Commander
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 339
# 11
02-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyj0yj0y View Post
Which is dumb as dirt.
Except each 'weekend' is 5 days, so we in fact get more days by having it every fortnight, as opposed to a proper weekend, every weekend.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 160
# 12
02-17-2014, 03:23 PM
This whole weekend thing is crap. So if I want to take advantage of the weekend boost I have to spend 5 days in mind numbing grind to stock up enough Marks, Dilithium, and other stuff to last me 2 or more months until the event rolls around again.

That is just plain stupid. They really must be in trouble if they need players to log in on the weekends.
Commander
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 339
# 13
02-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrq2 View Post
This whole weekend thing is crap. So if I want to take advantage of the weekend boost I have to spend 5 days in mind numbing grind to stock up enough Marks, Dilithium, and other stuff to last me 2 or more months until the event rolls around again.
Or you could play as normal, and treat the bonus weekend as a bonus?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,988
# 14
02-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
Will be farming NWS and store Fm for the next holding. All the other marks I would only convert to dil. 50% of 100% I'll be happier than without the boost.
Gawd, I hope they don't give the bonus to NWS, then everyone will be playing NWS and nobody will be doing the normal events.



And with the NWS exploiting, the average NWSer by the end of the event will literally have Fleet Marks probablly in the 6-digits.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 60
# 15
02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
The switch from hourly events to bi-weekly events was one of the single worst decisions I've seen made here to date.
44th Fleet
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 24
# 16
02-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinferno2010 View Post
The switch from hourly events to bi-weekly events was one of the single worst decisions I've seen made here to date.
I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand the events do last longer now and during the weekend, so we have more time to take advantage of them. On the other, because it's bi-weekly it could take a couple months just to see a bonus event cycle back around. While the hourly events were great for some people, Cryptic's stats apparently showed that only a minority of players were taking advantage of them. Because of that, we get bi-weekly events with extreme gaps between seeing the same bonus event again.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 296
# 17
02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Multiphasic Search (or whatever it was called), Crafting, Officer Reports (once they took the FM's from it), and one other were essentially useless and I barely did any of them.

Mirror Incursion, Bonus Marks, and Mining I did when work allowed me to do it. Usually built up a nice reserve that disappeared over a couple of days.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 60
# 18
02-17-2014, 07:44 PM
I would be happier with every weekend.

I don't play daily anymore, because getting fleetmates to do a group event is difficult when there are no bonuses to be had. I expect on bonus marks that I will run STF's until my eyes bleed Borg green.

Double dilithium was okay because we still did the STF's just for the 1440 dilithium a run. And having some Mining Claims that gave up 10k each was useful.

But for the nearly two weeks between events everyone seems quiet and unmotivated. I haven't logged in since three or four days after the dilithium event.

It is not fun.
44th Fleet
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 160
# 19
02-17-2014, 07:44 PM
I use to go out of my way to run these missions during Bonus Hour because it was the extra bonus that made the grind a bit easier to swallow.

As most of us know running the same mission over a hundred times can get really old really fast, so when I run a mission I want to feel that I got my moneys worth?s and slowly but surely my Marks or whatever I?m grinding for is getting added to my daily total.

So to think if I only run the grind twice a day for only five days and now I will have to wait for 2 or more months to do it again is just plain stupid.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 24
# 20
02-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinferno2010 View Post
I would be happier with every weekend.

I don't play daily anymore, because getting fleetmates to do a group event is difficult when there are no bonuses to be had. I expect on bonus marks that I will run STF's until my eyes bleed Borg green.

Double dilithium was okay because we still did the STF's just for the 1440 dilithium a run. And having some Mining Claims that gave up 10k each was useful.

But for the nearly two weeks between events everyone seems quiet and unmotivated. I haven't logged in since three or four days after the dilithium event.

It is not fun.
I know what you mean. I'm on daily but running the same things repeatedly tends to get dull when you're doing it alone, especially when it comes to filling up the fleet projects. There have been times when I've been tempted to just find a new fleet, but I've already invested too much into this one to just leave it behind.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 AM.