Captain
# 11
02-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Its odd that people do such runs and then buy the fancier gear anyways. If everyone simply stopped buying the fancy stuff since it was unneeded, maybe that would get someone's attention instead of the constant power creep with each new release?
Captain
# 12
02-16-2014, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack24bau3r View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7rbYbSLXhY

since it was done in shuttles, no reason why it couldn't be done in t1 ships.

shuttle stfs can no longer be done.

its not my job to handicap myself to make the content any harder.

i carry pugs through stfs on a regular basis. im so nice ive even gave pugs the w10 nws acc.

sort of hard to NOT use t5 reps when the rep passives are passives and if you think that the t5 active abilities make a monumental difference in a stf i dont even.

i also doubt the op was in on the 63 sec run.
One of the main reasons you can't do STF in shuttles after season 7, was that all three were done in shuttles-with video taken and posted.

and it was spreading, not just the original fleet that did it, but other fleets were doing it.

This was long before Fleet Gear or Rep Grind. STF gear meant having to do all the STF's, not just Infected, to get full sets, with varying timing on when you'd be the lucky drop.

as for passives-they didn't even EXIST...and only because Cryptic was being embarassed did they lock shuttles out of it.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Empire Veteran
# 13
02-16-2014, 12:33 AM
ISE can also be soloed. Granted most likely not in a T1 ship, but in a geared up endgame ship it can be done. With optional.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 14
02-16-2014, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
ISE can also be soloed. Granted most likely not in a T1 ship, but in a geared up endgame ship it can be done. With optional.
The ones that did it in the past in tier 1 or shuttles took up to 1 hour - I wonder now with fleet gear and rep passives could a team of 5 tier 1 Connies or NX-01's do it in time to get the optional?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2014, 12:44 AM
Considering with all the power creep the level 20 ambassador can pull 10k+ dps you could probably get the optional with t1 ships lol.
Captain
# 16
02-16-2014, 02:29 AM
I know for sure I can't queue in an ESTF in my Tuffli. That is, technically, a T1 ship. And a better one than the Miranda.

So I'm not sure if a full Miranda run is even possible by now.
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force
Captain
# 17
02-16-2014, 02:46 AM
It can be done in T1 ships. Our fleet did a T1 run some time ago.
It's a bit surreal to be doing an Elite STF in an Oberth.

I wish they made a special shuttle mode for the Elite STF.
Career Officer
# 18
02-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
One of the main reasons you can't do STF in shuttles after season 7, was that all three were done in shuttles-with video taken and posted.

and it was spreading, not just the original fleet that did it, but other fleets were doing it.

This was long before Fleet Gear or Rep Grind. STF gear meant having to do all the STF's, not just Infected, to get full sets, with varying timing on when you'd be the lucky drop.

as for passives-they didn't even EXIST...and only because Cryptic was being embarassed did they lock shuttles out of it.
I suspect it wasn't just done out of embarrassment, but also because it could be used for griefing or peole might just accidentally be in a shuttle for an STF. Even if you could still complete, I don't think you manage the optionals. And not getting the optionals has led to some ragequits, I am sure.
Empire Veteran
# 19
02-16-2014, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
I know for sure I can't queue in an ESTF in my Tuffli. That is, technically, a T1 ship. And a better one than the Miranda.

So I'm not sure if a full Miranda run is even possible by now.
A video of 5 Tuffli doing ISE would be so cool - only if I had one, I could join in.
Which one will you be?

Captain
# 20
02-16-2014, 03:45 AM
I can do ISE in my TOS connie @4000 DPS with all fleet gear/etc

Thats higher than many Tier 5 pug ships you see getting opt every day.

Could five of those ships do it? Absolutely, and probably before the timer hit 5 left on the clock.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===