Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Marauder
Hi All!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am not going to make excuses on this. Basically CS is reacting to the influx of tickets as best as we can. Just like we are adding new servers to support the player base I too am adding resources to CS to respond to tickets faster than we are currently doing.

Could we improve the reponse time? Certainly. Are we going to get better at responding to tickets? It is my mission to improve this.

This is one reason why I am responding to this post very quickly to say I am working on it.

If you have lost items that you had previously such as the items you received with your retail key CS can restore these items for you.

Thanks

Phil

Director of CS
How about if the game bugs out and locked points in a skill you had no assigned points in ? ive been trying to contact gm every 24 hours for the last 72 hours.. without response.. this flaw cost me 9x400 skillpoints... as such I expect to be "reimbursed", for my wasted skillpoints.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scynix View Post
No, he forgot. He spent too much time under his bridge.
One thing that playing SWG to the NGE did for me was to forever make me a Dev skeptic, no matter who the Devs are.

Not having pre-order items in the game at launch is unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23 Manage Expectation
02-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Whats our level of expectation at this point? Are we looking at 72 hours plus before we can expect even an automnated response from Cryptic GM support?

Why do we have to come to forum, generate massive traction, before an issue gets any visibility? Shouldn't the first point of contact be in game with the GM's themselves?

My first 2 support tickets I just closed out because I'd moved past the point in game of them being relevant. This doesn't solve the issue for other players but at least it helps manage the queue which since those tickets ahs increased by more than 80k submissions.

Lastly crash dumps are insane; 2 gigs is way to large everytime you get a CTD in STO. Can't we have a mini dump and then after your review can we send the massive dump at a later date if necessary?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
One thing that playing SWG to the NGE did for me was to forever make me a Dev skeptic, no matter who the Devs are.

Not having pre-order items in the game at launch is unacceptable.
Yeah, you know what?
I played SW:G from early beta to NGE. I grinded, without macros, 28 professions to unlock Jedi.

Strange how I can remain calm yet you can't.

Cryptic is not SoE.

Is it bad? Sure. Are they trying to fix it? Yes. You fuming about it on a forum does nothing. You might as well hold your breath until they fix it, or refuse to eat your broccoli.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Mars View Post
I submitted a ticket approximatly 36 hours ago about ship equipment disappearing when I finished an away mission and beamed up to my ship. No response, and from the bug forum I see that I am not the only person who has had this problem, submitted a ticket, and received no response.

Thanks, Cryptic for the great support.
Well I won't say its typical of an MMO, I do have to say I too submitted a ticket for the exact same thing. Although mine has only been 24 hours ago. Still loving the..o wait, crash. heehee
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-06-2010, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Marauder
Hi All!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am not going to make excuses on this. Basically CS is reacting to the influx of tickets as best as we can. Just like we are adding new servers to support the player base I too am adding resources to CS to respond to tickets faster than we are currently doing.

Could we improve the reponse time? Certainly. Are we going to get better at responding to tickets? It is my mission to improve this.

This is one reason why I am responding to this post very quickly to say I am working on it.

If you have lost items that you had previously such as the items you received with your retail key CS can restore these items for you.

Thanks

Phil

Director of CS
Hi Marauder, thanks for the answer to this thread. It jump-started my memory though, so here goes: did you guys ever consider a volunteer program? Funcom has done great with them for long and they have achieved levels of CS I never saw in any other MMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
One thing that playing SWG to the NGE did for me was to forever make me a Dev skeptic, no matter who the Devs are.

Not having pre-order items in the game at launch is unacceptable.
You're assuming Cryptic is completely responsible for this. It's entirely possible Cryptic just gave item codes to Atari for Atari to group together into "deals", associate to a product key, and distribute. If Atari or whomever designed the "deals" screwed it up, only Cryptic can fix it.

That would mean Cryptic's stuck in the middle and having to clean up someone else's mess. Consider that before picking your target.

My own experience supports this. I've purchased three copies and all were fine except my copy from Best Buy, in which I got the TOS Constitution-class instead of the Red Matter Capacitor. That, to me, reeks of item code misplacement.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-06-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkaar
That's not typical of MMOs ... Blizzard had a descent support and GMs to ensure everyone will be served ... I opened several BUG reports since the opening, and NO ONE ever took a look at them ... Some are show stoppers but ... Who cares ... They had to fix the HUGE bug that /powerhue command was ...

Like I said ... I hopefully have not registered my retail key yet ...
But I'll have to find someone who don't know Cryptic to be able to sell the key ...
The month after Wrath of the Lich King came out, Blizzard's average GM response time was 48 hours to first update on the ticket, and 14 days to completion.

Happened again after Adobe had a bad zero-day bug in Flash that got thousands of accounts compromised.

If you're going to use examples to prove your point, you should avoid picking ones that completely destroy your point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-06-2010, 05:22 AM
So far this is my experience with the so called Customer Service:

a) At the time of signing up either the sign-up form did not have a separate field for forum handle or it was sufficiently obscure about it (I can't remember), but all in all, I ended up having the same forum name as my account login name.

b) I read the FAQ, it said I should submit a ticket to Billing Support/Account Management to have my forum handle changed to something different. I have also included three alternative names as the FAQ said.

The ticket was submitted on January 22. No response for 10 days. Then I submitted another ticket. It was ignored too.

c) After receiving no response of any kind for two weeks from the first ticket (aye, bug tickets were also ignored) I lost my patience and I used the web form to submit a reminder (including the ticket numbers).

I got a copy-paste response describing the issues that had been resolved up to that point, and a request to resubmit my problem in mail if it still requires GM intervention.

d) I have done as I was instructed. I even included the full text of my Jan 22 ticket.

e) AND THE RESULT: they simply sent a reply with the text of my last mail message copied and pasted into the answer but nothing has been added, not even a politely worded 'get lost'.

Both tickets were closed (bug tickets are still open), without any meaningful reply or reaction.

Honestly, guys, I appreciate your work and the amount of patches you rolled out so far, the game has really improved... but I think it's time to do something about your Customer Services too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-06-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
You're assuming Cryptic is completely responsible for this. It's entirely possible Cryptic just gave item codes to Atari for Atari to group together into "deals", associate to a product key, and distribute. If Atari or whomever designed the "deals" screwed it up, only Cryptic can fix it.

That would mean Cryptic's stuck in the middle and having to clean up someone else's mess. Consider that before picking your target.

My own experience supports this. I've purchased three copies and all were fine except my copy from Best Buy, in which I got the TOS Constitution-class instead of the Red Matter Capacitor. That, to me, reeks of item code misplacement.
Although you could be absolutely right, you're still absolutely wrong.

Yes, it could be an Atari, Del Taco, Amazon, D2D, Whatevertetailer etc caused issue. Still, to one who is a Cryptic customer it is irrelevant. It's Cryptic they have to question about it, no one else.

Now, whether they have a legitimate claim or they are fuming over nothing... that's a whole different ball game, not one I'm willing to play.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 AM.