL

Make it so we can tailer the uniforms of ur ship crew. It doesn't look right when you walk around your ship and you crew is wearing different style clothes than your bridge crew. They should just make a male and female template to alter the unorms so the player can set differences in gender clothing.

MID TERM GOAL

Make a first officer bridge consel that reflects the first officer's rank. If he or she is a commander, give them a commander bridge consel that has 4 ablilty slots. Its way everyone of every class can enjoy using the full potential of their number one officer. Make sure player must pay cryptic point to change 1st officers just like you have to pay to change your captain's name.

LONG TERM GOAL

Starfleet has been concentrating on bringing us new variants of existing class ships and the new Odyssy Class ship but they have neglected a way to conunter balance the Klingons carriers. A team with two or more carriers are are more than a match for a team of non-carrier ships. It's because they have support ships and fighters that server as extra weapons and make a distraction for opposing ships. Its time the Federation makes some carriers of their own to meet the Klingons with retaliation.
Lt. Commander
# 2776
01-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
SHORT TERM GOAL

Make it so we can tailer the uniforms of ur ship crew. It doesn't look right when you walk around your ship and you crew is wearing different style clothes than your bridge crew. They should just make a male and female template to alter the unorms so the player can set differences in gender clothing.
Speaking of uniforms, it would be nice if we could CHANGE into off duty clothes anywhere, sure the tailor still needed to customize it, but be able to CHANGE to that customized clothing slot anywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 2777
01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
First, a couple of disclaimers.

1. I've only been playing since the F2P launch.

2. I deliberately avoided reading any other responses, not because of the volume (over 100 pages) but because I wanted these to be my own observations.

My thoughts:

Short-Term:

1. A keybind layout scheme for ground interactions that more closely matches the default system in Champions Online. (Here, Q/E strafes while A/D turns; there it's the other way around. Here, F picks up; there, it's Z.) It doesn't need to match exactly; I'm just tired of switching between two different interfaces from the same company, and often getting them mixed up during play.

2. An end to Merchants popping up in the middle of my trying to do other things from the console, only to say "I'm a busy man, so goodbye."

3. Greater species availability In the Foundry. If it's a playable species, it should be in the Foundry.

Mid-Term:

1. A "copy uniform" function, so that whatever customizations the player make to the captain's uniform can be automatically copied to other Bridge Officers.

2. The same "copy uniform" function, in the Foundry. And it should work regardless of the recipient's species. (This is actually more important to me than the above, but I suspect that the above would be easier to implement, and could be done first on the way to this one.)

3. Androids and Holograms as PCs (a C-Store option, of course), and as BOffs.

(Also a #4 priority: rename RearAdmiral, Lower Half to Commodore. Then Rear Admiral, Upper Half becomes simply Rear Admiral.)

Long-Term:

1. There's a discussion on how one could upload audio for use in Foundry Missions, including several clever suggestions on how it could be smoothly integrated into both the construction and the play of those Missions. I'd recommend taking a look at it, and seeing if something couldn't be done.

2. "Number One, take the conn." I'd like to be able to turn the responsibilities for a starship battle over to my First Officer. There are many reasons I might need this: I might be called away AFK during mid-battle for something that can't wait, my hands may be too tired to handle a ship battle, I may just feel like watching it as an observer, etc. The battle would use my First Officer's skills and skill levels, and if she's normally at one of the consoles there'd have to be a replacement handy; that would keep this from being abused. But I do think it should be doable.

3. Some means of providing extra rewards in Foundry Missions. A value could be expressed for various items, and when they're given as rewards, the value is taken out of the Skill Points awarded for the Mission. For example, in one that I'm working on I think it would be good to let the captains keep the Klingon Emergency Security Hologram who plays a part, as a unique, custom Duty Officer. Other reward options for the same Project could include Schematics, Devices, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2778
01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
I would like to see a more fluid mission system, for example since all the missions now match your level or so it seems, options that would take you through the missions on a different path, for example instead of following them in the current order klingon , romulan cardassian etc. why not let there be some sort of choice where you may be able to go from klingon to breen or borg or what ever and then come back to other missions. it would feel less regimented that way and give a little sense of freedom in your decisions.
Lt. Commander
# 2779
01-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Short term:

FIX EXISTING BUGS and upgrade the Klingons to full status like the Federation. Need missions/chains to do that? Look at the foundry. Set up a system in which foundry authors can be compensated somehow if their mission/series is converted into a main mission chain. You can compensate them with C-Store points if you feel queasy about giving them cash plus leave a credit note in the mission description, so their name will forever be included in the game. This does at least a couple of things: 1. more missions = more players = more money 2. more players will make more foundry missions in hopes of getting them picked up for c-store points = more foundry slot purchases = more money. 3. Quality missions at a low development cost.

Also, figure out what the "micro" part of microtransactions means. $25 for a ship is not "micro" by any stretch of the imagination. Half that amount probably doesn't even apply as "micro" but would be better.

Mid-Term:

Custom craftable ship system. Give us a bunch of parts and let us kitbash our own ships together. A simple system involving various sets of attachment points would make it awesome. This game isn't canon, so our ships shouldn't have to be either. If the overlords at CBS balk, make the canon ships uncustomizable. Ship parts packs = c-store items = more money. Take a look at regular player ship design contests to entice people to model new ships for the new era with the prize being that the ship gets brought into the game as a playable ship and/or parts. More ships + more customization = more players = more money.

Long-Term

Playable Races: Romulans, Cardassians, Breen, and BORG. I mean full on cube/sphere/diamond flying Borg, not freed Borg. Missions for all of these would come from the aforementioned foundry sources. Ships would come from a mixture of canon and the ship design contests.
Lt. Commander
# 2780
01-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renothian View Post
Speaking of uniforms, it would be nice if we could CHANGE into off duty clothes anywhere, sure the tailor still needed to customize it, but be able to CHANGE to that customized clothing slot anywhere.
Right (left?) click your character picture and select "Change Uniform". I forget which, at the moment.