Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
02-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormianrootsolver View Post
Then and ONLY then Cryptic may start to try to sell people MT stuff.
Well obviously not...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
02-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavillion View Post
Yes, in the price of the cheeseburger, no as an extra microtransaction. That's what I'm talking about. Why can't we get all those options you all love in our subscriptions already?
mainly because it is a business and business is business. Seriously, I understand what you are saying but micro transactions are noting new to the mmo scene.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
02-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Yes, in the price of the cheeseburger, no as an extra microtransaction. That's what I'm talking about. Why can't we get all those options you all love in our subscriptions already?
Your missing the point. You went into a restaurant to buy a hamburger. They said the sell them but also sell a cheese burger for an extra charge; and for a slight additional charge you can also buy some fries, onion rings, and various drinks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
02-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
I vote yes.

Besides this thread is new and interesting and I'm sure Cryptic hasn't read the 100000000th similar ones.
You actually think they read it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
02-04-2010, 07:33 AM
I disagree - I don't find it expensive at all. For the amount of hrs i game paying a little extra here and there is insignificant to me but, if it helps the coffors of the dev's to produce new/ better content or expansions then i'm all for it.

Gaming compared to other activities i.e. drinking/ playing golf/ socialising etc is cheap!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
02-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Your missing the point. You went into a restaurant to buy a hamburger. They said the sell them but also sell a cheese burger for an extra charge; and for a slight additional charge you can also buy some fries, onion rings, and various drinks.
geez....now you guys are making me hungry......
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
02-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSunBird View Post
That's a logical fallacy, and also a pretty big assumption about the stupidity of gamers. I know that I would never fall for such a thing, and I doubt most other people would either.
I think not - free market capitalism and all that jazz. It is a logical extension of the "pay for service" model we are using now. Moreover it has been stated by companies like EA, Ubi and Atari that having a [gaming] market in line with other forms of media where the "pay per play" model as well as the "value added" user experience paradigm is dominate is the preferred direction of the industry. As to the the "big assumption" your preaching to the choir here. I'm not the one doing it but a certain EA president seems to believe in it as well as the Ubi one - food for thought...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
02-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Petitions and call to boycott are not allowed.

/close
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM.