Lt. Commander
# 41
02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage-DoV View Post
go back under your bridge troll...

It's an honest question.. if you don't like it or agree with me... Tuff
It's an honest question of which there are multiple threads in multiple forums which you could have just added to instead of creating a new post.

It was a bug; they never intended for us to be able to change the colors of our weapons. Yeah, I agree. It sucks. I really liked my cobalt blue phasers. They looked cool and soothing as they ripped into BOPs. But, sadly, when a game company realizes people can do something they never intended because of a leak over from another game (remember that it's CO where you get to change beam colors, same engine and all that) then they close the door on the leak.

Frankly, as much as I liked power hue, it really isn't that big of a deal. Which tells you how well the game is doing when people are reduced to arguing about THIS type of issue.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Im VERY happy they removed it !

The color of the weapns are there for a REASON - it shows what kind of weapons you are using, and I can't remeber any star trek episode ever, where they "changed" theire color's on their weapons ..

Now - IF the powerhue only changed color for your own client, ie. only you could see the colors that were changed. A little eyecandy for your self, the powerhue wouldent be a problem. But since it change it for everyone, it was a stupid thing. Atleast - Thats my 50 cent.

Besides, when players were running around with Pink phasers .. Thats was just to stupid, and were a complete and utter silly thing in this Star Trek game.

No offence inteded, just a personal view on things.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage-DoV View Post

And WHO LET THE SOUP NAZI into the programming dept?
i like not having it in, there is plenty of individuality with some of the ship names.

i cite chistopher walken in the uss cowbell. best ship and toon name combination to date.

but you do get a +1

NO SOUP FOR YOU 1 YEAR!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-04-2010, 10:07 PM
People are reacting to this like they removed the ability to level past 23 or something. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.