Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 07:55 AM
I want whiskers and a pink bowtie and an eye patch for my I.K.S. Hello Kitty hull design.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Sure, why not?

If they ever let us submit our own fleet logos...I'd say do that too.

Hello Kitty with a Bat'leth! WOOOOO
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Powerhue needs to go back in. I get sick of people whining about canon. Guess what...customizable uniforms, ships and colors are not canon either yet you do it to your starship and characters all the time. Thousands of Borg Captains are not canon, nor are the thousands of Borg BO's MOST of this game doesn't follow canon.

You whine about pink phasers well guess what, any real directed energy weapon is most likely outside the visual range of human eyes too. So no colors at all, and in a real world no sane military would use a weapon that gives a visual line of site back to the person firing. Get off the canon wagon and give us back our Power Hue. Boohooo I can't tell what he is shooting at me....guess what...it doesnt matter, whatever he is shooting at you is "Bad for YOU" mmkay?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
this was stated it it would be removed by the dev's since beta. besides it did throw off and impacted the pvp play significantly. as to it made it hard to tell what weapons were being used. so you can put the right equipment on your ship to defend against that weapon type. plus it was stated by a dev that those alternate colors for the weapons was not approved by CBS as part of the license rights. so unlike Co which is an original game. this game is based on an IP and there fore does have restrictions on what can and can not be gone as per the license. this is one thing a lot of people fail to see and what make this game and how it will be run significantly different from way Co is run,

basically cryptic can do what ever they want to CO as it is their own creation and they own all the rights. but they cant with STO with out approval for certain things and have to operate with in their license from the IP holder which is not cryptic. example weapon colors, uniforms, basic ship designs ect. all have to retain a certain design and architecture of the star trek world.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by immagikman01 View Post
Powerhue needs to go back in. I get sick of people whining about canon. Guess what...customizable uniforms, ships and colors are not canon either yet you do it to your starship and characters all the time. Thousands of Borg Captains are not canon, nor are the thousands of Borg BO's MOST of this game doesn't follow canon.
Technically, they are.

Reclaimed Borg Captains existed in Star Trek Lore.

Reclaimed Borg BO's existed in Star Trek Lore.

Multiple variations of uniforms existed in Star Trek Lore.

Maybe not in such magnitude, but they at least existed at some point in time.

Never has there been a plaid watercolored pastel pink phaser with purple dancing polkadots in Star Trek Lore.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by immagikman01 View Post

You whine about pink phasers well guess what, any real directed energy weapon is most likely outside the visual range of human eyes too. So no colors at all, and in a real world no sane military would use a weapon that gives a visual line of site back to the person firing. Get off the canon wagon and give us back our Power Hue. Boohooo I can't tell what he is shooting at me....guess what...it doesnt matter, whatever he is shooting at you is "Bad for YOU" mmkay?
It doesn't NEED to go back in. You want it back in, that isn't likely and not because of anything the players want or don't want.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 08:06 AM
no you will not have it back and never will it is not needed it is uncannan and untreke to be able to change your weapon fire
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebugbearian View Post
I am sad that the programers removed the powerhue "bug". I would really like it back. So my question is can we the players have it back?
You need to harden it up, son. Don't cry over your pink phaser.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
wow, there are so many hateful people in this community. Yeah, lets tear down everyone who liked the custom weapon colors because you do not agree with their opinion.

A client side option to turn off viewing of custom colors would have solved everyone's problem, without hindering the experience of anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Baroness

Never has there been a plaid watercolored pastel pink phaser with purple dancing polkadots in Star Trek Lore.
Sulu would have loved that tho.