Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
Cryptic,

I'd like to report a bug in which quest reward Bridge Officers are being randomly reassigned their stats and skills after selection.

Yesterday I completed the quest "Doomsday Device" and was super excited to have my first ever blue quality Bridge Officer. I really liked the skills and stats on the Engineering choice. But when I completed the quest and opened my Assignments tab to customize my new officer, everything was different from what I had selected.

Needless to say, my first blue bridge officer went from being a thing of excitement to a thing of disappointment, because the skill-set I ended up with was not at all what I wanted.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Known Issue. There have been numerous threads on this already.

If they don't know by now, they just don't give a damn.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Well, the best way to raise awareness is to keep posting about it.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Wrong boff skills
02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
This has happened to me about 5 times with mission reward boffs and purchased boffs. Each time i've noticed that the tier 1 skill has remained as it was listed but after commisioning the boff all other tier skills had changed into totally useless ones for my crew. Extremely annoying when its a purchased one but when you sacrifice a blue weapon or shield for a boff that turns out to be useless it damn near made me log off (near but bot quite lol)!! Hope this is addressed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 07:49 AM
I've had tier 1 change as well. I've had pretty much everything change.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
After the update two days ago I was finally able to get my first not-engineering BO as Klingon. He had Viral Matrix III!!!!

Excited about the now unbugged awesomeness I picked him, went into assignments and he had completely different, useless, skills.

After that I must have sweared so badly that this was the only non-engineering BO I ever got. the last 4 were also only engineers.

I study electrical engineering and we don't even have so many students in our faculty as I got in my assignments tab
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Having same issue
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
finished doomsday today... and chose the rare science officer... mostly because he had Scramble Sensors II in the Lt spot (meaning he got it 'one slot early') (he had no other rare skills, none at III)... but once he ended up in my assignments, he had tachyon beam II instead... and viral matrix III in the commander slot ... a skill I have little use for in a cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleriel
finished doomsday today... and chose the rare science officer... mostly because he had Scramble Sensors II in the Lt spot (meaning he got it 'one slot early') (he had no other rare skills, none at III)... but once he ended up in my assignments, he had tachyon beam II instead... and viral matrix III in the commander slot ... a skill I have little use for in a cruiser.
Just to be completely clear: you will NEVER, EVER get an high rank skill in a lower rank skill slot. NEVER. Devs have clarified that.

The order in which they are shown while acquiring new BOFFs is messy and does not represent exactly the order the skills are placed in each slot.

The only thing that higher quality BOFFs give to you is better traits and abilities which are not found in the store/trainer (or, it seems, are trainable at all, though I've yet to see one of those). So, no skill higher than rank 2 for your "off-spec" officers.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Just happend to me............Lost a level three skil for a totally different level 2