Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Who you calling a troll? You were the one whining.
synopsis:a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm only about halfway through lt 6 with about 7 hours played.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekronyte View Post
Im glad im not the only one who feels the same way about the "episode" missions. Im just a Lt 7 trying to move up in ranks and spending an hour for so few skill points is causing it drag on for me (still having fun tho) maybe I will try to do more patrol missions.

I realize they called 'episode' missions but I didnt think they were supposed to BE as a long as an episode.
I'm glad we see eye to eye.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Am I missing the point of this post?

Ok so the OP likes to grind XP with the fleet actions and not do episode missions.

Ok?

So what.

Congrates?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
The character progression in this game is much slower than in other MMOs, but I think that it makes perfect sense. Do we really want a Starfleet comprised of nothing but Admirals and T5 ships by week two?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
The point of my threads are to post my stances on things, then sit back and see how many people agree, and how many people disagree.

forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castout85 View Post
Fleet actions
Since Im a Engi/Cruiser pilot, my DPS sucks, and I'll never benefit from fleet actions as I'll never see the top of the list, did it once for the exp bonus, and moved on.
And yet here I am with my Engineer topping charts in a Miranda, just before I had hit LtC, in a mission that is normally only done by people with Tier 2 ships.

The ship is only half the fight.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for teh heads up on Patrol missions...

I had only completed 2 of those and having played since the start of pre-release am only Leutennant..

Maybe this will help me move up the ranks faster !
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otakuon View Post
The character progression in this game is much slower than in other MMOs, but I think that it makes perfect sense. Do we really want a Starfleet comprised of nothing but Admirals and T5 ships by week two?
Well, there were Rear Admirals just from the head start weekend. Why wait til week 2 when we can all be rear admirals before week 1 is up? ;(

I'm enjoying the journey and all the content I can experience. I'll get to Admiral in my own good time.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Well, there were Rear Admirals just from the head start weekend. Why wait til week 2 when we can all be rear admirals before week 1 is up? ;(

I'm enjoying the journey and all the content I can experience. I'll get to Admiral in my own good time.
Yes, of course there will always be those who just power level for 20 hours per day becuase they have nothing better to do...but for those of us who just like to play the game for the sake of playing it, I think the progression is just right. I almost wish that the Admiral ranks didn't exist yet or were more difficult to obtain...I can see thousands of captains running around, but thousands of admirals will be a bit...odd.