Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juni
dont think we'll see any improvement in the UI until they fill the position.
Respectfully, I disagree. Hiring more interface designers is hardly evidence that no current designer has this bug in her or her queue.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
i am also having the same problem. Please bring out a fix as this is the worst thing about the game
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2010, 02:51 AM
and another bump
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Just a bit more information, this is not limited to space combat.

I am finding that I frequently miss expose/exploit opportunities because the "g" key to switch to the exposed target doesn't activate before my command to fire does. As such, I end up firing on the current target instead of the exploited on, wasting the opportunity.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 25 ground weapon switch
02-24-2010, 11:26 AM
switching weapons is also troublesome for the same reason.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-24-2010, 12:54 PM
If you happen to have auto-fire enabled (especially if you are using the multiple-fire trick) you will increase the chances of this happening. An ability cant trigger at the same time an auto-fire cycles and this can make it more likely to not 'click' when you try it.

This is why they removed ground auto fire until they get it fixed. Hopefully they'll fix both soon.

Its also possible it is client/server latency but in those cases you usually see the torpedo fire, but it didnt really and that torpedo does no damage.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
If you happen to have auto-fire enabled (especially if you are using the multiple-fire trick) you will increase the chances of this happening. An ability cant trigger at the same time an auto-fire cycles and this can make it more likely to not 'click' when you try it.

This is why they removed ground auto fire until they get it fixed. Hopefully they'll fix both soon.

Its also possible it is client/server latency but in those cases you usually see the torpedo fire, but it didnt really and that torpedo does no damage.
For the record, I had this problem before I enabled auto-fire.

And having, ahem, additional autofires enabled doesn't seem, at least to me, to make it any worse. Of course, I'm getting used to clicking more than once and pressing more than once and checking back to see if it activated. So I'm compensating.

And the ground problems happen with NO autofire.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Now that I'm using the keyboard more since I have more skills, this is increasingly annoying.

My opening volley consists of pre-activating High Yield so that it's about to cooldown when I come into range. When I do, I hit "1" for foreward torpedoes, "4" for Tacheon, then "5" for Directed Energy modulation. What I end up hitting, however, is usually 1,4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 because the skills don't trigger. And even then, sometimes I look back and my torpedoes didn't fire - when it was the first key.

Yes, I do have autofire enabled on four beams, though only two are facing at the moment I start this sequence.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-05-2010, 02:12 AM
The latest patch has a fix for this issue:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=133293