Captain
# 1 Missing KDF Assets
02-15-2014, 09:56 AM
This isn?t a request for new costumes or to report bugs with KDF costumes, but rather to see if a few already existing hair, cloths, and other options could be given to the player.

This would be a good way of increasing the KDFs stuff for free (for the Devs) as the assets already exist and work with the KDF NPC's.

Part one: Nausicaan, Orion, and Gorn

1) Nausicaan Thigh Armour.
2) Nausicaan Arm Armour.
3) Nausicaan slicked back hair with a split fringe.
4) Nausicaan slicked back hair with a single fringe.
5) Gorn- Chain Bracers, Chain Loincloth and finally Chain ankle attachments.
6) Orion females- bare feet option, loinclothless bikini bottom, ankle bracelet with bare feet, that necklace, and (As shown on the trill) the Orion belt options separate to the loincloth / bikini bottoms.

Part two: Klingons

Image coming soon (TM)

Part three: Diplomacy
Unlike the Federation, upon unlocking tier 4 of the diplomacy commendation (marauding), the KDF doesn't get an option for an unlocked uniform (i.e. the Nemesis dress uniform).

As an alternative how about unlocking the KDFs race specific uniform and armour options for the tier 4 character, so a Klingon male 'Marauder' would have access to (unlocked) the Nausicaan Armour, and the Gorn and Orion leather stuff.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-15-2014, 10:05 AM
I support this. There are so many costumes and assets just rotting in a hidden Dev Tailor and only being used occasionally for npcs.
Quote:
D'kyr for Romulans! Fight for reunification, fight for a bridge to unite our peoples! Fight so that every Federation Romulan can pay 2000 Zen and earn a D'kyr Science Vessel!

D'kyr for Romulans!!
Captain
# 3
02-15-2014, 10:34 AM
I can't edit the post, so I'm going to put part two here.

1) The most obvious on to ask for here, the Long coat.
2) The throw rug (:grin as worn by the High Council.
3) This chain-link baldric.
4) This left shoulder worn baldric.
5) The decorated layered shoulder pad, this is worn by the Transporter Officer in the First City.
6) Pointlessly gender restricted parts, both the leather collar and both round shoulder pads have no reason to be female only. The Klingon loincloth option would look fine on a male (we already have the academy loincloth for males). And finally the 3 boot options that female NPC's have but female KDF players don't.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

Captain
# 4
02-15-2014, 01:43 PM
I never got why they addet so much species exclusive stuff on kdf side.
Support more story content in STO
Captain
# 5
02-19-2014, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurluas View Post
I support this. There are so many costumes and assets just rotting in a hidden Dev Tailor and only being used occasionally for npcs.
I agree, there are many that would be good for off duty cloths or additional armour pieces as well.

Shame .

Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
I never got why they added so much species exclusive stuff on kdf side.
I suppose it was to balance out the fact that the Feds have so many species. With the exception of the Bajoran earrings there are no fed species specific costume pieces, but many species.

Empire Veteran
# 6
02-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Just made a Nausicaan Engineer. Didn't even realize the racial armor options existed. They are pretty awesome, would love to see the missing arm/thigh pieces added into the mix.
Empire Veteran
# 7
02-24-2014, 05:08 PM
The idea for High Council / Dahar Master NPC costumes being available in lieu of Veteran Dress uniforms would be pretty fantastic as well.

From a lore standpoint, anyone seemingly addressing the high council often adorned some form of drapery, so it fits.
Rihannsu
# 8
02-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Well, the 7 of 9 cybernetic bits are female only..... even though a very similar piece exists that isn't....

Then there's the Benzite vapor dispenser.... Benzites only.

But yeah.... much weirdness in the KDF costumes.

I'd actually be comfortable with it if the Nausicaan face mask and Cuirass were usable by other KDF races. the mask kinda makes sense, but the cuirass is just a funny looking armor...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 9
02-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Nausicaan NPC's have ears? Really need that added, too.

Also, the new hairstyle that K'mtar has would be a nice option for Klingon and Nausicaans.

Quote:
1) The most obvious on to ask for here, the Long coat.
I reckon the Long coat would work well as a Marauding T4 reward, like how the Feds get the T4 Diplomacy outfit.

Last edited by kishodar; 02-24-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Ensign
# 10
02-25-2014, 02:54 AM
Rest of the Bortasq costume would be nice, a couple days ago decided to give a gift to my fellow fleet mates by singlehandedly filling out evrything neaded for the tailor SB project just to get extreamy dissapointed when i could not find a sash, shoulders and other feet/chest pice options for the costume