Career Officer
# 21 Infected face-rub
02-16-2014, 05:02 AM
If you can beat you face on the keyboard , you can do infected Space. It really is the bottom of the barrel of Borg PvEs.
Career Officer
# 22
02-16-2014, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
One of the main reasons you can't do STF in shuttles after season 7, was that all three were done in shuttles-with video taken and posted.

and it was spreading, not just the original fleet that did it, but other fleets were doing it.

This was long before Fleet Gear or Rep Grind. STF gear meant having to do all the STF's, not just Infected, to get full sets, with varying timing on when you'd be the lucky drop.

as for passives-they didn't even EXIST...and only because Cryptic was being embarassed did they lock shuttles out of it.

Ahh the Good old days.
Career Officer
# 23
02-16-2014, 06:03 AM
I have seen someone force 3k DPS out of a Tier 1 ship, which means they're officially Good Enough for all STO content now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
One of the main reasons you can't do STF in shuttles after season 7, was that all three were done in shuttles-with video taken and posted.

and it was spreading, not just the original fleet that did it, but other fleets were doing it.

This was long before Fleet Gear or Rep Grind. STF gear meant having to do all the STF's, not just Infected, to get full sets, with varying timing on when you'd be the lucky drop.

as for passives-they didn't even EXIST...and only because Cryptic was being embarassed did they lock shuttles out of it.
Same reason for the tricobalt nerf. Someone posted a video of a gateway being one-shotted through its heals. 2-3 weeks later, tricobalt damage was halved and crit variance reduced.

But recording game problems is a very consistent way of getting Cryptic to fix them.

Last edited by futurepastnow; 02-16-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Rihannsu
# 24
02-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
I suspect it wasn't just done out of embarrassment, but also because it could be used for griefing or peole might just accidentally be in a shuttle for an STF. Even if you could still complete, I don't think you manage the optionals. And not getting the optionals has led to some ragequits, I am sure.
Well they revamped the game so that you always have a shuttle and starship ready. Shuttles are for shuttle missions, ships are for... everything else. You no longer need to manually switch to a shuttle to do a shuttle mission. But that does kinda lock you out of doing regular missions in them.

Yeah, why? Player feedback.... related to the debut of Operation Gamma. People hated having to manually switch to a shuttle to do the mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.