Lt. Commander
# 2931
03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Shanis - good point! It doesn't feel very Trek to have a hoard of Admirals flying around. We should be Captains.
Lt. Commander
# 2932
03-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Shuan
Shanis - good point! It doesn't feel very Trek to have a hoard of Admirals flying around. We should be Captains.
Right. Let's make the progression into:

1. Ensign
2-9. Lieutenant J.G.
10-19. Lieutenant
20-29. Lieutenant Commander
30-39. Commander
50. Captain

KDF can stop splitting Tier 5, and just go to Brigadier and Major General. There might even need to be a serious reshuffling similar to the above.

When the cap is raised t o 60, then 50-59 is still Captain, and 60 is Commodore. Since the devs are talking about allowing us to run small groups of ships at that level, it would be appropriate; after all, that's what a Commodore traditionally does (unless he's singing great R&B).
Lt. Commander
# 2933
03-17-2012, 10:29 AM
being able to change the skills of BO's from one of your own toons.

ex: my ENG Captain's science BO from jam sensors 2 to jam sensors 3 with my SCI Captain by putting
the commissioned BO into the fleet bank or mail them back and forth between toons.
Lt. Commander
# 2934 Request
03-18-2012, 02:49 PM
STO goes down more often than my sister. Quit it!
Lt. Commander
# 2935
03-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Short Term Requests
I would love to have a lot more races represented in the duty officer lists that are from the federation or allied with it, How about Bynars, Nasat, Pahkwa-thanh, Thallonians, Selkies, Bandi, Brikarians, Xenexians, Coridans, Elaysians, Ktarians, Triexians, Triexians.
Maybe even some mixed race officers (like Miral Paris or Naomi Wildman)

It would be more true to Star Trek and give a chance to expand on species introduced in novel series like New Frontier, SCE and Titan

Mid Term Requests
Also it would be great if you could play poker in your crew lounge with friends/fleet members, and let players set amounts of bets with EC, GPL or even Dilithium

Long Term Requests
I would also like to see more missions/episodes with puzzles in them, to actually make you think and work something out like a starfleet officer would actually do than just scanning an artifact
Lt. Commander
Fleet Star Base (With unlockable tiers.)
Fleet wars (Fleet V. Fleet)
Being able to fly around in a shuttle and still see your bigger starship.
Lt. Commander
# 2937 My Game Suggestions
03-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I feel I have been here long enough to make some suggestions:

Short Term: The ability to abandon or trade items in our inventory. Example: I picked up a fire extinguisher in one scenario but now I can't get rid of it. Inventory slots get valuable. I don't want to waste it on a valueless item.

Long Term: If we have a ship we love, can there be a shipyard capability to Upgrade or Refit your existing ship? (with limits of course) That way we can have increased hull strength, added weapons or console slots, or other capabilities. Needless to say this will come only with a rank promotion above the grade the ship is originally made available.
Lt. Commander
# 2938 #1,2, and 3
03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Fix The Voice Chat
Lt. Commander
# 2939 I Hate Boxes!
03-20-2012, 01:19 AM
The cardi-boxes are going away?
oh thank you jesus.

I would get boxes from extinguishing fires, shooting destructable torpedoes and mines, all kind of silliness. I could not avoid picking them up, and if I didn't they blocked my view on ground missions. SO anoying, it was more work throwing them away than managing my crafting inventory!

I may have thrown away over a thousand boxes by now.

this isn't hate for the DEV's or anything like that. one box per day might be a better idea, and no keys needed might be an even better idea. if the idea is to distribute more virtual goods randomly, you might want to;
1. MULTIPLY what is availiable through the C-store by twenty fold. all the extra ships (jem hadar, galor, unlimited holoemiter) ship costumes, bridge officers (cost based on species rarity), duty officers, devices, weapons, commodities, repair sets (ship heal), regenerator sets (crew heal), pre-order items, event items, services, Uniforms items, off duty items, formal items, more customization options, many more devices (steal stuff from champions online, like the power armor energy shield as a kit), expand with a C-store only EXPENSIVE=RARE "psionic" items, a set weapons, armor, personal shield, KiT, that unlock rapid use of psychic powers. And a "ship upgrade" module, if a player really, really loves his oberth class ship why can't the captian use new found resources to upgrade and expand the capabilities of his ship? such modules could add functionality to ship interiors. I.e. imagine this as "promoting your ship by +1 tier". how about more vanity items for ship interiors, like a "statue of ME" in the c-store.
2. Cut the prices on everything by say 80%...
3. start counting the chickens as they hatch.
Lt. Commander
# 2940 Short term
03-20-2012, 07:23 AM
I dont know about anyone else, but it seems that with all the work you put into holo-emitters having them disappear after one hours is kind of a slap in the face.... i'd like to see perma- holo emitter like the 90% of the of MMO's out there have, it's a way of giving people even MORE customization