Lt. Commander
# 41
04-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Hello? Anyone listening?

This continues to be a problem. Ground was even worse.

Help!

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-03-2012, 03:53 AM
Confirming that it's still happening. Makes cycling abilities as they come off cooldown a ***** as you have to keep more attention to your skill bar than what is actually happning in the fight.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-03-2012, 04:13 AM
Having a not that good connection made some things more interesting™.

But the abilities not activating on the first, second, third, forth attempt (mouse or keyboard, doesn't matter which) is just sad, and it used to work fine for me until recently.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-03-2012, 09:34 AM
whats getting my nerves more is not the cooldown, but the fact i have to spam my keys to actualy get the abilities to activate, i really do hope tom and the team he is with for the ui can fix the lag in the ui (and when i say spam up to 5 key presses are needed before its activated, 1 press on some does not even trigger it even if it shows it being outlined that the press is registered).
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Devs, is this even on your radar?!?

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-14-2012, 10:31 AM
----- Read no further -----

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...74#post4161374

Check my two posts in that thread and you'll have a pretty good overview of whats actually happening and why the ability system in this game pretty much sucks compared to any other decent MMO.

Do NOT expect any developer to take it serious because they know they'll have to re-write the whole system and thats not much profit now is there? Ever since PWE took over the business the main goal is to pump out more and more content, pay2win etc everything that CREATES profit, not some behind the scenes coding which could be optimized.

I've always said that Free2Play and the factors with it will be bad, very bad for the essentials of STO and especially the underlying code. Pretty much for the reason Ive stated here above.

Now I do not say the game hasnt been better then it ever was, because it is. I admire PWE's approach and it saved Cryptics Butt from bankrupt.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Zombie... (hides)
Lt. Commander
# 48 huh?
04-19-2012, 07:27 PM
That link goes to patch notes from 2010...lol.
I have had the same issue since I started playing a year ago and it's the reason why I dont use tricobalts since a misfire = 1min wait. Lately I have been experiencing an issue where the timer isnt running at all and I can immediately reuse the skill on both space and ground. Also I have had the issue of torpedos firing 2 instead of one (even on my shuttle). I uae plasma torps so that is definately not right as torp high yield creates one distructible torp and not multiple torps.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-22-2012, 11:07 AM
This has been happening since launch. I've still not fully gotten used to it, and I'll catch myself not having RSP go off when I thought I hit it, or even missing the perfect opening for a quantum salvo because I was hitting APA just a moment before. In PvP, if you're not used to it, it can be make-or-break.

Having come to this game from WoW, in which I can hit every button available and the skills would go off, I always wondered why this particular engine wouldn't do more than one skill at a time. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that doesn't appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I haven't had a problem with this in a looong time, you just need to learn to leave a small gap between using abilities (.6-.8 of a second or so) Once you get the rhythm down you almost never get false activations.