Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2014, 08:57 PM
It's not an existing KDF asset but something I think really needs to be added to the game is the distinctive House of Duras ridges.

Why, you ask?

Well, STO's own member of the House of Duras, Ja'rod, is forced to use some of the plain, default ridges, when every member of his house in canon had the same, rounded head ridges. I think Ja'rod's ridges aren't even the same between missions...

And naturally, if this were done, it could be given to players as well! We have Kahless and House of Mogh ridges, why not House of Duras?

Good for NPCs, good for players! It's a win-win!
Career Officer
# 22
02-27-2014, 09:51 PM
KDF definitelly could use more stuff... I main Fed, but it makes me kind of sad, that they are lacking on a variety... <.<

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Empire Veteran
# 23
03-03-2014, 04:13 AM
I support everything the OP has suggested, especially the completion of the Honour Guard costume pieces. Restricting any sort of uniform to NPC's makes no sense what so ever especially when the KDF side is sorely lacking with costumes.

To be honest I want to see the bugs fixed and more KDF uniform options more than another ship, season, rep grind, lock box or anything else in the game the devs think should be added. Get the game up to speed before adding more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 24
03-04-2014, 01:54 AM
I completely agree! We really need this!
Captain
# 25
03-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawke89305092 View Post
It's not an existing KDF asset but something I think really needs to be added to the game is the distinctive House of Duras ridges.
I'm not even going to touch the ridicules lack of canon: hairstyles (i.e. none), ridges (possibly 4), uniforms (not ONE single BLOODY one can be fully made), or other costumes (Kang, Kor, Koloth's DS9 robes, K'Ehleyr's clothes etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodarkrider View Post
KDF definitelly could use more stuff... I main Fed, but it makes me kind of sad, that they are lacking on a variety... <.<
I barely use my KDF character but I hate the lack of stuff they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Restricting any sort of uniform to NPC's makes no sense what so ever especially when the KDF side is sorely lacking with costumes.
This is certainly my main point, it's a very short sighted thing to do really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaster29 View Post
I completely agree! We really need this!

In other news, in the last live stream Branflakes popped up in chat for a bit and answered two of my questions regarding this thread.

Hopeful, but not very reassuring .

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
# 26
03-06-2014, 08:55 AM
/signed

I support this with everything I have. I've been waiting for the release of the currently very restricted Klingon uniforms ever since I noticed it in the first place.
Republic Veteran
# 27
03-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Also, with regard to Orion females, note the use of Mirror Universe TOS Federation costumes by Orion females in "The Night of the Comet." I would like to see those available for Orion female player characters.

Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
The saying "There are no women on the internet" is sexist nonsense. We do exist, and we also play MMOs. Do not misgender me; I am female.
Captain
# 28
03-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
Also, with regard to Orion females, note the use of Mirror Universe TOS Federation costumes by Orion females in "The Night of the Comet." I would like to see those available for Orion female player characters.
Please?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 29
03-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm back with another huge asset missing for the KDF that should have been in from day one.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3357/1...cb7d45c6_o.png

The fingerless gloves, they are available to KDF allied Romulans, but not to the KDF proper.

Next is my proposal for uniform options rather than assets.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/1...5c785d80_o.png

1) The Klingon Dahar Master long coat as a KDF alternative to the Fed Vice Admiral coat.
2) KDF Marauding uniforms (shown is a Klingon in Nausicaan armour), all other combinations should also be available.
3) My alien character in Gorn costume pieces (from the LOR tailor break down), just to show how cool it looks.
4) Veteran options, the existing ones as well as the 'Throw Rug' and robe (the off duty version).

The fed versions are added for comparison.
URL

Then there is this .

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticjoejing View Post
A little verbal (er...written) teaser - I'm sitting on more stuff than you're expecting Think you'll love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Would any of them be here ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticjoejing View Post
No, but that is a very helpful thread and we are interested in "getting our house in order" while generating new assets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Thank you. All I really needed to know was that a dev had seen it .

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Republic Veteran
# 30
03-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Please?
You must admit that our available choices for Orion females are rather limited, and mostly ... stripperific (unless we choose the mostly bulky and mostly ugly Klingon options). I'm not upset with those "stripperific" costumes, but more options would be very welcome. I have many costume slots, but most of the costumes I have for my Orion are just variations on the same theme: battle bra and loincloth, different colored battlebra and loincloth, different colored battlebra and loincloth, different colored battlebra and loincloth, ... bustier and loincloth, cut-out bustier and loincloth, ... battlebra and reinforced pants, different colored battlebra and reinforced pants, ... TOS Klingon uniform top and loincloth, ... formalwear evening gown, ... battlebra and Risa floral belt/bikini bottoms, ... Winter crop jacket and Warrior Skirt, ...

And with the color limitations, there are only so many variations I can make on the same costume, whereas my Vulcan has multiple costumes of multiple types and some which are identical except for being different colors. And my main Romulan (I have 3 Romulans) has even more than my Vulcan, although some items are unjustifiably limited in color options by virtue of having allied with the KDF.

Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
The saying "There are no women on the internet" is sexist nonsense. We do exist, and we also play MMOs. Do not misgender me; I am female.

Last edited by protogoth; 03-11-2014 at 03:26 PM.