Lt. Commander
# 11 Overlapping powers
02-05-2010, 02:25 AM
It came to my understanding that this power situation was planed and is not a bug.
IE:
1- There are only 50 levels
2- Skill points are infinite (xp)
3- Since everybody wants the best powers for their BOs

Result: Were looking at a much longer training time for our BOs than for us

I may be wrong though

Enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativite
It came to my understanding that this power situation was planed and is not a bug.
IE:
1- There are only 50 levels
2- Skill points are infinite (xp)
3- Since everybody wants the best powers for their BOs

Result: Were looking at a much longer training time for our BOs than for us

I may be wrong though

Enjoy!
Negative....
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Its a bug - you train an officer with a new (replacement) skill, but it does not remove the skill being replaced. The only option I've found for the BO is to dismiss them, and try with a new one.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 03:36 AM
its caused by server lg, ive done it plenty of tiems but screws up your tier ability above...

it happens if you go to the skill trainer and ask him to train a skill whilst having the skills window open, you can also use it to press the down arrows and get your spend BO points back, only works when the server gets laggy though as the request update takes time to come...

hopefully more capacity will fix this...
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darg76 View Post
anyone? or am I dreaming?
I had this happen to me in Beta, I went to train a different skill than the one that I had for one of my BO's, (replacing one skill with another that I wanted)it trained fine to start but when I went to put some levels on it the old skill reappeared and depending on which skill I put points into that skill would only appear until I promoted the officer than my commander skill would not show up but the extra skill in the Lt. commander spot showed as active in the commander spot on the assignments window. I guess they have no looked into this since beta, I submitted a report on it but I got a cut and paste reply. I have not had this happen to me again, yet, however I have not experienced the lag that i was that day to duplicate the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 04:28 AM
thanks for all the replies, I have summited a bug report, so I guess I just live with it and train up a new BO
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 04:43 AM
This happened to me yesterday when I req'd a new SCI officer and had them train my Ensign SCI in an Ensign ability. I believe it was Tachyon Beam. Immediately following the training, I noticed they had two space abilities available. I'm guessing this will mess up the BO for the future or will it not matter since it's an Ensign-level ability?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 06:36 AM
i also had the problem with a tactical officer having 2 ensign skills useable at once.

this is a few days ago, i had a (german) thread about this, which recieved ZERO attention. i also bugged it ingame and all i got was a "we forwareded your reportet issue, thx".
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Probaly mess up the BO for the future, as in my case it has messed up the BO LT skills...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I had this on my science bo. He recieved the level 9 skill of my other science officer and I could not use the skill I wanted. I was able to fix this by re-training the new skill.

Tier 1 Jam sensors and MES, but only MES would work or show up on my hot bar. I went to the power shop and trained in jam Sensors again replacing MES. -poof- problem fixed AND I didn't lose the points I had put into Jam Sensors in the first place. Good Luck!