Lt. Commander
Hi, I have a bit of a problem,
I have a science officer who has two skills in the lt spot and cannot use the higher skill in lt com spot...

for example
science officer
Esign skill: tach beam I points 9
Lt skill:jam sensors II points 9
: tractor beam II points 9
Lt comskill: Charged particle busrt II points 2
Im a Commander now so I have the lt Com spot (science vessel) but cannot use the Bo skill in the higher rank.
Is there a way to delete the skill in the second tier..or switch between them, or is this a bug?
any suggestions please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 02:59 PM
anyone? or am I dreaming?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 03:15 PM
It looks to be a bugged boff. Send in a bug report.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Same problem
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
This is probably a silly question, but are you guys in your tier 3 cruisers yet? Your ship may not be able to support the higher-ranking officers. Regardless, if you haven't already taken their suggestion, you should certainly file a bug report.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I have two Science Officers with two skills in the same tier, but in this case, it's the Ensign tier. In both cases, I had Trained them in a different skill for their first skill (Ground Skill on one, Space Skill on the other), but now they both have two skills, the old and the new, in place.

For ground missions, they get access to both skills, but in space, they can only use one of their Ensign powers, since the console allows only one Ensign power per console (I'm on a Tier 2 Sci ship). The problem is, the Sci officer with the new Space Skill (which is supposed to be Jam Sensors), is only showing the old Space Skill (which was Science Team 1), and the power list, with the P key, doesn't even show Jam Sensors at all.

I have /bug'd it ingame already, but since this thread's title was appropriate, I thought I'd post it in here too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I had this bug in beta too. 2 ensign space skills (3 total ensign skills) wIth the second ensign skill taking up the Lt console spot, pushing my Lt skill to the cmdr console slot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
This is probably a silly question, but are you guys in your tier 3 cruisers yet? Your ship may not be able to support the higher-ranking officers. Regardless, if you haven't already taken their suggestion, you should certainly file a bug report.
Phoxe, the problem is that their BOff Glitched for two Space Skills at the same Rank (It seems two Lt Skills) and that is blocking access to the Lt Cmdr skill that they normally would have had access to.

I saw this happen once back during Open Beta myself, I'm still not sure what had caused the glitch but in my case I had two Lt level Ground skills so it did not interfere with my BOffs space skills at all, and they could use both on the ground without problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Same bug here.

As you can see in these 2 pictures (also attached):

http://akteonline.uni-muenster.de/marja/sto/bild1.jpg

http://akteonline.uni-muenster.de/marja/sto/bild2.jpg

my Science officer has NO LtCmdr ground ability, and the LtCmdr ability "Dampening Field I" is displayed as her Cmdr ability. Also training that ability costs me 200 boff skill points as if it really were her Cmdr ability (LtCmdr costs are 150).

After the latest patch, I can at least use the LtCmdr and Cmdr abilities again (before I could only not, in the status list both were listed as 0 instead of 1 as it is now), but still I cannot train her Cmdr, and I have to pay 50 points too much to train her LtCmdr skill.

I also cannot train another LtCmdr skill into her, nor can I train another Cmdr skill. I tried that hoping it would fix it but neither LtCmdr nor Cmdr science skill offer me her as a valid target to train them.

It IS a common bug, that got only half fixed by now. I heard a lot of ppl saying their LT-skills ended up in their Ensign slot, so they had "two" Ensign skills, which is the same bug.

What needs to be done is that all skills really only occupy the slots they are supposed to be in.

I hope this helps clarify what actually the bug is. It's not us not understanding when and where a Boff's skill can be used. The game isn't that complicated

- M
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
If I read the issues correctly, this is a similar problem that happened to a few of us in beta. Basically through some weird bug or error in training skills, a boff would acquire two traits of the same rank. Happened to me with my Lt. Engineer when I was a LC. Somehow he had engineering team and emergency power to shields, both ensign lvl skills. This bumped his Lt. level sill into uselessness.

Unfortuantely, this bug is extremely hard to reproduce so its really hard to nail down.