Lt. Commander
I just got my Pre-order reward, the TR-116 rifle seen in DS9; and I have to say it is rubbish, it makes me feel the game wasn't worth pre-ordering. I can hardly take down shields and it doesn't even seem to fire without line of sight as it is advertised on the website.

I was really looking forward to getting this in-game because I always liked it since I saw it in DS9 where Ezri used it. But now I am left feeling very disappointed.

I think this weapon needs a serious buff and also some better firing effects, its a projectile weapon not a phaser.

Does anyone else think like I do?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I take it that you ordered from Game.co.uk?

Tbh, I haven't inputted my code yet but I didn't expect it to be as buffed as the advert made it sound. After all, if the rifle had the opportunity to fire through walls and was very powerful, then that begins to severely imbalance the game.

Incidentally, what level is it? Lt?

Quite frankly, I'm more happier that we get the DS9 uniform than the rifle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
The sniper shot ability works without line of sight.

Its classed as a Mk1 weapon with 19dps so its a little weak, some way to upgrade it would be nice but its quite cool.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
I take it that you ordered from Game.co.uk?

Tbh, I haven't inputted my code yet but I didn't expect it to be as buffed as the advert made it sound. After all, if the rifle had the opportunity to fire through walls and was very powerful, then that begins to severely imbalance the game.

Incidentally, what level is it? Lt?

Quite frankly, I'm more happier that we get the DS9 uniform than the rifle.
Yeah I did pre-order off game.co.uk and I wished I didn't now. I was hoping for a really good gun, and it should be if its a pre-order reward!

I can forgive alot of other problems Cryptic has made with this game, but this is really pushing my buttons to much now! I spent money on this game from this site specifically for this weapon, and I could of got it cheaper from other places but without the rifle, so I am very annoyed now!

Please read this Devs, it is extremely important you fix this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Most of the preorder stuff is there to help with the first few levels.

The TR-116 is better than the early weapons, but its no help afterwards, dosen't seem like it was ment to be a powerful weapon. The multi-spacial shield is the same way, better than a tier 2 shield, but not tier 3.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Ok I get the idea of it being good for lower levels, but its not even good for that, I used my new Klingon character with it, and default disrupter pistol is better.