Lt. Commander
I'm all for bringing /powerhue back, please. Customization is the one thing I actually really like about the two Cryptic games. Personally, if someone says "its un-canon-like" well, there's more things in the game that aren't even close to the 'canon'. I mean, we do get to form our own 'Fleets', even with some of the weirdest names ever. Cryptic hasn't policed those and made sure they were 'canon-like' so whats the big deal with /powerhue on your powers?

Please bring back /powerhue and more customization to the game.

/signed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 10:22 AM
It can be back, but it should be disabled in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 10:26 AM
It's a bigger deal then the USS internetz, different phasers have different colors, in pvp it would be very confusing, like the poster above me said, keep it out of pvp. I'm all for powerhue, but it really is a canon breaker, Rainbow torps and phasers are quite a stretch. (though I enjoyed my custom colors ._.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 10:28 AM
i agree and I don't think that its un-canon-like to have... I actually think this game done a 9/10 on canon content ( so far as the content actually goes) but you cant really blame them for the player customizations being non-trek.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 11:31 AM
I think that powerhue should come back but only be visible yo you and your teammates.

Nobody else needs to see your funny colors, nor do they care, but you should be able to see your preferences, and having the unique colors can help you sort out where your teammates are and what they're doing in combat.

It's a disappointment that Cryptic went with a complete removal. instead of a compromise
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Well, here's a point I'd like to make for those of you into PVP and want to see what weapons someone is using. If you get to the point where you see them fire, its too late to change out stuff like shields for something thats vs the weapons they are using, anyway, since you can't do that in combat. I mean, where does it say that all phasers are an orange color? Wouldn't that depend on something like the crystals used or maybe the type of power source for them, etc ?? Just some thoughts.

I do, however, like the idea of making a compromise in the form of: PVE = can color, PVP = color reset. Just have to reset the color you like, once you are done with pvp. But again, by the time you know what weapons someone is using, its already too late to change out your shields, etc for a vs their type of weapon damage.