Lt. Commander
# 1 Unlocking Klingons?
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Okay, before I get jumped for this, I have read (repeatedly) that he way to unlock the Klingon Empire is to make Lt. Grade 6 or complete the "Stop the Signal" mission.

Thing is, last night I completed Stop the Signal. I finished the missions, I contacted Starfleet and got my rewards, and the mission is no longer listed in my log.

But I cannot make Klingon characters.

Did I miss something here?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I believe that completing "Stop the Signal" might be a rumour or a left-over from beta. It seems that all 3 times i did it (i had forgotten/lost my first open beta key prior to my preorder one) it was level 6 that needed to be unlocked.

What might be happening is that players are leveling to or past level 6 and happen to have completed "Stop the Signal" so some people are thinking it goes hand in hand.

To confirm, when you log in the character selection screen you should have two options beneath your character screen, one to create a federation character and another to create a klingon. Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm almost certain that in CB it did work that way but it doesn't appear to do so any more. Levle 6 apparently is the only trigger now.