Lt. Commander
# 41
02-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
For half as long... its all about what YOU prefer... fighting longer or fighting harder for shorter periods..
Depends on situation of course, but its not only about personal dmg, but debuffs also. Fire on my mark, practicaly negates one rezistance bonus (30%) from enemy, for your whole team.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
You know you miss like half the dmg aye ? Those top tier tact captains do give a nice punch...
I've never had a problem being on the top of the damage boards. I may not do as much burst damage, but I can usually last longer under focus fire and don't die as much. In certain situations where we're turning the fight in our favor at the beginning, taking out the first person, even if I was focus fired I could usually last into the second assault if needed. Also EPS transfer is awesome for managing power levels when you need to go from attack to speed mode, or if you need to boost your shields.

I'm not saying you need to be an engineer, but for my style of gameplay it seemed to work really well.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Quote:
You know you miss like half the dmg aye ? Those top tier tact captains do give a nice punch...
They do give a nice punch and thats one of the reasons our premade has ONE of them in our team.

one tac
2 eng
2 sci

thats our premade
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-05-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
I've never had a problem being on the top of the damage boards. I may not do as much burst damage, but I can usually last longer under focus fire and don't die as much. In certain situations where we're turning the fight in our favor at the beginning, taking out the first person, even if I was focus fired I could usually last into the second assault if needed. Also EPS transfer is awesome for managing power levels when you need to go from attack to speed mode, or if you need to boost your shields.

I'm not saying you need to be an engineer, but for my style of gameplay it seemed to work really well.
Yes EPS transfer is the only thing i miss from my engineer from OP, but other than that, i feel that tac has alot of options.
I could really use that ! But as i dont spec for glass cannon (i have eng team II, science team II) the lack of rotation doesnt bother me at all, i prefer running, instead tanking dmg.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-05-2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Yes EPS transfer is the only thing i miss from my engineer from OP, but other than that, i feel that tac has alot of options.
I could really use that ! But as i dont spec for glass cannon (i have eng team II, science team II) the lack of rotation doesnt bother me at all, i prefer running, instead tanking dmg.
against a good premade, you wont escape.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
against a good premade, you wont escape.
Why not ? Everything has counters. Its very easy to fly away actualy.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Why not ? Everything has counters. Its very easy to fly away actualy.
Lets say you are 5km from Klingons, when they see you turn away, they pretty much accelerate to keep the optimal range, when they see you go evasive, they pop engine battery+evasive and thus keep the same 5km all the time even when both are moving fast.

the only difference is that Fed team will have 4 players out of combat, and 5 klingons vs 1 fed over 10km range.

( this is vs a good premade vs runners ).
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
Lets say you are 5km from Klingons, when they see you turn away, they pretty much accelerate to keep the optimal range, when they see you go evasive, they pop engine battery+evasive and thus keep the same 5km all the time even when both are moving fast.

the only difference is that Fed team will have 4 players out of combat, and 5 klingons vs 1 fed over 10km range.

( this is vs a good premade vs runners ).
engine battery + evasive meaneuvers is 3-4x slower than emergency power to engines I + evasive maneuvers. (no kidding).

Good luck catching it :-)
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-05-2010, 03:19 AM
If you are really in a hurry try emergencypower to engines + evasinemaneuvers + energy batterie + ramming speed. After that you will be across the whole map. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagon01 View Post
If you are really in a hurry try emergencypower to engines + evasinemaneuvers + energy batterie + ramming speed. After that you will be across the whole map. ^^
The Picard maneuver.