Lt. Commander
# 2801
02-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Short Term
Changes unifrom in Cabins Quarters
Promote Sulu to Admiral(Four Star)

Mid Term
Ultitize Starfleet Academy for New Federation Characters as a Tutorial mission
Make the Federation Shipyard functional for requistitioning and reapiring ships.
Massive Fleet Action for Lead by Fleet Admiral Quinn and Emporer Kahless in which one or both could die as Season Closer.
Equipped Item compariason

Long Term
Player Developement of Starships
Delta Quadrant
Lt. Commander
# 2802 General Ideas
02-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Star Trek Online has made great work since its first launching two years ago. Since the Vulcan cruiser D'Kyr was added, I believe one or two other Vulcan ships can be added along with one or two Andorian vessels starting with Commander Shrans ship, the Kumari. At Qo'noS, the space station appears to have a graphical glitch and I was wondering when that will be fixed. Also, is there a way you can make something of a Negh'var refit type vessel that's of the same configuration as the one seen on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The one seen on DS9 has horizontal, flat nacelle pylons and the cannons seen on the under side had more detail. For star systems, I believe we need to be able to head to the Betazoid and Trill home worlds. Perhaps a sector block can be added between the Beta Ursae/Alpha Trianguli and Sirius Sector Block.
Lt. Commander
# 2803
02-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Short Term

1. Fix autofire bug.
2. Clearer, simplified, and readily available descriptions for what skills/consoles/etc have on game parameters.
3. Redo IG rank structure to have Captain or Rear Admiral(<--at most) be the top achievable rank, and make it take longer to level up for gosh sakes

Mid Term

1. Fleet Wars. Fleets fight for control of systems, in a tournament bracket style competition, and receive dilithium rewards for controlling systems. A mixture of space and ground combat would be nice.
2. Make a limited number of minor ship customizations, available for sale in the C store, to change ship abilities and loadout, i.e. make a Boff / console slot universal, etc
3. Make old ships and promoted Boff's more useful by using them in special Duty Officer missions and when called during fleet support.

Long Term

1. Completion of the Klingon lvl 1 - 50 story arc, balancing of Klingon ships to Federation counterparts, and expansion of Klingon sectors to be equivalent in size to other factions.
2. Completion of Romulan and Cardassian story arcs as playable lvl 1-50 factions
3. Borderless map, save the Gamma Orionis and Orellius sectors
Lt. Commander
# 2804
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayonette
Little by little, begin to incorporate starship and station interiors to canon technical manual specifications and PROPER SCALE!

Eventually (and in conjunction with the suggestion many others have made regarding massive and seamless sector space) allow for sector travel of your starship to continue while in the interior of your starship.
I'll sign my name to these two, especially the first. We really don't need these voluminous bridges for any reason that I can think of.

Also please do not let the person responsible for the "02-Year Anniversary" banners anywhere near anything else in the game that is supposed to have words on it. There is no such thing as a "Two-Year Anniversary." It's a "Second Anniversary" or a "Two-Year Celebration." If it's an anniversary, it's denoting the passage of an exact number of years, by definition (the word literally means "year-turning").
Lt. Commander
Hello All!

I read a few of the other replies, but did not feel I could get thru all of those before this one. I hope I am not repeating any below.

Short Term

1 - As the first STF's are already done and can easily be put back in the game - added in the list of the shorter, separate ones, PLEASE bring back the long 3 part STF's as they were before these new ones. This should be a no pain/brain-er. Our Fleet loved the chance to figure them out and find more than one way to enjoy them! Also, the old STF's were valuable recruitment fun for our and perhaps other fleets. People who were or were not in fleets were frustrated in trying to get through them. We showed a LOT of people how.

Mid Term

1 - Better thrusters on larger ships. Yes, in the various Trek series and films we see faster turning Excelsiors and Sovereigns ships at times, but our current turn rates are well - I know what it feels like to be a whale now. The Long Range Retrofit Science ship (Voyager) flew almost as a Tac in the series and landed on planets (though I doubt STO can create planetary landings). Klingon ships seem to fly faster and have more power than Fed ships - I hope asking for better thrusters is not asking too much.

Long Term

1 - Create/Add the ability to fly as in real space - meaning X,Y, and Z flight! Three dimensions - for those who believe they are ready to do so. Yes thrusters will have to be added and that may be some programming headache, but NASA's programmers can/have done it, someone here in STO I know must be up to the challenge! Long ago, I flew some shuttle flight simulator, from lift-off to landing and getting the shuttle oriented for re-entry was the best fun using its thrusters (re-entry 5 by 5 was not easy at all)!

As for the other 2 'wishes for each Term - I feel those above cover them.

Thanks!
@celloman
Lt. Commander
# 2806
02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h33r0yuy View Post
Short Term: Sandwiches. I know of only one kind of sandwich currently available in the game. This is unacceptable.
Don't you LIKE catfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
SHORT TERM GOAL

Make it so we can tailer the uniforms of ur ship crew. It doesn't look right when you walk around your ship and you crew is wearing different style clothes than your bridge crew. They should just make a male and female template to alter the unorms so the player can set differences in gender clothing.

LONG TERM GOAL

Starfleet has been concentrating on bringing us new variants of existing class ships and the new Odyssy Class ship but they have neglected a way to conunter balance the Klingons carriers. A team with two or more carriers are are more than a match for a team of non-carrier ships. It's because they have support ships and fighters that server as extra weapons and make a distraction for opposing ships. Its time the Federation makes some carriers of their own to meet the Klingons with retaliation.
I think everyone wants uniformity in uniforms (pun intended)
carriers would be nice, especially if the fighters could be tasked (cap) (assault) (harrass)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renothian View Post
Speaking of uniforms, it would be nice if we could CHANGE into off duty clothes anywhere, sure the tailor still needed to customize it, but be able to CHANGE to that customized clothing slot anywhere.
you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgreenwade View Post
First, a couple of disclaimers.

1. I've only been playing since the F2P launch.

2. I deliberately avoided reading any other responses, not because of the volume (over 100 pages) but because I wanted these to be my own observations.

My thoughts:

Short-Term:

1. A keybind layout scheme for ground interactions that more closely matches the default system in Champions Online. (Here, Q/E strafes while A/D turns; there it's the other way around. Here, F picks up; there, it's Z.) It doesn't need to match exactly; I'm just tired of switching between two different interfaces from the same company, and often getting them mixed up during play.

2. An end to Merchants popping up in the middle of my trying to do other things from the console, only to say "I'm a busy man, so goodbye."

3. Greater species availability In the Foundry. If it's a playable species, it should be in the Foundry.

Mid-Term:

1. A "copy uniform" function, so that whatever customizations the player make to the captain's uniform can be automatically copied to other Bridge Officers.

2. The same "copy uniform" function, in the Foundry. And it should work regardless of the recipient's species. (This is actually more important to me than the above, but I suspect that the above would be easier to implement, and could be done first on the way to this one.)

3. Androids and Holograms as PCs (a C-Store option, of course), and as BOffs.

(Also a #4 priority: rename RearAdmiral, Lower Half to Commodore. Then Rear Admiral, Upper Half becomes simply Rear Admiral.)

Long-Term:

1. There's a discussion on how one could upload audio for use in Foundry Missions, including several clever suggestions on how it could be smoothly integrated into both the construction and the play of those Missions. I'd recommend taking a look at it, and seeing if something couldn't be done.

2. "Number One, take the conn." I'd like to be able to turn the responsibilities for a starship battle over to my First Officer. There are many reasons I might need this: I might be called away AFK during mid-battle for something that can't wait, my hands may be too tired to handle a ship battle, I may just feel like watching it as an observer, etc. The battle would use my First Officer's skills and skill levels, and if she's normally at one of the consoles there'd have to be a replacement handy; that would keep this from being abused. But I do think it should be doable.

3. Some means of providing extra rewards in Foundry Missions. A value could be expressed for various items, and when they're given as rewards, the value is taken out of the Skill Points awarded for the Mission. For example, in one that I'm working on I think it would be good to let the captains keep the Klingon Emergency Security Hologram who plays a part, as a unique, custom Duty Officer. Other reward options for the same Project could include Schematics, Devices, etc.
custom rewards in foundry will never happen. it would be far too tempting to "scan the wreckage, get a purple engine, scan more wreckage get a purple beam."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanakar
Short term:

FIX EXISTING BUGS and upgrade the Klingons to full status like the Federation. Need missions/chains to do that? Look at the foundry. Set up a system in which foundry authors can be compensated somehow if their mission/series is converted into a main mission chain. You can compensate them with C-Store points if you feel queasy about giving them cash plus leave a credit note in the mission description, so their name will forever be included in the game. This does at least a couple of things: 1. more missions = more players = more money 2. more players will make more foundry missions in hopes of getting them picked up for c-store points = more foundry slot purchases = more money. 3. Quality missions at a low development cost.

Also, figure out what the "micro" part of microtransactions means. $25 for a ship is not "micro" by any stretch of the imagination. Half that amount probably doesn't even apply as "micro" but would be better.

Mid-Term:

Custom craftable ship system. Give us a bunch of parts and let us kitbash our own ships together. A simple system involving various sets of attachment points would make it awesome. This game isn't canon, so our ships shouldn't have to be either. If the overlords at CBS balk, make the canon ships uncustomizable. Ship parts packs = c-store items = more money. Take a look at regular player ship design contests to entice people to model new ships for the new era with the prize being that the ship gets brought into the game as a playable ship and/or parts. More ships + more customization = more players = more money.

Long-Term

Playable Races: Romulans, Cardassians, Breen, and BORG. I mean full on cube/sphere/diamond flying Borg, not freed Borg. Missions for all of these would come from the aforementioned foundry sources. Ships would come from a mixture of canon and the ship design contests.
kitbashed ships would be AWESOME, I'd love a Saladin destroyer from a kitbashed TOS-E. and GOD I want the Ambassador class. playable borge? booooorrrriiiinnnggggg. what would you do/ log in. assimilate next? borg don't explore. they don't have boffs giving lectures. and really, how many borg queen/king/prince of freaking wales cant here be?
Lt. Commander
# 2807
02-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetteguy904
custom rewards in foundry will never happen. it would be far too tempting to "scan the wreckage, get a purple engine, scan more wreckage get a purple beam."
Only if the activity in the Mission would otherwise be enough SPs and BOSPs to equate to a Purple Engine + a Purple Beam, as the value of those two items would be subtracted from those two scores. I'm not sure how the SP and BOSP awards are calculated for Foundry Missions, and I'm not sure what sort of exchange you'd figure between that and the two Purple items you mention, but I think there'd have to be a lot to a Mission to make that even possible.

Also (not really material to that part), the player wouldn't "scan the wreckage" for these things; they'd be given by the Contact upon turning in the Mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2808
02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Short Term: Replace Reman ships with actual Reman ships, and not re-skinned Romulan ones.

Medium Term: The option to retire your character. By this I don't mean said user quitting the game. Instead, it would be nice if we were allowed to change our main character every so often. Give each player an automatic request change (from the very start of their game) to (should they wish it) re-create their main character. Species, Operations, Skills ~ the lot. Then, once in-game, have them come in at the same level their previous one was. Simply gives everyone a little bit of change. Once the first free change request has been used, you could then renew said opportunity every six months or something?

Long Term: A third playable faction. This would ultimately be a toss-up between the Romulan Empire and True Way Cardassian Union. If not either of them, then a totally new faction (one that actually exists in Trek) needs to be put together.
Lt. Commander
# 2809
02-08-2012, 04:20 AM
Short term would be better economy with a better exchange UI( or a complete UI overhaul would be even better ),
in mid term, I'd say a rebalance of episode mission rewards is in order. Currently all the good stuff comes from STF and hardly any Vice Admirals replay episodes -other than a few known missions- to get items.

For long term I think ability to complete missions in different ways such diplomacy, bribery or even with stealth would be good along with the rewards based on the way you've completed the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2810
02-08-2012, 02:56 PM
The Star Trek Universe is a large area and could easily set up exploration areas other than nebulas, even have missions that throws your ship into another quadrant like Voyager.
Someday, I would like to see players to be other factions other than Star Fleet or Klingons. I would like to see a Romulan Faction started. One could even play in the mirror universe too. These are definately long term thoughts but, with such a huge area to work in. The game is only limited to one's imagination.