Lt. Commander
# 31
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
Just because you devoured the whole plate in under a minute, doesn't mean you ENJOYED the food.

Just means that you eat fast. And probably get a stomach ache later. Then the runs. And then you're in there and you're just DYING and you're done, but there's no T.P., and you don't know what to do until your eyes flicker to that one...unfortunate...wash cloth.

Should I?

SHOULDN'T I?

You don't know.

You just stare at it. A sweat still beading your brow.
DO IT!! The washcloth should have known better than to wander into a sketchy bathroom all by itself.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
I still have my EQ characters.

That's right. First EQ.

As for this game? I know EVERYONE is sick of hearing it, and it is the troll's bane...but.

DAMN. It is STILL new. Nothing launches 100% complete. Ever.

Is it right? No.

Does it suck? You betcha.

Is it pretty much the norm? Sadly, yes.

My normal rule is to avoid BETAs and to not start an MMO for 6 months after it comes out. I broke it with STO because I had nothing to play, but daaaamn. This game is not as bad as most of the nae sayers are...nae saying. You want a crappy game? Try Vanguard on launch. Try MATRIX on launch.

Try Conan.

That's right. I said it. Conan sucked.
My worst opening day: Anarchy Online, 3-5 fps for everybody, IF you could log in.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
The big question about the washcloth isn't whether to use it. It's whether to wash it.

2463. That's not a stardate. That's how many hours I have logged onto my main character in EQ2, retired for the last year. That's on the PvP server, which they didn't introduce until a couple years after the game went live.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-04-2010, 02:53 PM
For me it is a welcome change. I have been looking for something to get me out of SWG for a while, but I refuse to go down the WoW path.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
I must not be playing the same game you guys are.

All that I see here are people who expect another WoW, people who complain about no content for End Gamers 3 days after the official launch, (Hint: Go back and play all the crap you blew past at warp 9 in your mad dash to prove yourself Admiral Uberpants), and people who are generally angry, disappointed, or looking to get other people to leave with them.

Me?

I'm enjoying the HELL out of this game.

It is different - has that "not the same old MMORPG" feeling to it, has a million customization options for characters, crew, and ship, and has me wanting to play night and day - something I've lost in the last few years of gaming.

I think you guys must have DL'd a different game or something, because I'm having a blast.

-Coyote
Its not that they are not enjoying the game. I havent heard of many that are not, its just they are concerned with lack of things to do when you finish your trip to max level. Nothing wrong with wanting to be able to do things that level. People can have complaints about a game but still love it.