Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Yet again bumping for some word...come on guys throw me a bone here...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Would like to get a firm date on this as well. I'm stationed way out here in Japan and it normally takes a week minimum to get shipments here.

My tracking number indicates that it left NJ a couple of hours ago, so I probably won't get my retail key until at least next Friday if I'm extremely lucky. I would have pre-orderd a digital version, but I still like to have something physically given to me in exchange for the money I spent. Plus the manual make for good bathroom reading while I'm deploying quantum torpedoes.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Bump from me as well.

I'd rather be told that I can't log in for the weekend than sit here trying to figure out whatever message I'm getting and keep trying to connect.

Even though I can't imagine Cryptic not extending the date for those who preordered, I have no idea how they would know which date to set. I'm asking for the weekend as my expected delivery is for the 8th. However, I know some are further than that.

Given the complete lack of response from anyone from Cryptic via phone, email and in-game ticket, I would really like to see more of a reply here.

Please, Cryptic, stand up and say what the real dates are, please.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-05-2010, 04:21 AM
As the game officially went live in the EU today, and games are only just being dispatched today... being as it's the weekend where no deliveries take place. Personally I would suggest a grace period up until next Friday (12th) for all EU subscribers who've submitted a proper pre-order key. That should be more than enough time for the vast majority of deliveries, any outside this time will just have to wait until their key arrives where they could pick up from where they left off.

Just a suggestion, seems like a sensible compromise to me..
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-05-2010, 05:07 AM
I have a feeling that the devs are giving no response to this as if they do say we have until Monday then there billing and support line will receive a preemptive strike from a large part of the player base
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
I have a feeling that the devs are giving no response to this as if they do say we have until Monday then there billing and support line will receive a preemptive strike from a large part of the player base
They certainly aren't responding...that is for sure. There's no way they could miss the emails and in-game tickets without shuffling them to the back without care or concern over this issue.

Personally, I'm sick of waiting with no resonse on this subject!

Players deserve some type of response to emails, tickets and phone calles within a reasonable time frame. I believe we've been reasonable.

I have a feeling, once they lock the game to retail codes only, they'll be making that decision for those of us that haven't received our retail order by mail yet. I'll be sending mine back for a refund if Cryptic locks me out before my fully paid preorder arrives. They really should do the right thing and not ignore us.

Once the reviews start coming out, they'll wish they would have hung onto every one of us. In the meantime, ignoring customer complaints or concerns is a quick way to destroy a game thru word of mouth alone.

Doing the right thing, I bet I can get another 4-5 friends to try the game out with a sub for at least 1 month as I know a few big trek fans that aren't too excited about what they've heard so far, in forums and such. On the other hand, I'm sure if I tell them an experience that drove me away, I'll bet that maybe 1, or none, of them give it a try and keep doing their WOW guild raids on Saturdays until SWTOR comes out.

It's your choice Cryptic:

Be silent and do the right thing or be vocal and do the right thing.

Or, be silent and do the wrong thing or be vocal and do the wrong thing.

I'll bet on the silent and hope not deadly.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-05-2010, 08:34 AM
They've already responded to this, it's the 6th of February I believe for US and 8th for EU. Go dig and you'll see it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Im running into same problem with my best buy pre-orderd backorder thats currently setting in KY mail center as well.lol getting the feeling this is how theyr goin to thin out the server for the weekend so its not so crowded due to no product keys.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
They've already responded to this, it's the 6th of February I believe for US and 8th for EU. Go dig and you'll see it.
No the dev response said "as far as he knows,but Cryptic may extend this"

Now we are asking what are the dates for cut off's.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
No the dev response said "as far as he knows,but Cryptic may extend this"

Now we are asking what are the dates for cut off's.
Anyone hear anything new or find the one post in the thousands of threads that covers their latest decision? I really don't want to be locked out of the game due to BestBuy not sending my preorder out in time.

Anyone know if the retail code has to be in for USA players to play this weekend? Please respond with some type of link to a dev or mod response, if possible. I've failed at finding anything in all the forum text.

Thank you in advance!