Lt. Commander
LOOKING UP SYSTEMS

There needs to be a search option on the map Window, that allows you to search for systems. Example, you enter "Pico" and hit search ... and it will pop up a window that says something to the effect: Pico is in the Sirius Block, Orion Sector. <insert short background description here. Just a couple of sentences>

LOOKING UP MAJOR NPCs

Much like the "Looking up systems" ... we need the ability to search for NPCs. Enter "Sulu" and hit search ... and it pops up with a popup something like:

Name: <full NPC name>
Duty Station: <where they can be found ... clickable link the the 'Looking up systems' search"
MOS: <a job description>
Bio: <a short little blurb about the NPC>

REPEATABLE MISSIONS:

When talking to a mission provider (either in person or through the 'Contact Starfleet' window), missions should list what level they are without having to drill down ... and they should have an indication whether they are a repeatable quest, and if you've done the quest or not.

My suggest is a small green 'R' somewhere on the mission title. Green if you haven't done it, some other color if you have (don't forget color blind people).

BRIDGE OFFICER CONTROL ICONS

We need to go back to the control icons for the BO's (in ground combat) being a clearly different color when they are set, from when they aren't set. I can't tell you how many times I've set something (like go here), get involved in the fight and what's going on ... and forgetting I have set it. Or, set an officer on passive, and then forget I set it. Hell, I have my entire team on passive once (don't know how I did that) and I thought it was server lag or something.

MISSION MONITOR

You should be able to double click on any system name in the mission monitor window to set course to that system, just like if you clicked it in the system list window ... if its not highlighted to be clicked ... that would be an immediate indication that its not in the Sector Block you are currently in.

Better yet ... it should be one color if you can set course ... if its another color you can click it to get the 'Look up system' search results.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Excellent Ideas Zepath!

I would venture a couple more in the same vein:

NAVIGATION SYSTEM

Give us the option to autonav and auto-warp to any given system. I'm not talking about transwarp here, but more like a system of waypoints that the autopilot will automatically follow. We would still be open to attack by enemy signal contacts along the way. Also, (unless I've missed it somewhere) we could use an autopilot override that will stop autonav during transit.

MISSION REWARDS

I'm having a really hard time memorizing the rewards when I'm offered a mission. It would be really nice if the log showed the mission rewards after we have accepted a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 07:43 AM
I'd like to see sensors made more useful for finding stuff like key NPC's, useable items and objectives etc. Ie down on planet hit 'scan area' and you are directed to 'Klingon life signs' etc or in space you are directed to 'Gorn Energy Signatures'. I hate the way the sensors are only useful for finding anomolies. They can spot an anomoly at 30 light years but can't spot a D7 in front of your face?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Nice suggestions, I wholly agree

also

Tutorial
option to skip the tutorial if your on you 2nd or third toon, start in Spacedock with generic officers (selected from Sulu)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:55 AM
nice ideas there
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa1adin View Post
NAVIGATION SYSTEM

Give us the option to autonav and auto-warp to any given system. I'm not talking about transwarp here, but more like a system of waypoints that the autopilot will automatically follow. We would still be open to attack by enemy signal contacts along the way. Also, (unless I've missed it somewhere) we could use an autopilot override that will stop autonav during transit.

MISSION REWARDS

I'm having a really hard time memorizing the rewards when I'm offered a mission. It would be really nice if the log showed the mission rewards after we have accepted a mission.
Both of these are excellent as well ... I'd really love the "auto pilot thing across the sector blocks too, I just know too many people would QQ that, that would make it too easy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
BUYING STACKS

We need to be able to buy off he vendors in stacks too. The game is enough of a click-fest as it is (no slam intended).