Lt. Commander
# 2921
03-15-2012, 12:58 AM
What would I like:

1.Return of the emote packs in C- store or patch to unlock the locked emotes since am now a gold member I would like to have full access the emotes since at the moment I don't unless there is another way to unlock them.

2.Improvement to the character creation like hair that does look so ridged a along more choices of clothing especially casual sexy clothing like you see on Risa would be good. More Make Up options for both men and women.

3.The ability to freely move the ui elements around without having to go to that annoying custom hud menu very confusing at times. I mean you can freely move the chat window so why not the rest???
Lt. Commander
# 2922
03-15-2012, 09:23 AM
On new up coming ships ability to change warp cors for better ones, secondary shileds, a mission on every plant only need to be small missions but it will add great feature, more content and feel more real. Ability to finsh defend sector block accolades. Red alert missions need to be different threat each sector, bigger threat for higher level sector. Make it seem atmo as you just doing same mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2923 New ship aquisition method
03-16-2012, 04:10 AM
Long term!! Please give us a new way to acquire ships. Instead of requisitioning them or purchasing, we should have to craft them, or have mining missions to get the materials to build the ship. And I personally would like a cutscene for the making of the ship in the shipyards. And perhaps fly out yourself..
Lt. Commander
# 2924
03-16-2012, 04:13 AM
Mid term Next feature ep should b aboard our own ship!! :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2925
03-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Was going through my past "goals" posted here and I must say... wow, Cryptic implemented a lot of things in not only my posts but others as well over the past 2 years! My apologies for not taking notice sooner to all the many little things and my many thanks for your continued observance of player feedback, Cryptic! Keep up the good work in regards to content and Community!

So.. it's been a while.. time to add my major grief.

Mid/Long Term:
  1. Dilithium System Re-Assessment, Overhaul and Balancing.
    Please have a talking to about the Dilithium System with whoever oversees this "feature" as the C-Store prices are getting insane and the availability of Dilithium rides the repetition shot gun.
  2. Items still on my lists here that could be awesome.
  3. More Q! With "The Q's," John Dé Lance's, voice and likeness and, especially, his miscievious, yet fun and whimiscal nature, through out the entire game, even through end-content!
Lt. Commander
# 2926 Requests
03-16-2012, 11:56 AM
I have a few requests. Sorry if these were already mentioned! If so, please add my voice to the crowd.

Short Term
1. The more oval or egg shaped a saucer is, the worse the textures seem fit onto it. It generally takes a pretty good computer to play this game, so it shouldn't cause too much of a problem to up the poly counts on some of the ships. Up close, the saucer sections are very angular, and especially on the Prometheus, the registry number looks pretty bad draped across that pointy nose.

2. There is a window texture error on the Galaxy Class on the underside of the drive section. You can see it clearly when the ship goes into the warp-out animation and the camera zooms in really close to the hull.

3. You shouldn't have to kill every enemy to win, even if it is a war. "Dealing" with Orion raiders doesn't necessarily have to mean exterminating them. Please add some more exploration, and enemies that hail you and beg for mercy when you have their ship about to go to warp core breach. That's Trek.

Mid Term
1. LCARS interfaces on computer panels, and LCARS styling on the main game interface. It doesn't have to be purple and yellow, but it should look Trek. The game interface feels too much in the way, and it doesn't even feel Trek-like to me, nor does it have the correct compressed fonts for text.

2. More of an episodic feel... On all of the load screens you could cut to a shot of your bridge and crewmen milling about, preparing for the mission ahead.

3. MUSIC! Alexander Courage's fanfare is all over the place, but what about some of the original themes and reprises by Dennis McCarthy and Jerry Goldsmith?

Long Term
1. More use for ship interiors! Also, ship interiors that match the class of ship, and more realistic proportions (The bridges are ridiculously large and panels with interactivity are way up high out of the character's reach.) I would like to be able to do things like invite people to my ship, dismiss the bridge crew, and run a voice/text simulation with friends as if we were all part of the same ship. It would be nice to be able to explore different areas of the ship that look like they belong with the chosen ship class. Where's the observation lounge? It would also be nice to be able to customize the ship interiors a bit as well.

2. Voice acting and mouths that move with dialog.

3. Animations that do not look so stiff. Characters that jump and roll out of the way of incoming weapons fire. Intelligent AI! Their rear ends should rest on the seats on the bridge, not float above them. Clipping issues, no damage taken from ramming your ship into asteroids, ability to warp through a planet, etc.

Overall I love this game, though! Thank you, Cryptic for the awesome job you have done so far.
Lt. Commander
# 2927
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM
I'll put my second to these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Shuan
Short Term
3. You shouldn't have to kill every enemy to win, even if it is a war. "Dealing" with Orion raiders doesn't necessarily have to mean exterminating them. Please add some more exploration, and enemies that hail you and beg for mercy when you have their ship about to go to warp core breach. That's Trek.

Mid Term
2. More of an episodic feel... On all of the load screens you could cut to a shot of your bridge and crewmen milling about, preparing for the mission ahead.

3. MUSIC! Alexander Courage's fanfare is all over the place, but what about some of the original themes and reprises by Dennis McCarthy and Jerry Goldsmith?

Long Term
1. More use for ship interiors! Also, ship interiors that match the class of ship, and more realistic proportions (The bridges are ridiculously large and panels with interactivity are way up high out of the character's reach.) I would like to be able to do things like invite people to my ship, dismiss the bridge crew, and run a voice/text simulation with friends as if we were all part of the same ship. It would be nice to be able to explore different areas of the ship that look like they belong with the chosen ship class. Where's the observation lounge? It would also be nice to be able to customize the ship interiors a bit as well.
Not that there's anything wrong with any of Jo-Shuan's other suggestions; I'm just enthusiastic about these.

In particular, for missions that travel back to the TOS era, it would be great to be able to use the stock music they used back then (for the appropriate situations).
Lt. Commander
# 2928
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks Bob... Yeah imagine for point #2 under Mid-Term:

You take your ship to a combat situation on the sector map. The load screen appears and you see your bridge: Your captain takes a seat in his chair and says "Red Alert! All hands to battle stations." (It could be just a text box over his head.) The lights dim and the red alert lights begin to flash. It could stay on this screen until the mission was finished loading.

The obvious development limitations with this idea would of course be the fact that it also takes time to load your bridge. But if there was a way to keep the bridge loaded or cached, it might work.

Josh
Lt. Commander
# 2929
03-16-2012, 01:37 PM
That's already a ton of suggestions but maybe mine will back up someone elses, too. ^^'

Short-term requests

-Please stop my crewmen from glitching away into the ground in the Mission to retake DS9 from the Undine and several ground patrol missions.
-A way to see in game what certain skills and consoles actually do would be much apreciated.

Mid-term requests

-Adding small Dilithium rewards for things like fleet actions, system patrols, story missions etc. to make playing them more viable for high lev players, Maybe make it an option to accept an Item like they are giving out now or a small Dilithium amount.

Long-term requests

-I would realy like an option to actually have a chance to join Section 31 or tell them to leave you alone for good.
In the story missions, Section 31 seems very interested in recruiting you and your default reaction is to be appaled by the mere Idea of what they do. But I think it would be great if at one point, your char gets a one time chance to ether join them, or get rid of their attention for good, with the first maybe excluding you from getting certain assignments and Items, but instead opening up special Section 31 missions like dirty black ops wetwork to get different sets of gear and maybe new speech options in story missions.

Edit: Oh, and I also totally support the Idea for Federation chars to allow enemys to surrender when their ships are about to explode, It'll be far closer to the Star Trek spirit.
Lt. Commander
# 2930
03-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Short: continue episodic content release (great work so far), add more STFs and improve the ground STF missions for queuing.

Mid: Rank revision (make us captains please, not admirals!), more powerful Foundry content to create our own episodes

Long: Randomized repeatable content, find meaningful things for us to do with our starship interiors (holodeck?) or allow us to create our own interiors using Foundry-style toolkits

BOTTOM LINE: I'd like to see a lot more player-created content. It's a "force multiplier" (sorry for the military term) for Cryptic, I think -- more content in the game is great for the player base, and allows Cryptic to focus on more "big picture" updates without having to worry too much about feeding us episodic content at the same time -- the Foundry is a bird feeder that keeps us fed while you go shopping for better food!