Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 12:43 PM
What i like?? umm... well my favorite part is of course the exploration missions. I have mostly played fantasy games and i feel so relieved that i don't have to collect 10 pig tails or bear claws any more .
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheduwa
Its what all the cool kids are playing.
*Star Trek fans*

*Cool kids*

Ha. Ha. Ha.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I liked the disintegration animation on exploit attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I love the look of the planets. Every once in a while I see one that looks like it's straight out of the original series.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 01:11 PM
  • Expose/Exploit setups are a neat idea that works well. Flanking is a little janky, but adds another element of welcome depth.
  • Space combat is as fun and streamlined as Starfleet Command, while adding the rewards of an MMO
  • Planetary areas are beautiful, and I haven't seen a repeated one (yet!)
  • "Episode" system works well for the time I have available to play. Nice to pop in and a do a complete set of storied missions in 30min-1hr.
  • Love auto teaming, and like that it's straightforward enough that pickup groups aren't as messy as the usually are.
  • Generally, the three classes and their abilities support each other well
  • Lots of room for growth!

So thanks for the game, Cryptic! I'm enjoying myself as it is right now, and looking forward to what the future holds.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 01:17 PM
I thoroughly enjoy:
1) The crafting
2) The diversity or ground and space missions
3) The MT/Sub whammy
4) The well thought-out and detailed skill trees
5) The plethora of content available to the Klingon faction
6) The diverse, rich planetsides

OWAIT
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 01:18 PM
****BOOOOOM!!!!***
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Positive Point No.1: Klingons
Positive Point No.2: Fed targets

Win-win.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
trying to avoid biting at the flame-bait...

I love the ground combat.. i think i'm the only one but its a great deal of fun now compared to how it was when i joined closed beta. the expose/exploit system is a great deal of fun and i've even managed to vapourise someone in melee combat (dont ask me how!)

the potential for the exploration missions is mind boggling, right now they're fairly standard random generated missions, but what could be done with the system is massively unique and i cant wait for the day the devs finally get it working as originally intended.

I even enjoy the PvP here, normally i avoid PvP in games but here its kinda fun, its fairly light hearted and enjoyable and while i know a lot of the "hardcore PvP'ers" dont enjoy whats in right now, i hope with whatever changes they bring in to keep them happy that they dont completely remove whats there now.

and i love the forums, because it reminds me that human beings can be so completely and utterly stupid that it fascinates me how we as a race managed to evolve and survive at all with people like that in the gene pool
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I like the desktop icon