Lt. Commander
# 3051
04-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Short term:

-Above all, first and foremost, and drop everything until it is done and done right; Fix science. Seriously, how could you have let this go on this long? Inexcusable. You only have three playable professions in this game and you've removed one from viability entirely. Fix it.

-Fix crafting. The current status of crafting in this game is a shameful, shameful stain. Seriously, breaking in game crafting so you can profit on the cstore? Are you serious? How shabby is that?

-Overhaul PvP or remove it from the game. Gozer is working on this I'm told. We'll see.

-Remove the respec token cost. This is just sickening to me. You have routinely broken the skill system so often that charging people to respec is starting to look like you're breaking the systems on purpose. Given the direction your corporate model has taken, this wouldn't shock me. Basing the game on having multiple ships, and then making all of the ships so crippled they require their own spec to pilot effectively is inexcusable. Either fix the skill system or remove the cost of respeccing.

-Fix the Dread. Not add that stupid saucer console, ****ing fix it and make it perform as advertised. Rearrange the eng and tac slots and make it a ****** warship, not a ****** exploration cruiser. I know cryptic is historically nerfhappy, but this was ridiculous.

-Remove the time gating from the shuttle event. I know you are having difficulty putting out quality content, but gating it so no one can participate in it is EXACTLY THE SAME AS IT NOT EXISTING.

-Put out a new strike force monthly and add it to the pitiful rotation. Focus on the Romulans or the Borg rebellion. If you need help I will write it for you. (both of which really, really should have been a playable faction by now)

-Fix the Crystalline Entity encounter. That is unacceptable.

-Implement branching storylines. Again, this game has almost zero replayability. There is no content. Add branching possibilities to each of the existing missions, three in each scenario. Each option will have a unique element that changes the next encounter accordingly and so on.

Mid term:

-Repair the Klingon faction. As in bring it's content up to date, provide costuming options for both PCs and ships, you know, all the things that should have been done when they were introduced. As it stands, the Klingon faction is broken and incomplete. Finish it.

-FIND A DIRECTION TO STEER THE GAME'S CANON. This is getting to be absurd. I play this game because I want to play Star Trek, NOT BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. Star Trek is historically about new life and new civilizations. There are some incredible suggestions for just that sort of thing on this board, three or four come to mind in the space of about five seconds, none of which would require much in the way of new technology or resources. Focus on exploration, meeting new cultures and creatures. Don't half *** it either.

-Expand the zone limitations. HOW CAN DEEP SPACE BE CROWDED? Expand the zones to three to four times their current size or remove the zone walls altogether.

-Create a checkbox for Random Encounters Yes/No. As you travel in space, you get the idea. Distress Calls, anomalies, etc. Use your imagination.

-Make a clear distinction for the Cstore purchased ships. If a ship has been purchased from the Cstore, don't break it to make your new bait and switch or lockbox scam shiny seem more attractive. That establishes a very, very bad precedent.

Long Term:

-Complete class system overhaul. Having only three enormously broad categories at character generation is one of the chief things that cripples replayability for this game. You have nearly sixty years of canon to work from. It's not as difficult as it sounds, and it's not like there's a dearth of material to base it on.

-Introduce both the Delta and Gamma quadrants, each in their own season. For obvious reasons, as in seven years of the IP's canon took place in each of them. Seriously. Where are they>?

-Expand the political aspects of the game. The Star Trek universe is teeming with factions, unaligned worlds, strange entities and whatnot. Where are they? The interplay in all of this is the reason there was a Federation. Seems like kind of an important aspect of the IP to just ignore it completely...

Really, this would put you in good stead for two or three years at least.
Lt. Commander
# 3052
04-28-2012, 09:11 AM
short term
more interaction in the ship interior. Following for example:
  • set a course to fly while sitting in the bridge
  • implement a hangar for shutles
  • show the ships status in the lcars visible at the bridge
  • add an stronometric lab to the ship interior (like voyager) (not only decoration: show whats going in galaxy!)

middle term
big change in the mission system:
do not set a specific time to a mission - for example the borg-invasion-mission: it is over when the borg are dead independend what time it takes to finish all quests. They usually do not leave before they are dead or evyrthing is assimilated.
do not beam directly to the surface: first enter the system, fly through a swarm of borgships to the planet - then beam down.
during an invasion theres nothing else than the invasion-mission the planet - borg don't leave things alone.

long term
bug-hunt: search, find, destroy (veni, vidi, vici )
when flying a shuttle, give the possibility to fly arround your own ship - doing so, give the possibility to find and repair damages done in battle.

one great step:
let the different fractions become a bit more real:

planets conquered by one fraction have to be took over again. let the fraction area grow and shrienk as the gameplay tells it to do. (to prevent a whole fraction from beeing killed: the waker your fraction is, the more stats you get in a battle)
show fraction-statistics.

one more big thing:

let the players decide whats going on - change the rang-system:

the higher rangs can command lower rangs: in game, this could mean: set the priority for missions for lower rangs.

star trek is also politic - which should niot be a problem in a multiplayer game:

implement elections.
Lt. Commander
# 3053
04-29-2012, 11:11 AM
what you said about the borg invasion probably cannot be implemented, because then, with only a finite amount of borg to kill, missions would be boooooooooooooring. The event is timed for a reason. However, I agree with you when it comes to a space part of the invasion. I mean, there is a cube in low orbit. Why not have a set of assignments to do in space?

The faction thing would be amazing. It would be awesome if fleets could fight wars over turf, allowing for fleets to capture sectors for a steady income, the more sectors controlled, the bigger your fleet's daily income would be. An AI style pvp would be good too, as players from fed compete against klingon players (AI support included) over systems in the neutral zones. That would make wars more realistic, and the more planets controlled by your faction (Fed or Kling) would earn your faction discounts at (regular and dil) stores.
Lt. Commander
# 3054
04-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Something I'd like to see is customizable transporter beam effects. Tie them into the accolade system. Defeat 1000 borg ships, unlock borg beaming technology. Maybe even give it a small buff against the borg assimilation party.
Lt. Commander
# 3055
04-30-2012, 03:41 PM
The 1.2 Shield Modifier that you have denied the Vo'Quv, the only original KDF Science vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 3056
05-01-2012, 04:59 AM
I'd like to see people more involved with their ship. I think the crew should get more efficient over time. Instead of just whipping the engine out and replacing it in seconds, these should take time, or it should have to go to a dock. Repairs should take longer, if you get destroyed 4/5 times, it should take a bit longer to totally fix your ship, still usable, bit degraded.

More customisation, stuff to do inside your ship.

Also, bigger space, DS9 has dozens of ships hanging around all the time now. Include Mars etc in the sol system, make it big!

More variance in the distress/encounter missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3057
05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
First off, i would like to say that STO is simply the best MMO and what i have listed are not complaints or demands but simply suggestions.

I would like to see ground weapons revamped into something more detailed and conventional looking, think mass effect.

Shrink some rifles that look too big in the hands of female avatars.

Show rifles and guns in their holstered position.

Make ground weapons use ammo so players would need to reload, i imagine it to achieve similar effect to remodulation during borg fights.

Make tradable weapon attachments, such as gun barrels, scopes, sword hilts and give them +1 etc.

Add more skin options for avatars so that not all people look alike.

New loading screen that make the transition from space to ground look less abrupt, for example a prerendered video/picture of the transporter room would probably do well in bridging the transition.

Provide voice over for our main characters, so we can hear them exclaim when they take damage, jump or hear them issue commands to BOs etc, but what i would most like to hear is, whenever i start a mission, my character would say the iconic, " captain's log, stardate..."

Finally, I would like faction war be implemented across sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 3058 Intelligent Bridge Officers
05-02-2012, 06:31 AM
I would also love to see a bit more "intelligence" from the bridge officers on away missions. Right now, only the captain can complete objectives. (In the TV shows, the captain was often discouraged from even going on away missions because he was needed on his ship, but implementing that would change a lot of game play.) I'm an engineering captain, but how come my tactical BOs can't go fulfill the optional Tactical objectives? BOs simply run around shooting stuff and telling you things. Why can't they automatically attempt to fulfill mission objectives when the coast is clear? The player (captain) could then assume the role of protecting his crew as they try to figure stuff out, just like it really happens on Trek. For instance, the second Cardassian episode with Franklin Drake where you end up on a holodeck... how come my medical/science officer couldn't administer the antidote to the messed up Starfleet officers after they were stunned?

Implementing an intelligent BO system would challenge the player to choose their away teams more carefully, making sure they had the right officers, not just to protect the captain, but also for the success of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3059
05-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantunova
Add more skin options for avatars so that not all people look alike.
I have seen so many vice admiral human men who look like they came out of a cloning factory.
Lt. Commander
# 3060 Ideas
05-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Well lets see.

Short:

Nebula model. In case you can't tell, the saucer does not reach the stardrive section. I thought the ST: Legacy was a good model.

Fix auto-fire AI: Ground melee AI is dumb. It tries to melee when I first select a target. It's broken, my captain will sit there meleeing, with the enemy 50m away, instead of going 'oh, wait, it's too far away'

No skill cap: I'm a Starfleet Admiral, why can't I max my skills out? I'm already limited in what I can do.

Medium:

Torpedoes made more damage / effect competitive with beams? I can do ~500 dps with one beam at weapon preset. Torps should do more damage than beams, right?

Universal Career Option: This kinda annoyed me. All I had was the short descriptions. I hadn't played the game a single minute and the first question was 'Stick your ST character in to one of these nice boxes that we've made' If necessary, I could see this being Foundry-only.