Lt. Commander
# 881
02-22-2010, 03:06 PM
short term: add animals and a boss to EVERY PLANET. Add a boss to every system.
Medium term: ADD ANYTHING to the exploration area maps. wtf
Long term: sell this game to BIOWARE.
Lt. Commander
# 882
02-22-2010, 03:46 PM
1. Tetryon Particles and Biological Samples. These are required for every stage of crafting just about. I'm personally tired of having 2 stacks of mineral samples and alien artifacts for every 10 of these items.

2. Holds. Both in space and in ground combat... the duration is too long. If you get frozen in space combat, you're basically dead. You can't up your shields and you cant move, meaning you just sit there and get pounded. On the ground, hold immunity doesn't work well in PVP. Nothing like dying without ever firing a shot.

3. Hire some writers. Holy Moses, how many times do I have to do a quest that is -- a) defend X; b) beam down to Y; and c) muwhahaha, Z beams out and is ready to destroy you! Bad writing. Spend a few thousand on a good writer.
Lt. Commander
# 883 PvP Expansion for Fleets
02-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I have just one idea that's been burning in my mind for the developing team, and hopefully it's already being addressed as a mid to long term goal.

I would like to see a way that fleets can use energy credits or some system to earn the ability to buy starbases, and amenities for starbases. This would allow a fleet to have a common goal, and boost the PvP side of things between fleets.

Imagine working with your fleet to obtain a Federation Starbase, which you would keep earning points to outfit with the latest and greatest starbase defenses like photon/plasma turrets, etc. You could add the roleplaying component to it, allowing for the designing of the starbase interior. Have an office for your admirals, loot storage that you can display, meeting rooms for fleet meetings, etc. Now that you have all of these things, you must defend them at all hours of the day. Your fleet would be responsible to keep an opposing player-Klingon Fleet or whatever other race from taking over your starbase in a fashion similiar to the fleet actions, but it could happen at anytime. Waging war in space to get close enough to the starbase to beam down and fight the ground battle within the starbase in PvP. Set a sequence of things that must occur in the starbase to cause it to explode and require specific classes of people to be present for it to happen. (This is somewhat a take off of a Starwars Galaxies concept developed by sony in which players accomplish a similar situation with a ground base that was vunerable to be blown up once each 24hrs, for those of you who are familiar).

I believe this idea could be expanded upon, and would create a much more real need to be in a fleet or to take care of the one you've got. Right now, a fleet is just a convenient group setting with a common bank...but think of what it could be if your group had a purpose, and actually controlled and defended WHOLE SECTORS of space. There could be a player-established "Klingon High Council" or whatever the federation equivalent is that escapes me at the moment. This would give a lot more opportunity to those who have exhausted the content of the game, and who will continue to do so...and it will also give a component to the game that is not directly effected by "how fast the game can be developed."

This is a win-win for everyone in my opinion. -----------------> More opinions welcome
Lt. Commander
# 884
02-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrass79 View Post
short term: add animals and a boss to EVERY PLANET. Add a boss to every system.
Medium term: ADD ANYTHING to the exploration area maps. wtf
Long term: sell this game to BIOWARE.
Wow, man. This game has barely been released and yet you have no confidence what so ever? People honestly have no paitence these days. I can understand why no change to a bad system after promising it for 2 years makes people angry, but just because the game's not absolutely perfect after a little over a month is a little overdemanding of Cryptic. Give 'em a chance
Lt. Commander
# 885
02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Short Term
If it were possible to add some NPCs in the tutorial or in Earth Star base which explain things such as What the difference between Energy Credits and Federation Merits are and what each are used for, I had to ask this when I started and I've seen many many other people asking this as well.

Medium/Long term

I'm not sure if this is a medium or long term request, simply because the mechanics as far as I can determine are more or less already there they just need to be used in a different way.

The shape shifting Undines provide a lot of interesting mission ideas, remembering back to the crisis with the Dominion in DS9, there was a degree of paranoia about who or what might be one.

Missions where you are required to interview a number of people, say for example at a federation conference, and determine which of them is an Undine, would be very interesting.

I noticed that most important NPCs have dialogue options that allow you to ask them about themselves and what they do. If this was applied here, you could ask each NPC about themselves but also about the other NPCs, it would be a matter of finding which one demonstrates enough incorrect knowledge about themselves, as is determined by asking everybody else about them.

You would be able to accuse any NPC of being the Undine as a dialogue option but of course if you chose the wrong one the mission is a failure.

Overall there needs to be more missions which feel like they belong in Star Trek, the routine of either:
A: Destroy all enemies
B: Scan all the objects
C: Both A and B

Gets very repetitive, I would have liked to see more missions like the early one I did where I had to talk to striking miners, find out their concerns and convince the leader there that I had heard and understood them. It isnt blazing battle, but its slightly more cognitive and feels more like Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 886
02-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
Wow, man. This game has barely been released and yet you have no confidence what so ever? People honestly have no paitence these days. I can understand why no change to a bad system after promising it for 2 years makes people angry, but just because the game's not absolutely perfect after a little over a month is a little overdemanding of Cryptic. Give 'em a chance
Agreed, Give Cryptic some time and lets support them thorough getting the game right. They certainly appear to be listening so far.
Lt. Commander
# 887
02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Improved PvP / PvE where the warring factions can take control of systems, each system buffs up the controlling faction a little in say about 3 different areas, damage, defense and timers. Further if its a PvP system battle the defending side has a slightly lower respawn timer off the reasoning the system is part of their faction and supply lines are a lot shorter.

If by chance there is uneven numbers spawn stronger defenses & npc ships to even the odds, allow fleets to take control, guard/patrol, and build defenses of a system (PvE or PvP system). Introduce fleet point system where points are added by any means be it crafting, PvE or PvP...

Further to fleet protected systems, and this can be mid to long term. As default patrols scaled according to population balance sends alerts to the guarding fleet of potential enemies in the system and how many were spotted approaching/attacking. These points can be spent placing orbital defenses, additional ships, mines, etc. Perhaps fleet banner/colorsnames can also be displayed in some way.

I know the difficulty of multiple instances this might bring but positive it can be worked out!

Oh and please, do not be like WoW and have more levels to grind with each expansion... reason I left as there is no real end game since its all moot when the next expansion comes out. One of the main reasons I didn't bother with the game any longer... an actual end game and actual content for it please!
Lt. Commander
# 888
02-22-2010, 11:04 PM
I mainly only got Short term stuff atm like adding wildlife and people to the planets you beam down to. Make the planets exploration zones bigger the small square you get to explore atm is just to small. Add in new and different quests that dont require patrolling systems. New sets of quests all together right now its the same thing just about for every level. Remove sector space and have open pvp zones.

Thats all i can think of atm.
Lt. Commander
# 889
02-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markden21
Agreed, Give Cryptic some time and lets support them thorough getting the game right. They certainly appear to be listening so far.
Yes, keep paying them for an unfinished product with broken promises.

The fact is, this game never should have been released. It's why so many people are quitting.
Lt. Commander
# 890
02-23-2010, 02:59 AM
my top 3 would have been...
-content
-content
-content