Career Officer
# 1 Rep Grind Over!
02-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Yes, that's right, earlier tonight, I have...

...run out of Expertise!

So on the basis of that, and the fact that Cryptic took away the only decent source of Expertise (Mirror Universe Event) before introducing it's replacement (not to mention that discussions on Twitter seem to suggest that the reward for the revamped MU had not been settled on, meaning Bonus Expertise might not be on the cards), what would you say is the most time efficient way to earn Expertise to keep the ol' Rep Grind going?

As far as I can tell, you get a big chunk from missions BUT it's severely nerfed if you've already done the mission. Plus missions are sometimes fairly time-consuming. So for efficiency's sake, that's out. PvE missions award Expertise on a per kill basis, but that's like trying to fill a swimming pool by urinating in it. A leaky swimming pool at that. So i'm at a loss - I don't mind grinding for Marks and the like but Expertise, really? It's used for one other thing besides the rep and the Reps require ABSURD amounts, so why make it stupidly hard to acquire.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Rihannsu
# 2
02-17-2014, 03:30 PM
I get thousands every day for doffing. most of my characters have millions....

*doesn't see issue*
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3
02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
You can earn expertise at about 50% the rate of MU with NWS, if your good at it. Its probably the best way to grind expertise at the moment, and you get FMs as well.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)
Career Officer
# 4
02-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I get thousands every day for doffing. most of my characters have millions....

*doesn't see issue*
I tend not to Doff unless i'm Doffing for something specific - the Diplomacy/Marauding stuff, Boffs, Contraband, Epohhs etc. Perhaps that's my issue. Then again, if I Doff i'll do it once a day and then not check back until the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
You can earn expertise at about 50% the rate of MU with NWS, if your good at it. Its probably the best way to grind expertise at the moment, and you get FMs as well.
Leaving out that I suck at NWS, i'm mainly running the Rep Grind on Toons that don't have great ships and/or gear. So I might give it a shot but I suspect it's not going to get me as much as I need
We simply... are.

Career Officer
# 5
02-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Doffing is definitely a good choice. I bought most of my Doffs for the purpose of doing the missions in the Dyson area. They work great I have yet to have a failure on even 1 of them. They give great rewards and I can skip the space portion on my science vessel (until they fix the rest of the science skills). For now I'll fly around stealthed picking up the Doff missions and letting them run, and doing ground missions for Dyson. I'm also doing the daily run of 1 foundry and 4-5 Fleet Mark instances to add to my fleet. I get plenty from what I'm doing.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Captain
# 6
02-17-2014, 03:41 PM
I have done up to Tier 2 on my Nukura, the full Romulan, and on Tier 3 on Dyston on my main (Fed Engineer). I have yet to run out of expertise points.
Career Officer
# 7
02-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
Yes, that's right, earlier tonight, I have...
...finished Dyson. Tonight.

No, seriously, I'm finally DONE grinding.

Until next season
>{Andoria}<->{Vulcan}<->{Risa}<->{Defera}<->{Starfleet Academy}<->{Holodecks/Holosuites}<->{Star Clusters}<->{Exploration, Part I} NEW!
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
02-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Dude, I feel you!

I have finished all but 1 reputation system, and I'm out of Expertise too.

I have always had so much it over the past 4 years that it has never been an issue until now.

So I'm like...uh...ok.

Time to go back out in the galaxy and grind more to get expertise now?? lol

-Klintobean

Check Out My Other Foundry Missions Below:
View The Zypex Revelation Mission Trailer
View The Zypex Intrusion Mission Trailer
View TECHNOBABBLE Mission Trailer
Career Officer
# 9
02-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh View Post
...finished Dyson. Tonight.

No, seriously, I'm finally DONE grinding.

Until next season
Dyson's easier though. I mean, it doesn't require expertise for every Rep project, only for the small 150 Rep Xp ones and the gear projects.

And that's why it's the best Rep so far and other Reps should cry themselves to sleep at night knowing they're inferior.
We simply... are.

Captain
# 10
02-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Poor thing...

Being you, I'd first check if I had some available Patrol missions.
Then check dailies. Some of those give decent amounts.

You can go through "Spin the Wheel" (fair amount for needed time).

Otherwise, a full ESTF space run (excluding Hive) usually gives me around 10k. Not much but 2 new projects for sure.
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force