Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Maybe then 1 fed might die during a ground match. Until then....

"Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held""Can't do that while held"
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Yep PvP needs more one shots....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunaxor View Post
Yep PvP needs more one shots....
and less holds. But the point to asking for the batlif buff is... feds ball even on the ground. PvP in this game is growing more pathetic by the hour. Soon it will degenerate into teams all using the same 1 ability, the same 1 counter, and every match will depend on who gets the first hold.

Oh wait... that happens now....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
and less holds. But the point to asking for the batlif buff is... feds ball even on the ground. PvP in this game is growing more pathetic by the hour. Soon it will degenerate into teams all using the same 1 ability, the same 1 counter, and every match will depend on who gets the first hold.

Must be imagining things... cause every game I play against Klingons its the same thing.... Ball up... 2 people run in spamming melee, getting the expose for their friends....

What ever will you do when they remove the ability to spam melee for expose chance.... All it takes when I play against those people is to throw up force field, we all pile in and smoke the other side, as they have no clue how to play without the spam melee attack.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Stun pistol > melee spam. It's still cheesy and needs to be addressed by the devs but melee spam as a plan of attack just isn't something that works against good teams.

It still works great in some situations, though. Sometimes you just find yourself 1 on 1 against an enemy in a corner and in that case melee spam is a great way to get a fast expose on them.

Bat'leths are situational and you have to know what the "combo moves" are. There's a great guide about it in the Starfleer Academy section. Bat'leths actually do get an exploit attack. It's not nearly as hard hitting as a sniper rifle exploit but the damage it does is decent.

But you never just run up and start meleeing some group of people.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Stun pistol > melee spam. It's still cheesy and needs to be addressed by the devs but melee spam as a plan of attack just isn't something that works against good teams.

It still works great in some situations, though. Sometimes you just find yourself 1 on 1 against an enemy in a corner and in that case melee spam is a great way to get a fast expose on them.

Bat'leths are situational and you have to know what the "combo moves" are. There's a great guide about it in the Starfleer Academy section. Bat'leths actually do get an exploit attack. It's not nearly as hard hitting as a sniper rifle exploit but the damage it does is decent.

But you never just run up and start meleeing some group of people.
Perhaps you are playing a different game? Play on the Fed side and watch as 90% of matches you find a couple people doing nothing but spam for the expose.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylenium
Perhaps you are playing a different game? Play on the Fed side and watch as 90% of matches you find a couple people doing nothing but spam for the expose.
I see them trying it, but like I said, stun pistol. Also, I'm tactical and use the kit that includes Suppressing Fire. It snares anyone I shoot. So between that and the stun gun I can backpedal away and shoot them down.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31

PvP always degenerates to Min/Maxing and holds/stuns/sleeps because it is what works against other players. I don't see how they can balance PvP for everyone to enjoy as some players will always feel that they are being abused.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Reading what you two have to say, you could almost swear pvp took some strategy or skill in this game......

almost....
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
PvP always degenerates to Min/Maxing and holds/stuns/sleeps because it is what works against other players. I don't see how they can balance PvP for everyone to enjoy as some players will always feel that they are being abused.
less 1 shot kills, less holds and stuns, more hp and shields. Make it take some skill and teamwork?

I know those are pie in the sky dreams..... but some of us have hope.