Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 11:30 AM
The guy is allowed his opinion like anybody else, however this feature was not intended to be in the game. Not everybody will be happy with the patch notes, however flaming them for it is over the top...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
okay if different colors of phaserbeams are NOT Star trek like, please remove/change the following too:
1.Rank system (it should end with captain, Admiral is an Admirals post, admirals are not in direct command of a vessel, they command squadrons, fleets, etc.
2. remove BUFF skill system, I've never seen a single scene in Star trek, where a single ship could MAGICALY reduce the damage taken of allied ships in space.
3. If using Engineer, Science or tactical Team, the shields of the respective ships MUST be down for this, we still can't beam trhu shields
4. If you fire at a battle-cloak capable ship, your TORPEDOES should lose the ship if it cloaks because the torpedoes would lose the signal
5. Change all NPC Tiers to the kind of ships they are flying (i.E: Birds of preys with level of 30 is realistic, BUT Vor'cha Class Battlecruisers should ALLWAYS be at a very high level, the same with romulan warbirds, etc.etc.)
6. remove the option to name our ships like we want, remove NX-Prefix.(have you ever seen the USS Duff Beer NX-66666 in TV shows? me not)

I hope you understand my sarcasm, this is a game, where nearly everything is about customization and individualism.

I've seen all star trek tv shows, in these shows, I've seen red phasers(kind of dark orange maybe) fired from federation starships, red torpedoes launched from USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D before its refit to newer weapon systems.

in Deep Space 9 we see red torps too.

after refit to newer weapons the colors of torpedoes and phasers were orange.

Thanks for your patience, hope you don't see my posting offensive, I only want to tell that we should be capable of give our weapons other colors, BUT I fully agree, that the colors should be VERY limited, for the federation phasers, it should not be possible to have green phasers etc.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulayne View Post
The guy is allowed his opinion like anybody else, however this feature was not intended to be in the game. Not everybody will be happy with the patch notes, however flaming them for it is over the top...
thank you for that.. it's good to know that not everyone here is so close minded that they feel the compelling need to flame everyone whos opinion differs from theirs...

as for the troll....

Speak to me about my level of maturity inferring that I must be some 12 y/o little whiner? Flaming others for their opinions speaks volumes about your own..
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage-DoV View Post
while scanning the latest patch notes I came across this

"The Ability to powerhue shift your weapon colors has been removed"

All I have to ask is WHY, What Harm did it cause??

And WHO LET THE SOUP NAZI into the programming dept?

No, They Can't have that... it allows them to much individuality, and too much personalization..

Utter Crap if you ask me.
IT IS A STUPID FEATURE

This is not Champions Online. Quit your crying. This is Star Trek. Just like we dont need furries and people with bunny ears and tails, we dont need multiple colored weapon HUES
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Please use your precious energy to complain about something relevant to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenath View Post
Not anotheer thread on this.

Power-hue weapons are for 12 year olds, stop crying and enjoy your orange phasers.
...and for 37 year old colourblind people. Orange, yelllow, green, brown... all look the same to me. At least when mine were purple (or what my friends told me was purple), I knew where and when I was shooting.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_gamer View Post
IT IS A STUPID FEATURE

This is not Champions Online. Quit your crying. This is Star Trek. Just like we dont need furries and people with bunny ears and tails, we dont need multiple colored weapon HUES
LOL... your funny.. I'm not crying here... just voicing my opinion, and for the record... I had my weapons set to blue, I prefer that over the standard run of the mill orange..
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
kthxbye.

I'm going to blow something up with my ORANGE COLOURED PHASERS.

Frakin' pwnt.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_gamer View Post
IT IS A STUPID FEATURE

Yea it's not Champion Online ... But people here asking for removal of that simple thing got uniforms with as much colors as the rainbow, REAL tiny body with HUGE heads and so on ... Now THAT's irritating ... Frankly the phasers color was cool. You don't like it ? Fine ... Go play EVE ... You'll get Death penalty as well ... Mo..ns ....
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
gone for good