Lt. Commander
I must not be playing the same game you guys are.

All that I see here are people who expect another WoW, people who complain about no content for End Gamers 3 days after the official launch, (Hint: Go back and play all the crap you blew past at warp 9 in your mad dash to prove yourself Admiral Uberpants), and people who are generally angry, disappointed, or looking to get other people to leave with them.

Me?

I'm enjoying the HELL out of this game.

It is different - has that "not the same old MMORPG" feeling to it, has a million customization options for characters, crew, and ship, and has me wanting to play night and day - something I've lost in the last few years of gaming.

I think you guys must have DL'd a different game or something, because I'm having a blast.

-Coyote
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 08:18 AM
I like that its different also. I DO think certain missions are a bit repetitive (explore/secure/patrol) but the story line missions are fun for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Im having a blast. The game isnt perfect but its well worth $15 a month to me. I play only about 2-3 hours per evening though (Lt-8 right now!)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 08:20 AM
It's actually quite depressing knowing that most of the crew members I have grown up watching on TV are dead in this time line.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm not saying the game is perfect, but I'm enjoying it greatly, and am honestly surprised at what people complain about.

I was exploring in a zone I had no right being in, got sucked into a random encounter (that people cry about) and was immeditately set upon by what I THINK were romulan ships - I didn't stick around long enough to check.

I warped to sector, and arrived there..

...on fire and destroyed.

And I ENJOYED it.

I thought it was just GREAT.

-Coyote
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
I dont think the game is that bad. Yeah it has issues, but it's not bad. It quickly replaced SWG as my mmo of choice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Forums are seldom full of the "love the game posts" most of the time they are questions or people who dont like stuff. When stuff works you use it/play it and dont spend time reading about it. But when its not up to your standards you look for answers. Not a bad thing, but I understand your point.

I didnt much are for game in beta, but very end of beta when i wasnt warping like a rubber band, walking in space without my ship (or being hit by the shrink ray and having my ship on ground missions) etc.. and the game was more playable It grew on me. I had pre-ordered (sight unseen) and was not to happy in beta. Now after headstart I bought a year, just couldnt do the lifetime, but am happy with game. But I must admit a few weeks is really not enouhg time to judge. There is a really good post "Slow leveler" with some VERY VALID concerns.

But ya, right now Its alot of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 08:24 AM
OP : Be prepared to be flamed, called fanboi, fool, ignorant, sheep, blind.. you name it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeriel
OP : Be prepared to be flamed, called fanboi, fool, ignorant, sheep, blind.. you name it.
Ha.

I've been in every MMORPG, worked on sites, had my own column in a gaming magazine and worked for TenTonHammer for three years.

My skin is remarkably thick now.

Plus? They're all stupidheads.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
Ha.

I've been in every MMORPG, worked on sites, had my own column in a gaming magazine and worked for TenTonHammer for three years.

My skin is remarkably thick now.

Plus? They're all stupidheads.
Your post lacks a certain pragmatism I would expect from a veteran of MMORPGs. Also, this STO shares very similar traits with a couple other games I can think of off the top of my head, namely Guild Wars and Hellgate: London. They all share the beautiful graphics, heavily instanced, decent PvP. The only difference is that Hellgate: London and Guild Wars had fairly rich PvE content to offer everyone. STO is lacking a bit in that regard. I have been parked outside Gonolda system for days just queuing PvP with no end in sight. I honestly cannot figure out what to do beyond that (Klingon). Any suggestions, besides admiring the games uniqueness, pretty graphics and character customization?