Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Quote: The Typhoon Class is a dreadnaught that will most likely not appear as a playable ship until we increase the skill point cap to full Admiral. Even then, we haven't yet decided if this will be a player ship, but we can be convinced to make it so if there is enough support for it.

1: The Typhoon is a BATTLESHIP and will be referred to as such on this thread. The JUPITER is a DREADNAUGHT.

2: This is SUPPORT thread, and not for discussion. Use the 100's of other threads for that.

3: As said above, If there is enough support for the Typhoon and Jupiter classes, they will have a good chance to be added.

4: If you don't agree, don't post please, or at least be nice about it.

5: Go and post! For we WILL have these SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2014, 04:39 PM
I support a Typhoon class battleship and a Jupiter class Dreadnaught!

Huzzah!!! Huzzah!!!
Captain
# 3
02-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Supported. We need more trekkie looking ships, not PWI fantasy crap that look like they took the wrong turn off Arc.
Captain
# 4
02-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakaze101 View Post
1: The Typhoon is a BATTLESHIP and will be referred to as such on this thread. The JUPITER is a DREADNAUGHT.
Isn't the Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser referred to as a "Bulwark Battleship" as an NPC? That could be a trend when comparing some NPC battleships to their playable counterparts.

Edit: Also, SUPPORTED!

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2014, 05:13 PM
I dunno. But IMO it is a battleship and the Jupiter is its dreadnought counterpart

Back on topic!

Edit: I just think I broke my own rule
Captain
# 6
02-14-2014, 05:18 PM
I really don't want whatever it is that initial quote was talking about in terms of full admiral/level cap increase/new tier of ships.

BUT ... I'd be cool with both a Typhoon and Jupiter ships being added to the current system of the game.

So support. Just not supporting some weird, and probably by now due to Stahl leaving, outdated idea for future content advancement.

Yes to more ships! No to more tiers of ships.
Career Officer
# 7
02-14-2014, 05:48 PM
I've wanted the Jupiter Class since I first saw it! A Federation ship that can actually come close to the size and awe that every other faction in the game has.

Supported, though I would NOT like them to add to the level cap.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Supported!

I would pay the rest of me years salary to see a Typhoon battleship, I've been waiting patiently for ages. Cryptic, it's already designed, just put some good numbers on it, a few fancy consoles, and update the texture slightly, job done! Lots of money too be made here...
I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!
Captain
# 9
02-15-2014, 01:35 AM
I would support the Typhoon ( Providing it gets a nice going over from the Art department Just like the Scimitar did before the players go access to it )

Not so keen on the Jupiter, Its kinda one of those Frankenstein ships , but I'm not agaisnt it being avalible to players, I just wouldn't want one

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2014, 02:00 AM
IMO the typhoon looks nicer too. But they at counterparts in a way, all or none sorta. But it's perfect for a fed designed carrier... Again I digress :facepalm: