Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Sooo ... sitting in chairs. Its not a new concept, in the real world its been around for a few hundred thousand years whether it was a rock, a bench, a tree stump, tire swing or a really expensive sofa. In MMORPG's its a rather basic item. Pretty simple, you walk up to said chair, seat, soft or in our case a CAPTAINS CHAIR ... you put your cursor over it, right click and your toon does this nifty little animation where you turn and sit down.

The ironic part is in Star Trek Online, we have "Captains Chairs" where the Captain sits and rules his little pond. But to sit in it, you have to have 3 midgets, four pounds of tin foil, do six different dances, jump upsidedown with a gnome on your head and know enough about rocket science to launch a toaster into orbit. On top of that, when sitting in the captains chair the toon won't fit into it, novel concept, but okay.

Really .... at what development meeting did Cryptic decide "Lets not have a simple right click the chair to sit in it." decision? And who okay'd that in the meeting? Where there no donuts and coffee at this monday morning meeting? Was there a budget issue?

Yes, sarcasim. But really, it would be nice if you could install the basic concept of sitting in a chair like every other MMORPG in the known universe has done. I'm sure you guys learned that piece of code and video game school.

Thanks for reading my silly post ...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Upon further consideration I am going to have to support this.

I can haz ability to sit in my captain's chair?

I don't usually go to my bridge much, but when I do being able to sit in the damned chair would be nice.

However, it's cosmetic so fix all that other stuff first.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I would agree that being able to sit in your captains chair is an integral part of the Star Trek experience.

They also need to make sure all the BO's are sititng correctly in all the chairs on all the different types of bridges.

Minor and should be a quick fix.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I'd rather Cryptic actually DO something with the Bridge area before doing something small like letting us sit in the chair.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 11:53 AM
There is a reason you can't sit in a chair. The enter game world is scaled up relative to players. Look at your bridge officers-- they are like children "sitting" on the edges of adult sized chairs. Then look at your turbolift door. See how HUGE it is?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 11:55 AM
It was part of the same meeting that decided that what was needed was to beam to the bridge and just look at it for 30 seconds before beaming out again.

THIS IS STARFLEET! WE HAVE NO TIME FOR SITTING DOWN!

QUICK! GO DEFEND SIRIUS SOME MORE!

Remember kids, if you're sitting, you're not levelling. Levelling is life. Levelling is your reason for being. Now shuddup and go defend Sirius.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 11:55 AM
That is funny because i was on the bridge about 4 times and each time I tried to sit down in that chair. It is just something that we need to do. Standing beside it makes you feel alert but there is something to be said for just stitin’ back and yelling orders. I would supply the donuts and coffee for the next meeting to be able to do that
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valion310 View Post

Really .... at what development meeting did Cryptic decide "Lets not have a simple right click the chair to sit in it." decision? And who okay'd that in the meeting? Where there no donuts and coffee at this monday morning meeting? Was there a budget issue?

Thanks for reading my silly post ...
Do they really have these sort of meetings? I've always wondered. What must they be like? Do they actually munch donuts whilst figuring all of this crap out? What a job that must be!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I agree, seems rather silly. Although, the Bridges are useless anyway now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
the same people who saw how badly it was bugged in 'that other game" when it launched, you could sit down and never get up!!!!! Besides your sitting in a RL chair, i believe many of us (myslef included) might just need ot get out of it more!