Rihannsu
# 21
02-17-2014, 04:34 PM
I had a character with 2+ mil, then a final project for the Mine opened up and I filled it.
Career Officer
# 22
02-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Doffing. Even if you do it once a day it helps out. Just fill up your roster as much as you can and you should get a decent boost to your exp. I'm not saying it will solve everything overnight but it helps.
Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
Empire Veteran
# 23
02-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Simple solution: Make expertise tradable. After all, we all sell our expertise for a salary IRL.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
02-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealfluffy View Post
Simple solution: Make expertise tradable. After all, we all sell our expertise for a salary IRL.
I like the sound of that. Maby like a direct EC to expertise market?
Captain
# 25
02-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Sphere of Influence gives a goodly chunk of points. Just do that eight times a day and you'll be fine.
# 26
02-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealfluffy View Post
As good as that sounds in principle, that's a bad idea. Mainly because that just gives PWE the opportunity to monetise Expertise gain and yeah that's a road i'd rather they didn't go down.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Captain
# 27
02-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Meh, I don't think I've ever spent expertise. EVER.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
02-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Yo, Cryptic! You took the only event out of the game that was designed to grant lots of expertise, but you didn't take the expertise requirement out of the reputation system.

This is game breaking to individual characters due to the large amounts of Xp your reputation system requires, not the fact that we can get very small quantities of Xp in other places.
And you caused it!

Either reduce the Xp requirement, increase what we gain from other stuff so it balances, or put the stupid event back in the game.

I swear, this is the typical behavior I see from Cryptic repeatedly. Nothing makes it all the way to brilliant, it always stops just short at level: ridiculous.

I can't believe we have to stop and tell the game designer their game sucks and they are destroying their mechanics with poorly thought out changes and weak-ass implementation.
Talk about a lack of vision....
Captain
# 29
02-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdeadman View Post
Yo, Cryptic! You took the only event out of the game that was designed to grant lots of expertise, but you didn't take the expertise requirement out of the reputation system.

This is game breaking to individual characters due to the large amounts of Xp your reputation system requires, not the fact that we can get very small quantities of Xp in other places.
And you caused it!

Either reduce the Xp requirement, increase what we gain from other stuff so it balances, or put the stupid event back in the game.

I swear, this is the typical behavior I see from Cryptic repeatedly. Nothing makes it all the way to brilliant, it always stops just short at level: ridiculous.

I can't believe we have to stop and tell the game designer their game sucks and they are destroying their mechanics with poorly thought out changes and weak-ass implementation.
Talk about a lack of vision....
There is nothing game breaking about the lack of a MU event. I've had no problem with expertise, and I just completed T5 on all 4 reps on a a new Fed Eng yesterday, and then purchased the entire Assimilated Borg, Borg Adapted, and MACO Mk XII ground set and ran out of OMEGA marks and still have expertise to spare. I frankly want the Adapted MACO space and groun for the toon as well but ran out of Omega Marks for them.

Go play Dyson ground, plenty of exp there along with dil ore.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh View Post
I have WAAYYYYY too much of the stuff. Personally, I think there needs to be a way to turn in a million or so for DIL. That would be a great way to get rid of it.
Or a fleet project or something. 500 Fleet Marks and 1 million Expertise, say.

I'm with the people who can't seem to imagine running out of Expertise, but then, I Doff constantly. Doff early, Doff often. Particularly on the KDF. Why would you ever not be Marauding?