Lt. Commander
Ok...the following items have been a lingering issues since closed beta, and driving me crazy and giving me no small amount of grief.

1. I had my hotbar set to '3'. That is, the 'big personal tray' was turned on. Every time I log on, I have to reset it.

2. Skills errantly disappear from my hotbar, and I usually don't notice until I'm in the middle of combat, and I need them. As a result, I am left scrambling in the middle of a fight to drag and drop crucial skills I need.

3. At times, when I equip an item on my character or bridge officer, it will not equip. Alternatively, it does equip, but there's up to a 30 second lag time.

When can we get these issues fixed? I'd rather have these fixed FIRST before any additional/new content...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 07:48 AM
I have had the hotbar not staying at 2 or 3 a few times, but I havent had any skills disappear unless I accidentally dragged it off the bar. As for the 'lag' issue with equipping, I have seen that but it isnt a huge deal. I just watch out for it so I know the gear I swapped is actually where I put it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 12:07 PM
About the disapearing skills thing.

This only happens when you put points into a bridge officers ability.

What happens is that the ability he used to have is replaced with a newer/better one. The old one is gone, so that is why it is no longer on your hotbar.

It is a bug, and I am confident it is being worked on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Oddly, that didn't happen with my BO. I trained out her old ensign power (Science Team 1) with a new one (Jam Sensors), but when I checked her skill list, she had both skills under ensign (one under the other). However, I could not use her older ensign space power, since you only get one power at that particular console. That's fine, I wanted the new skill.

Two days later, the game swaps which power goes into the Science console slot, and now she can't use her new power anymore, even though I leveled that skill up to 7. >_<

I also hit P, and tried to drag the new power back into the tray, but it wasn't there at all. <_<;;
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
The bridge officer powers upgrade IS a bug. Hopefully they'll fix it. But my number one and number two ground power is gone everytime I beam down and I have to re-drag it down from powers list everytime. A bug as well. Hope they fix it. It's a real pain. Especially if you get into a fight before you notice.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordThot
The bridge officer powers upgrade IS a bug. Hopefully they'll fix it. But my number one and number two ground power is gone everytime I beam down and I have to re-drag it down from powers list everytime. A bug as well. Hope they fix it. It's a real pain. Especially if you get into a fight before you notice.
Same here. My number 2 power (Sniper Shot) disappears and every time I beam down I have to drag the command from the Power Pool. I /bugged it in game as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 06:23 AM
I found that the reason skill triggers (Attack pattern alpha, balance shields, etc.) were disappearing off my toolbar is that I was accidentally moving them while trying to adjust my camera view.

The central issue seems to be that using right-mouse to move the camera and right-mouse to move triggers is a bad idea. I don't know about the alternatives, since the middle button is rarely used or easily available (mouse wheels make lousy buttons).

It's not so much an execution flaw in the UI as it is a design flaw; it's not so much a design flaw as an expediency forced upon us by our interface devices.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonstar View Post
Same here. My number 2 power (Sniper Shot) disappears and every time I beam down I have to drag the command from the Power Pool. I /bugged it in game as well.
I have the same issue as well. I bugged it too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Same exact issue. Every single time I go to ground mode, I have to hit P because my AOE attack always gets removed, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Every single time I am in space, I have to reset to 3 rows, because it not only defaults back to the single row, but shortens the row as well, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Oh and btw.

Quote:
I found that the reason skill triggers (Attack pattern alpha, balance shields, etc.) were disappearing off my toolbar is that I was accidentally moving them while trying to adjust my camera view.

The central issue seems to be that using right-mouse to move the camera and right-mouse to move triggers is a bad idea. I don't know about the alternatives, since the middle button is rarely used or easily available (mouse wheels make lousy buttons).

It's not so much an execution flaw in the UI as it is a design flaw; it's not so much a design flaw as an expediency forced upon us by our interface devices.
First off, you are a clicker. Only clickers have problems like what you just listed. You can use your left click for the camera, so why are you even using the right click at all unless to use BOTH to move? Please tell me you aren't right clicking your targets to fire, that is just B A D.

And mouse wheel is an awesome button, you sir are talking crazy.