Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Ensign
# 21
02-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Great idea, like it very much! I want to see if it will give me back the the good feeling of accomplishment and actually use the brain not just the muscles. (And to add that probably the best STO feel I got was with the T3 and T4 ships, during leveling part, hehe.)
Captain
# 22
02-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizeo1 View Post
The reason for keeping the top gear like shields etc is for the survivability as they can still sting but it wouldn't be out of the question, that also can be discussed. Im suggesting even going lower like MK V, I haven't tested it but as I mentioned with MK X gear blue in ISE I still got 7k+ dps. I was still using buffs n' all the good powers available to me like BO3.

I figure MK V would net around 3 - 5k? I don't want it too low but just enough... what that is will have to be determined amongst the STB members.
I understand, sounds good! Feel free to send an invite my way, I'm happy to go with the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaris View Post
Work with your fleet... I know pretty much everyone in my fleet has dialed back the DPS of their builds in an effort to make missions enjoyable again... 5k DPS is more than sufficient to handle anything found in PvE.
I'll bear that in mind, the more regular players are in the high DPS camp but I will mention it.
Kurov - KDF Tactical
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"
Republic Veteran
# 23
02-19-2014, 12:15 AM
i give it a try as well. Would set up a Romulan/Mogai.
Career Officer
# 24
02-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Good luck with your endeavors......been running CGE and IGE for years.....and years.

No level of toning down the dps will make it fun for me......

y'all must be relatively new players.......
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
02-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Interesting idea.

My Sovereign would have 2 arrays front, + 1 photon + 1 quantum launcher and in the rear 2 arrays and 1 photon + 1 quantum since ships like the sovereigncan fire both.

The galaxy would probably have one photon front and 3 arrays (should be 2, but that would leave one slot unused) and teh same in the rear.

Intrepid would have 2 arrays and 1 photon front , 1 array and 2 photons rear. photon front can be swapped for tricobalt.

Defiant runs quad cannons, dual beams, quantum and photon front, 1 array, photons and quantums rear.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
02-19-2014, 05:04 AM
Whoa!!! What a glorious idea!

This is great for me as I already build my ship based on canon - phaser/quantum for Fed.; disruptor/photon for KDF and plasma/plasma for Rom.
I also usually fly cruisers and I use both fore and aft torpedo tubes. I just need to switch the weapons, but I have crafted Mk XI arrays so it shouldn't ba a problem.

I look up the channel when I drop in game.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 27
02-19-2014, 05:13 AM
Like this idea.

Speed runs and Scimi FAW spam kings really become boring after a time so nice to have
a change of pace.
send me a inv @mouerte
Captain
# 28
02-19-2014, 05:28 AM
This sounds like Fun, I could refit my oddy for this on my main. I"m down!
Captain Marrik Steele, USS Nike(Avenger)
Captain Lunamaria Hawke, IKS Eclipse(Dyson Destroyer)
Commander Altair RRW Anduril(Ak'rif Warbird)
Commander
# 29
02-19-2014, 05:35 AM
Sounds fantastic. Handle is @Merkage

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
02-19-2014, 06:37 AM
So basically, this is an RP channel? Or rather, a combat channel with a bit of RP mixed in?
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}