Lt. Commander
# 51
04-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerot View Post
I haven't had a problem with this in a looong time, you just need to learn to leave a small gap between using abilities (.6-.8 of a second or so) Once you get the rhythm down you almost never get false activations.
Almost is not good enough. And in PVP you have to do multiple things at a time to be a bit competitive.

I think alot of pvpers agree with me and feel the same way that their responses are faster then the system can handle. It just cannot handle it properly at all, unlike much other MMO's.

But then again this game never had much attention for Pvp and in Pve the reaction time doesnt really matter much anyway lolo
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
Almost is not good enough. And in PVP you have to do multiple things at a time to be a bit competitive.

I think alot of pvpers agree with me and feel the same way that their responses are faster then the system can handle. It just cannot handle it properly at all, unlike much other MMO's.

But then again this game never had much attention for Pvp and in Pve the reaction time doesnt really matter much anyway lolo
Yea there are tuns of times when i die in Ground pvp because My hypo would flash insted of healing me, and same in space, i trigger haz emitters, to cee nothing, just that it flashes, and then 10 so secs later POP
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-23-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerot View Post
I haven't had a problem with this in a looong time, you just need to learn to leave a small gap between using abilities (.6-.8 of a second or so) Once you get the rhythm down you almost never get false activations.
This doesn't work. It's not just when you click two powers one after another. It happens on the first click. This is very obvious when waiting for a power to come off of cooldown. The numbers count down to zero, the icon goes bright. You click it (even after waiting a second or two just to be sure) then you notice later it didn't activate.

There are MANY times I miss a high yield torpedo shot due to exactly this. Sometimes the cooldown has long expired because I've been involved in other things. I'll look down, note that I have a high yield or spread ready to go. I click it or even press the key on the keyboard and go back to waiting for shields to drop. When they do, I press the key to fire and a single, lonely torpedo heads to my target.

VERY FRUSTRATING!

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-24-2012, 03:22 PM
I honestly think the problem has something to do with the client/server "three way handshake".

A three way handshake is basically:

Client "I want to use this skill now"
Server acknowledges Client and replies "You can now use this skill"
Client acknowledges Server and allows user to activate the skill..

If this is the current system, which seems likely, it sucks hard.

I'd really like to see a queued skill system put in place to speed up this process. Something that would allow the Client to activate a skill before the Server says it is ok to use it, but not actually engage until the server tells the client it has engaged.

Such a system can be seen in other MMO's and allows the player to activate one skill and queue up a second skill immediately.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah, a queue would go a long way. If I click stuff I want it to activate, not just "swallow" my action somewhere between client - server communication.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-25-2012, 07:52 AM
lol this problem exist since release and cryptic dont cares. the click speed of all BO ability's ground or space is awful.
Lt. Commander
# 57
05-02-2012, 07:28 AM
nice to hear this is being fixed

soon i can stop clicking every button 5 times as a standard action

edit: whoa, zombie thread, resurfaced or not-really-fixed bug?
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enizer
nice to hear this is being fixed

soon i can stop clicking every button 5 times as a standard action

edit: whoa, zombie thread, resurfaced or not-really-fixed bug?
It's not exactly a zombie thread, it's been a constant source of grief from those of us who appreciate any kind of efficiency when we click. I have NO idea why it hasn't been addressed even this late into the game.

Cryptic, please look into making your game easier to play/more efficient by dealing with this issue. I'd take it as a kindness if you made it one of your priorities.

-J
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I can't believe this is being ignored. I know Season 6 is important, but why are these thread being ignored?

HELLO???

CRYPTIC?!?!?

ARE YOU THERE????

IS THIS THING ON?!?!?!?

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 60
05-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forjo View Post
HELLO???

CRYPTIC?!?!?

ARE YOU THERE????

IS THIS THING ON?!?!?!?

-Forjo
Please leave a message after the beep and we will get back to you (*cough* in your dreams). *beep*