Lt. Commander
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering how long the grace period was for putting in our retail code? I haven't had a chance to get to mine yet and wasn't sure when was "to" late. I'm was in the Closed Beta and Headstart and don't want to lose any characters or anything.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. I just found out that my order from Amazon won't be shipping until the 8th, with an expected delivery between the 16th and the 22nd. I'll be having words with my brother, who assured me I'd be fine going with the Super Saver shipping.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 06:37 AM
*bumping* Because this will end up on the 10th page in 5 minutes haha! Hoping to get a response
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 06:42 AM
The grace period for America is 3 days so you would have to enter your code by the 5th. The rest of the world have a 4 day grace period so they would have to enter their codes by the 9th.

However there has been mention by the devs that this maybe extended. If you find your delivery date is way past that I would recommend contacting Cryptic by PMing a mod and explaining your situation.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 06:45 AM
my amazon shipment is estimated feb 9th delivery. I hope i can play until then at least
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 06:47 AM
I contacted Billing through the Support page, telling them my expected delivery date. We'll see what they say!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I have the same problem. My BestBuy preorder isn't expect to reach me until the 8th, even though I ordered it 2 weeks ago. I will be extremely upset if I get locked out of this weekend due to BestBuy not even sending my preorder out until this morning, the 4th! It's ridiculous and upsetting, especially given I already completely paid for it.

I did send an email to billing support asking about this. I hope I hear something back from them as I couldn't get the submit a ticket to work correctly and when I called, I sat on hold for over 1/2 hour only listening to Star Trek music with nobody asnwering.

Devs, mods, if anyone is reading this, please let us know what we need to do to get an extention to when our game is expected to arrive. This is only fair, especially for those of us who paid the entirety online as a preorder and aren't going to take it back.

Thanks for any response.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologlam
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering how long the grace period was for putting in our retail code? I haven't had a chance to get to mine yet and wasn't sure when was "to" late. I'm was in the Closed Beta and Headstart and don't want to lose any characters or anything.
You won't lose anything.

In USA, the grace period runs until Feb. 5th, in Europe until Feb 8th. (as far as I know)

If you didn't enter your key by then, your account is put on hold, just as if you would cancel your subscription. You'll simply run out of playtime and won't be able to log in.

As soon as you enter the retail key though, you'll be back in the track for your 30 days, just where you left off.
Lt. Commander
I still haven't heard back from anyone in charge, but I did get an update from Amazon. My copy just shipped, via USPS from a warehouse that's about 60 miles from my house. They estimate I'll be getting it on the 9th, but I think if they delivered it by foot it would still get to me before the 9th.

So there's some hope that I'll make the deadline after all! And if I don't, I have CoH and ChO to keep me busy for a day or two. Besides, the missus will need me to get ready for our Superbowl party. Geaux Saints!, from the commanding officer of the USS Who'Dat (don't worry - my next ship will have a more traditional name!)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelusion View Post
Devs, mods, if anyone is reading this, please let us know what we need to do to get an extention to when our game is expected to arrive. This is only fair, especially for those of us who paid the entirety online as a preorder and aren't going to take it back.
How should Cryptic know, when your game arrives? They developed it, some other guys pressed it on a DVD, again some other guys shipped it to your retailers, from where yet some other guys will be shipping it to you. As I said above: Nothing will get lost, worst case scenario is, you won't be able to log in for a day or two until your copy arrives.

If you bought a digital copy, you already should have your retail key. If you don't contact the customer support of your retailer. Cryptic won't be able to help you, least of all the devs.