Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2010, 03:44 AM
Nop, saucer stilll old one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2010, 03:56 AM
No GM's today? C'mon guys, the game is too hot to be angry about it!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2010, 04:23 AM
*bump*

read it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2010, 06:30 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=105999

I posted a thread on a variation of this; I'm not getting charged, but I'm also not getting any changes. It says "ok" and that I've done such, but I go back out, and nothing has changed. I go back into customize... it's back to default.

WTF?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfrontier View Post
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=105999

I posted a thread on a variation of this; I'm not getting charged, but I'm also not getting any changes. It says "ok" and that I've done such, but I go back out, and nothing has changed. I go back into customize... it's back to default.

WTF?
I'd imagine, with the bug being an overcharging one as it is, that when you click 'ok' with a price you think you can afford the amount the game is trying to take from you is something you actually can't.
If you can't afford the changes the games trying to charge you for nothing happens, even though the game has stated that it's all worked.

I've been trying this for 3 days now with the same results as you, just now I managed to buy a neck change that the game said would cost me 440, but it took from me 5200.
If you really want to try it, do a minor change, something small and see how much you actually get charged... usually those afflicted by this bug get ripped off and it sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Visual UI bug.
The price is greater than what it shows. And there is no warning saying you do not have the amuunt needed resulting in nothing happening.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Same thing has just started for me, at LT1. Just now at earth space dock, i customised my ship and moved on to the exchange. Then i changed my character costume, and when i purchased it and the camera changed back to the game - i noticed i was not wearing the new costume. If i go back in to costume editor, i can see myself wearing the costume i just made - however there is a very nasty error displayed along the top of the screen saying something about "verification failed on geo - player validation failed" or something similar. I tried logging back out and back in again and same things happening.

Also, i can see myself wearing the new costume on the title/login screen!!

Then i log a ticket, and decide to wait for a GM. I beam to ship. My ship still looks like the old values before i customised it. So i go back to the station, and sure enough - its as if its not changed. I make the changed again, i click purchase and go back out. I do not get charged. I go back in to ship customisation and low and behold, no changes applied.

Something feels very broken/bugged here. I hope its a side effect of whatever your supposedly doing with the servers behind closed doors this weekend cryptic, because the customisation aspects are one of the things i enjoy most in this game.. not being able to do it is going to make me not want to play!.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenlock View Post
Same thing has just started for me, at LT1. Just now at earth space dock, i customised my ship and moved on to the exchange. Then i changed my character costume, and when i purchased it and the camera changed back to the game - i noticed i was not wearing the new costume. If i go back in to costume editor, i can see myself wearing the costume i just made - however there is a very nasty error displayed along the top of the screen saying something about "verification failed on geo - player validation failed" or something similar. I tried logging back out and back in again and same things happening.

Also, i can see myself wearing the new costume on the title/login screen!!

Then i log a ticket, and decide to wait for a GM. I beam to ship. My ship still looks like the old values before i customised it. So i go back to the station, and sure enough - its as if its not changed. I make the changed again, i click purchase and go back out. I do not get charged. I go back in to ship customisation and low and behold, no changes applied.

Something feels very broken/bugged here. I hope its a side effect of whatever your supposedly doing with the servers behind closed doors this weekend cryptic, because the customisation aspects are one of the things i enjoy most in this game.. not being able to do it is going to make me not want to play!.
Like Chat said... UI bug.
Not only does it cost more than it says but there is no warning that you do not have the required amount when clicking accept.
Which is why there is no cost or change most of the time.
And when you do have enough... you'll see like 20-30k go down the drain. >_>
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2010, 02:44 AM
Where in the hell are the admins, mods, GMs, et cetera?

Where is some official response on all the dozens of bugs being had?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Agreed I almost called it quites tonight because of this bug but now I feel I should at least get my monies worth