Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 05:59 AM
@ Topic: Try Cryptic Headquaters...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 06:07 AM
This happy person has been playing the game and enjoying it, rather then spend time posting on a forum. Only reason I'm posting at all now is cause I'm at work >.>;
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serlot
Or is it me? where are the happy people?
Happy people are playing, not spamming the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 24
I'm very happy with STO.
Learn to ignore the "whiners" and your game experience will get better.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuraiDM
This happy person has been playing the game and enjoying it, rather then spend time posting on a forum. Only reason I'm posting at all now is cause I'm at work >.>;
Ditto.

10chars
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Re. OP: It's an MMO forum. If you look up 'unpleasable fanbase' in the dictionary you will find a picture of MMO players.

The happy people aren't showing up on the forums because they're too busy having fun on the game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevok View Post
It is a possibility. But that's a matter of opinion, so poor/good is not a "truth."
Neither is categorizing people's comments and thoughts as negative.. That attitude, in its very nature, is negative. Also not a "truth".
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Well I'm glad to have started debate. I guess I was just getting down with all the negativity. It's good to see lots of people saying "actually I'm having fun", I feel warm and fuzzy now.

In terms of complaints being negative, you're right, no, not of themselves. But the difference is;

"It would be nice if there were more non combat orientated ground missions, perhaps with puzzles to solve, but appreciate cryptic have more important things right now, but hopefully one day".

That is a complaint, but positive.

"this game was rushed out the door, it sucks, why did cryptic not test it properly, I tell you what, If I was there <bleurgh, blah, drivel>"

THAT'S is a negative, and there is way too much of it.

Like others have said, I have turned off chat and just talk to my fleet, which is a shame as there are good guys out there. I too am an older gamer and remember ******** not being on for more than two hours at a time for the first month, SWG always being full of bugs, EVE is not the paragon that people seem to think, doesn't stop me loving any of them.

Finally though, I agree with the main sentiment of the positivists here. I too will go now and have too much darn fun to whinge about the game. As a lifer, I too probably have a zen attitude to it all.

This game has the potential to blow all of the other sci-fi mmos away, it has the IP, it has the engine and it has the will, so I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

LLAP all,

See you in space!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm still happy.
So happy.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serlot
Is it me?

Online, the chat channel is filled with "this is rubbish", "that doesn't work" "cryptic should....", "I can't believe that they....".

People also seem to enjoy flaming each other, helpful advice is often clogged up with sarcastic comments.

These forums seem the same too, take the thread "how not to waste skill points again ever" in the advice section. Some guy goes to the trouble to explain his views on how the BO points work in his experience. First two responses say "thanks". The others are either a) slating him for being WRONG! (how dare he) or slating STO for not doing it their way "why isn't there a 'kill every ship in the area' skill at level one, this game is rubbish".

MMORPG's are what you make of them. can't we all just be nice to each other and have a little patience with STO while it finds its feet? I know it costs money, but I don't know of a game worthy of the name that didn't have glitches and bugs when it first came out.....But one of the major factors for people playing an MMO is the community....

If you don't like the way it's done, why not do us a favour and vote with your feet instead of bringing the rest of us down about it all?

Or is it me? where are the happy people?
I fully agree.
There are so many unhappy people around, Im HAPPY to be with a happy fleet.
I hope that people will relax and stop creating bad karma for themselves and others on the game.

Anyway, see you all in game!