Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 11
02-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
You could actually extend this to "canon ships only", but that would probably turn off a lot...
Well I don't want to make too much rules because it could take away the fun factor? But for me with my MVAE I put phasers/quants/torps only... I know I can put cannons on it but in the show I didn't see it shoot cannons so I won't put cannons. It will be a WIP and we will just have to see what everyone wants to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyre99 View Post
I'm interested but I'm not sure If I could afford making a new build. Then again, you did say that we have to use mk XI or lower, and I don't think phasers are that expensive on the exchange. Plus, this would be a way for me to try the new loadout system. I might be able to join. Send the invite to @timothyre99 and I'll try to make it work.
I went with MK X blues which I think costed me 60,000 EC/phaser array? I could be wrong. I mentioned above that my DPS parsed in ISE was still 7k+. A fellow channel member suggested it may be a bit too high so I was contemplating on going MK V even hahahah!..

With the new loadout system it's GREAT! I want to go DPS to get things done and over with I do but if I want to fly my ship and use my Multi Vector Assault Mode I go STB!

Last edited by trizeo1; 02-18-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Commander
# 12
02-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
I like the idea.

However... What do you consider the romulan race specific energy weapons? In the series they used disrupters, in sto they use plasma.

And for the Klingons, they were seen to use all kinds of torpedo weapons, what's their torpedo?
I can leave that up to you =)
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
02-18-2014, 11:39 AM
To save people from spending too much of they have some already just compensate with having ships without consoles such as no tactical consoles.
NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
Commander
# 14
02-18-2014, 11:47 AM
This sounds good.

I know what works in game, but am also a big fan of canonical builds. I've got a beam boat Prometheus and a torp boat Akira (Armitage) sitting in the hangar and they do just fine in PvE.

The only problem I see is the gear restrictions. I run purple XI/XII and/or fleet quality gear on all my ships... period.
Commander
# 15
02-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsteve View Post
To save people from spending too much of they have some already just compensate with having ships without consoles such as no tactical consoles.
That can work as well. Currently I have 5 tac consoles 3 of which are the phaser ones and 1 for quant and 1 for photon. It's totally up for discussion. I have left my other consoles on such as Zero point and the assimilated.
Career Officer
# 16
02-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Count em (@admiraltrappitt) in. I'm even trying to make canon builds. Hard to find that stats thopugh. But, I'm trying, and when I have it done, I'll post it to the forums.
Join Star Trek Battles!
Commander
# 17
02-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaris View Post
This sounds good.

I know what works in game, but am also a big fan of canonical builds. I've got a beam boat Prometheus and a torp boat Akira (Armitage) sitting in the hangar and they do just fine in PvE.

The only problem I see is the gear restrictions. I run purple XI/XII and/or fleet quality gear on all my ships... period.
I as well have top line fleet weapons and gear and switch out to my phaser/quant/photon build. As suggested above maybe we can see how just taking off the consoles do? In the end need to have it as close to the canonical builds as you mentioned above. Most if not all Fed ships have phasers/quants/photons so I want to keep as close to that as possible. My set with tac consoles costed me 300k+? and with the new quick switch it's easy to switch between different builds.
Captain
# 18
02-18-2014, 12:21 PM
I like the idea very much. It would make a change to be able to enjoy ISE again with having to co-ordinate efforts and actually work against the clock - instead of blitzing through it in 5 minutes.

Opinion would be divided on this, but I personally think the gear cap should be enforced. To make it even cheaper on EC go with green MK XI instead. You could outfit an entire ship, consoles and all, for pennies.

If you allow players to use top end fleet gear, universal consoles and all the other toys it would just result in the same blitz we already have - just a more canon version of it. Might as well carrying on pugging.
Kurov - KDF Tactical
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"
Commander
# 19
02-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
I like the idea very much. It would make a change to be able to enjoy ISE again with having to co-ordinate efforts and actually work against the clock - instead of blitzing through it in 5 minutes.

Opinion would be divided on this, but I personally think the gear cap should be enforced. To make it even cheaper on EC go with green MK XI instead. You could outfit an entire ship, consoles and all, for pennies.

If you allow players to use top end fleet gear, universal consoles and all the other toys it would just result in the same blitz we already have - just a more canon version of it. Might as well carrying on pugging.
The reason for keeping the top gear like shields etc is for the survivability as they can still sting but it wouldn't be out of the question, that also can be discussed. Im suggesting even going lower like MK V, I haven't tested it but as I mentioned with MK X gear blue in ISE I still got 7k+ dps. I was still using buffs n' all the good powers available to me like BO3.

I figure MK V would net around 3 - 5k? I don't want it too low but just enough... what that is will have to be determined amongst the STB members.
Commander
# 20
02-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
Work with your fleet... I know pretty much everyone in my fleet has dialed back the DPS of their builds in an effort to make missions enjoyable again... 5k DPS is more than sufficient to handle anything found in PvE.