Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2010, 12:46 PM
a /nudge for more attention to this bug

- M
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes this is a known bug that also was reported in beta. This what it looks like on my side:

Double BOFF skills
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scay
Yes this is a known bug that also was reported in beta. This what it looks like on my side:

Double BOFF skills
this is exactly what mine is like, however, i'm forced to use both ensign skills

one of the the ensign skills is in my ensign station
the other ensign skill is in my lieutenant station
my lieutenant skill is in my lieutenant commander station
my lieutenant commander skills is in my commander station
my commander skill isn't displayed
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, even after today's patch, this still is bugged. I'm suspecting that even if it's fixed, it's not going to be retroactive, so that'd be 350 BO points down the drain (at my level, that hurts).

If it's lag that's causing the issue, it's not a "wait for it to catch up" sort of thing, since I've had this problem since Monday, during the Head Start. <_<;;
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Here my ticket for this bug with a reply from a GM;

Description:
I currently have a bugged bridge offcier with 2 ablities at the rank of ensign. My previous petition for it was answered and resubmitted as a bug. That all fine by me, but I was wondering if I could get the 800 officer points I spend on her back so I can buy a new one and train it, because as it stand I am unable to effectively use the bridge officer.

customer service response:
We have reviewed the game play issue you described and have confirmed that it is working correctly. To better ensure that all players have an equal and fair playing experience, we do not provide information on actual game play or hints regarding missions. Furthermore, you may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher. Thank you for playing!

Your off better dumping them and getting new ones...apparently its a #@$%$ feature...
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darg76 View Post
Hi, I have a bit of a problem,
I have a science officer who has two skills in the lt spot and cannot use the higher skill in lt com spot...

for example
science officer
Esign skill: tach beam I points 9
Lt skill:jam sensors II points 9
: tractor beam II points 9
Lt comskill: Charged particle busrt II points 2
Im a Commander now so I have the lt Com spot (science vessel) but cannot use the Bo skill in the higher rank.
Is there a way to delete the skill in the second tier..or switch between them, or is this a bug?
any suggestions please?
I'm guessing you've already thought to check this but just in case... Did you double check that you promoted your Lt. Science BO and assign that BO to the Lt. Cmdr position on your ship?

Otherwise...bug it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalacious View Post
If I read the issues correctly, this is a similar problem that happened to a few of us in beta. Basically through some weird bug or error in training skills, a boff would acquire two traits of the same rank. Happened to me with my Lt. Engineer when I was a LC. Somehow he had engineering team and emergency power to shields, both ensign lvl skills. This bumped his Lt. level sill into uselessness.

Unfortunately, this bug is extremely hard to reproduce so its really hard to nail down.
I know one case where it can be nailed down. Aceton(sp) Field. It's a engineer space ability but is listed under gound abilities in the tool tip. And if you train this to your BO, it replaces their ground trait. So my Engineer BO had Aceton rank 2 and 3 as lv4 space abilities and no ground ones.(It replaced Cover Shield 2)
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Animal
I know one case where it can be nailed down. Aceton(sp) Field. It's a engineer space ability but is listed under gound abilities in the tool tip. And if you train this to your BO, it replaces their ground trait. So my Engineer BO had Aceton rank 2 and 3 as lv4 space abilities and no ground ones.(It replaced Cover Shield 2)
That a different bug, this one happens at random where you get 2 skills in the same rank slot and in turn pushes all the other stuff above it up 1 rank. Eg. if you get the bug in the Lt. skill slot, then to be able to use the Lt.C skill you'll need a Cmd rank station and you won't be able to use the Cmd skill at all.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-06-2010, 04:14 AM
I just got a response on my ticket. It's a known bug now being worked on.

So let's not kill our Boffs just yet

I know I won't. My science Boff was created by my GF after her own image...so...
CRYPTIC! Don't make me kill my GF!

- M
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-06-2010, 06:29 AM
Hmpf, and another version of this bug I suppose (I just reported it as well).

Fact 1: My Borg Boff is a commander in rank and an engineer (as all I suppose).
Fact 2: She has "Aceton Field III" as commander space power, and I can train that ability to rank 9. However, that is a GROUND power.

She has 4 other ground abilities, that I can use normally on ground. But the 5th one I cannot and that's kinda right
The bug is she has 5 ground abilities but only 3 space.

At the Boff Trainer, if I want to train a commander space engineering ability, I cannot select her. The mouseover displays "replaces an unknown node" as text.

My borg is borked

- M