Lt. Commander
i try to activate my code from my collectors edition, and it asking for a game card code or a credit card WHY!!!!

ONLY if you use credit card, do you pay later..... anyone in America knows how corrupt and hurt our economy is and that people are leading away from commercial credit cards because of the state of its business. i personally have learned how to NOT USE credit cards. the SECOND option is the game card.... first of which, no one in my area have at the moment, and you have to PAY upfront to get one so i guess that means YOU DO PAY EXTRA BEFORE you even get to play.

my apologies to anyone my English offends
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 07:31 AM
standard mmo practice. sucks but that's the way it goes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 07:34 AM
You have to have a 'subscription' to this game, which requires a CC /game card.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
i try to activate my code from my collectors edition, and it asking for a game card code or a credit card WHY!!!!
thing is it billed me NOW! Rather than billing me in 30 days time when the inbox play time ends. Added it on to the end of the inbox playtime though... still an odd practice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:42 AM
you should not have been billed for it

1) log into STO homepage
2) select Add Key from homepage
3) insert key
4)???
5) Profit
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Hey Whiner!

Go whine somewhere else sinc e that is all you ever do. Stop lying as well while you're at it. Your code works, you just have to subscribe, something you probalby already know since you've been playing this game for free over the last several months and doing nothing but whining about it.
Lt. Commander
thankx for the info.....
Lt. Commander
# 8 why r u wining
02-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9TheJudge View Post
Hey Whiner!

Go whine somewhere else sinc e that is all you ever do. Stop lying as well while you're at it. Your code works, you just have to subscribe, something you probalby already know since you've been playing this game for free over the last several months and doing nothing but whining about it.
to bad for you sir.... i say what i want, when i want, and u Can't do a thing about it but wine
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
to bad for you sir.... i say what i want, when i want, and u Can't do a thing about it but wine
I like you, your ballsy

but anyway back to your OP,
you shouldnt be billed right away, they use the code as free 30 days from activation, you will be billed once the 30 days are up, assuming you selected a recurring payment type.

I assume that when you access your account and find your wrong you will amend you 'Money grubbing, i thought so' post since you obviously got it wrong?

standard practice for every MMO is to take CC details before activating the Retail key, it prevents Spammers from 'obtaining' keys and then signing up and spamming, with having to insert a CC card the card can then be used to Blacklist transactions.
Its merely a security thing
Lt. Commander
# 10 wow thats how u post! :)
02-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
I like you, your ballsy

but anyway back to your OP,
you shouldn't be billed right away, they use the code as free 30 days from activation, you will be billed once the 30 days are up, assuming you selected a recurring payment type.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

i figured thats what it is.... to bad no one has game cards around me
i want to tell cryptic that this is a dangerous way of doing things,... asking people for more money (and thats what they see it as cause we already paid for the game and WANT to play now without further comitment) will do nothing but damage your image even more.