Lt. Commander
My old PC died on me, so Im using a replacment untill i can get it fixed or buy another one, took awhile to update it as this partiqular PC has not been used since 2005.

Either way i CAN play and I will, but I am experiencing graphics errors, i dont know what they are called or how to fix them, any advice or help would be apreciated.

http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/3463...5-06-40-21.jpg

This is a Pic of what I mean, it can be better than this or on the flip side, much, much worse
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littica
My old PC died on me, so Im using a replacment untill i can get it fixed or buy another one, took awhile to update it as this partiqular PC has not been used since 2005.

Either way i CAN play and I will, but I am experiencing graphics errors, i dont know what they are called or how to fix them, any advice or help would be apreciated.

http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/3463...5-06-40-21.jpg

This is a Pic of what I mean, it can be better than this or on the flip side, much, much worse
That is called artifacting. Usually caused by your gpu being too hot. Try enabling vsync in your ingame options, and type ingame /maxfps 40.

Also, on your launcher options, under advanced command line, enter "-perframesleep 10" without the quotes.
This command lessens the load on your GPU. If those dont work, post back with your dxdiag log
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the reply, ill check when the game is live again, hope it works I like taking Screenshots and taking them like that... well its not nice lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Whih graphics card are you running?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:56 AM
On this Poxy old thing, just an old Geforce 6600 256MB... thats about all it will support lol, like i said its something of an emergency system XD

Getting a better one be it a new one of my old one repared could take while though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
That is called artifacting. Usually caused by your gpu being too hot. Try enabling vsync in your ingame options, and type ingame /maxfps 40.

Also, on your launcher options, under advanced command line, enter "-perframesleep 10" without the quotes.
This command lessens the load on your GPU. If those dont work, post back with your dxdiag log
Screen tearing is caused by VSYNC not what was show in the picture. Turning on VSYNC will just sync refresh rates and limit the framerate to vertical.

Those are polygons not rendering properly. I'd guess shader issue but also an effect of heat strain on failing GPU. I'd guess shader issue since that card is only running shader 2.0 I beleive this game requires Shader 3.0

What exactly does -perframesleep 10 do and do you have any command or console commands to control rendering variables? Is there a list of commands I can find somewhere?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 04:22 AM
I have Shadows terned off, so how is that an issue, and if it somehow still is how can i disable it completely if I even can?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
I have Shadows terned off, so how is that an issue, and if it somehow still is how can i disable it completely if I even can?
If they are off they aren't an issue When set to OFF in STO they are OFF.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothandros
If they are off they aren't an issue When set to OFF in STO they are OFF.
Thats odd, you say If they are off they aren't an issue When set to OFF in STO they are OFF, but of the Forum it only showed you as saying.

odd
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Thats odd, you say If they are off they aren't an issue When set to OFF in STO they are OFF, but of the Forum it only showed you as saying.

odd
Thats because I was writing a reply to another thread but in the wrong thread and I changed it at the last moment as your issue is with shaders and another was having problem with mysterious black dots I noticed I was in the wrong thread then saved it quickly to try and write a proper response sorry lol its 5:20 am and I havent slept and my back is KILLING me.