Republic Veteran
# 71
02-20-2014, 03:04 AM
Division, division, and more division. Until there is nothing left.

Divide et impera.

It is good for everyone. Else.

---
Survivor of Romulus
# 72
02-20-2014, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sernonserculion View Post
Division, division, and more division. Until there is nothing left.

Divide et impera.

It is good for everyone. Else.

---
No man, do not even mention that forsaken mission. That's good for noone, that mission is the biggest disgrace of STO.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Commander
# 73
02-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
Personally, I think the ideal situation would have been to make Romulans a full faction still divided, but not between alliance with the UFP or KE, but rather, divided as we are here: some favoring imperialism (and/or fascist bully boys), and some favoring freedom. I might actually enjoy PvP in STO then.
Not only a fabulous idea but a short post... are you ill Proto? lol
Commander
# 74
02-20-2014, 01:09 PM
ST: TNG/DS9/VOY 24th Century Cultural Values

Federation - Peace & Friendship
Klingons - Honor & Glory
Ferengi - Profit & Greed
Dominion - Control & Order
Borg - Assimilation & Perfection
Romulans - Suspicious & Deceitful
Cardassians - Militaristic & Territorial

STO Cultural Values

Federation - War against the Entire Galaxy
Klingons - War against the Entire Galaxy
Ferengi - Making profit from Belligerents that's at war with the Entire Galaxy
Dominion - In Hiding
Borg - No longer Assimilating but now adopting Extermination Policies, programing, whatever...
Romulans - Peace & Friendship, now Lapdogs of both Klingons and Federation also joining their war against other Romulans, Klingons or Federation and the Entire Galaxy
Cardassians - Lapdogs of the Federation
''The KDF don't have overpowered ships, The KDF have overpowered PvP players'' Yanin Vismitananda

Return KDF vs Fed PvP Queue's Cryptic!

Last edited by oakland4life; 02-20-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Rihannsu
# 75
02-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakland4life View Post
ST: TNG/DS9/VOY 24th Century Cultural Values

Federation - Peace & Friendship
Klingons - Honor & Glory
Ferengi - Profit & Greed
Dominion - Control & Order
Borg - Assimilation & Perfection
Romulans - Suspicious & Deceitful
Cardassians - Militaristic & Territorial

STO Cultural Values

Federation - War against the Entire Galaxy
Klingons - War against the Entire Galaxy
Ferengi - Making profit from Belligerents that's at war with the Entire Galaxy
Dominion - In Hiding
Borg - No longer Assimilating but now adopting Extermination Policies, programing, whatever...
Romulans - Peace & Friendship, now Lapdogs of both Klingons and Federation also joining their war against other Romulans, Klingons or Federation and the Entire Galaxy
Cardassians - Lapdogs of the Federation
Nah, I think you're exaggerating things a bit. you make it sound like there were no wars in the TV show.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 76
02-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Nah, I think you're exaggerating things a bit. you make it sound like there were no wars in the TV show.....
Not exactly... in the TV series u don't see the Federation or Klingon Empire fighting a war with 100 other different factions at the same time while fighting the dominion, yet fighting each other while fighting the Dominion.

Klingons and the Federation are at war in this game.

Romulans killing each other so they become lapdogs to either Federation or Klingons

Here's a list of Factions they're also at war or have very hostile relations with... all of this while having their war at the same time

Voth
Elachi
Borg
Tholians
Hirogen
Breen
Species 8472 (aka Unidine in STO)
Fek'Ihri
Devidians
Iconians
Terran Empire
True Way

and more in the future... possibly Krenim, Kazons soon.
''The KDF don't have overpowered ships, The KDF have overpowered PvP players'' Yanin Vismitananda

Return KDF vs Fed PvP Queue's Cryptic!
Captain
# 77
02-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I don't think oakland4life actually said that in their post. They were pointing out cultural values, never said anything about there not being any conflicts.
Rihannsu
# 78
02-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakland4life View Post
Not exactly... in the TV series u don't see the Federation or Klingon Empire fighting a war with 100 other different factions at the same time while fighting the dominion, yet fighting each other while fighting the Dominion.

Klingons and the Federation are at war in this game.

Romulans killing each other so they become lapdogs to either Federation or Klingons

Here's a list of Factions they're also at war or have very hostile relations with... all of this while having their war at the same time

Voth
Elachi
Borg
Tholians
Hirogen
Breen
Species 8472 (aka Unidine in STO)
Fek'Ihri
Devidians
Iconians
Terran Empire
True Way

and more in the future... possibly Krenim, Kazons soon.
Key phrase: "or hostile relations"

That pretty well sums up the Federation diplomatic stance regarding the Breen throughout TNG and into DS9.

And the Tholians since.... well we don't know when. Yeah, there were mentions of Tholian diplomats, but there were also mentions of Starfleet contingency plans in case of a Tholian attack.

And on your list:
Hirogen aren't a major threat, they aren't numerous, and they don't attack often.
Breen DON'T have an ongoing war with anyone..... all of the Breen conflicts are isolated incidents not sponsored by their government.
Elachi aren't powerful enough to threaten any faction in a major way, less so after the events in the Romulan storyline where you pretty much annihilate their foothold in the Beta Quadrant.
etc...

I think only the Tholians, Undine, and Borg are really serious threats. a lot of the others fit in the category of "people we don't like and sometimes shoot at".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 79
02-20-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how Romulans are killing each other at the behest of the Feds and Klingons. The only other Romulans I've killed are Tal'Shiar and Imperialists. You mean in PvP? Aren't all those PvP missions explicitly stated to be simulations?

And no, kodachikuno, I'm not ill. This isn't the first time I've put forth that opinion, either.

Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
The saying "There are no women on the internet" is sexist nonsense. We do exist, and we also play MMOs. Do not misgender me; I am female.
Lieutenant
# 80
02-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how Romulans are killing each other at the behest of the Feds and Klingons. The only other Romulans I've killed are Tal'Shiar and Imperialists. You mean in PvP? Aren't all those PvP missions explicitly stated to be simulations?

And no, kodachikuno, I'm not ill. This isn't the first time I've put forth that opinion, either.
The PvP missions aren't simulations now but there is talk of making them that. Or at least thats how I understand it.

We would not have to change a whole lot to add an Imperial faction; just say they are another faction in the civil war who is more hardline than D'tan and move NRC to the Flotilla and make another NRC up in Alpha Centari and then have current NRC be like Romulan DS9 after some sort of peace agreement like the Feds and Klingons have in Omega Leonis and the Dyson Sphere. The only difference would be that the Imperial arrival would be a different cut scene. It would even explain Rom rep for the canon.

We could have them still fight Hakeev and pals and still do some FEs to keep it from being too much stuff to do and ally with Feds and Klingons as a sub alliance to expedite transition to the new system. It would work less like joining them and more like a real alliance we just get to do the FEs as if we are actually ourselves and get some more exclusivity for the different factions.