Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huutini View Post
How should Cryptic know, when your game arrives? They developed it, some other guys pressed it on a DVD, again some other guys shipped it to your retailers, from where yet some other guys will be shipping it to you. As I said above: Nothing will get lost, worst case scenario is, you won't be able to log in for a day or two until your copy arrives.

If you bought a digital copy, you already should have your retail key. If you don't contact the customer support of your retailer. Cryptic won't be able to help you, least of all the devs.
You make an interesting point. I called BestBuy and they said they couldn't ship anything until they recieved it on the 2nd. So that is why they are telling me they sent it out on the 3rd. Unless I was lied to by BestBuy, I would expect those at Cryptic to know when the boxes were allowed to be shipped from preorder places like BestBuy.

I'm not being rude here. I just want some type of answer, rather than to just see the game close until Monday, even though I've arelady paid my $54.17 and have to wait for the game till the expected arrival date of Monday the 8th. I don't believe it's asking too much for Cryptic to extend a grace period for 2 days so I can play over the weekend, my main gameplay hours.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Well I posted this before so will post it again just in case someone with some pull at Cryptic reads it.

The EU people have until the 8th to register there retail code...this is pure madness!
Are you forgetting that games posted on Friday the 5th and people have no chance in hell of getting there game as the 6th and 7th is the weekend.

I got an email today saying my game had been shipped,it takes anywhere between 5-7 WORKING days to get here,I would imagine there are quite a few people in the same boat,Games do not get delivered in 1 or 2 working days that Cryptic seem to think.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelusion View Post
You make an interesting point. I called BestBuy and they said they couldn't ship anything until they recieved it on the 2nd. So that is why they are telling me they sent it out on the 3rd. Unless I was lied to by BestBuy, I would expect those at Cryptic to know when the boxes were allowed to be shipped from preorder places like BestBuy.
I don't know what went wrong there. Maybe they lied, maybe they simply erred (none of which would surprise me...). but the fact, that people bought the game here in Germany over the last weekend, and some Gamestops made midnight sales, shows me: "Cryptic" (or whoever is responsible for it) already shipped out the game long before the 2nd.

Quote:
I'm not being rude here. I just want some type of answer, rather than to just see the game close until Monday, even though I've arelady paid my $54.17 and have to wait for the game till the expected arrival date of Monday the 8th. I don't believe it's asking too much for Cryptic to extend a grace period for 2 days so I can play over the weekend, my main gameplay hours.
It's a valid point and a valid request.

I remember the launch of Champions Online: The game was released on a Friday in Europe. The grace period ran until Monday, which was stupid, 'cause there were a Saturday and a Sunday between it, both days in which no postal service is very active. And especially in Germany, there's not much deliveries on Mondays anyway due to cutbacks in our postal services budget.
A lot of people pleaded for a prolonged grace period due to these circumstances, but as far as I know, didn't get any extension.

Don't know if that's any indicator, but still might be interesting...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Bump just in case a dev see's it and thinks ...

"Well Sinhealer you paid for a lifetime subscription and we are going to make sure you can play the game when you want until your retail key arrive's,we know you would not spend all that cash on a lifetime subscription if you had no intention of buying a retail box"

Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyard8 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I just found out that my order from Amazon won't be shipping until the 8th, with an expected delivery between the 16th and the 22nd. I'll be having words with my brother, who assured me I'd be fine going with the Super Saver shipping.
super saver and fast is a oxy moron. you should have realized that at the price.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 11:55 AM
This is why I don't buy software from Amazon. They sometimes take forever with your pre-order and something always goes wrong.

I ordered from gamestop and that box arrived on my doorstep on Wednesday, Feb 3rd.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Got an email off Amazon UK earlier. My STO has been despatched
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
This is why I don't buy software from Amazon. They sometimes take forever with your pre-order and something always goes wrong.

I ordered from gamestop and that box arrived on my doorstep on Wednesday, Feb 3rd.
The question posed isn't who everyone ordered thru. It's asking if the devs will extend the grace period until the preoders arrive, especially for those that paid for their preorder in full and aren't just trying to potentially milk a day or two extra for free.

My suggestion is they at least extend through this weekend. To put the deadline for USA preorders retail keys to be put in by Friday or there's no game for the entire weekend isn't right. At least extend the grace period to the 8th, in my situaion, and longer in some other situations. After all, I've already paid and I should remain to have access. It's fair and good customer service, given that I can't reach anyone, nobody from Cryptic responds to emails in a timely manner, there is no phone contact and I do not receive mail on the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 01:36 PM
i'm currently deployed to italy and i have no estimated time of delivery since it's going to my APO address. it won't be here before the 8th
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Here's what I found upon digging a litter further. They didn't even send it till this morning!?! Now it has to go standard shipping from Kentucky to Washington State.

Date & Time Activity Location
02/04/2010 01:27 AM Received from Shipper MAILEXPRESS - HEBRON, KY